• 4(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2019-08-13, 18:23)Wanilton Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 18:20)tonigb Wrote: I tried it and I know. See everything very dark, I use a nvidia 1050. Because it can be? Thank you
Change render auto to pixel shaders, don't work with dxva or software yet. 

Perfect, thank you very much for your quick response.
Now you see very saturated colors, is it normal?
Work in progress, it's normal, try post images or video, do you use advancedsettings.xml file when testing?
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
other than the saturated colors it works perfect, thank you for working on this
(2019-08-13, 20:38)Wanilton Wrote: Work in progress, it's normal, try post images or video, do you use advancedsettings.xml file when testing?

Yes
So... I was going to work on Kodi tonight. Got a hint about why DXVA isn't working, well.. this isn't happening.

I'm staying at an Air Bnb while I work in another city. The owner of the apartment I am in did not pay the energy bill.
Result I at a hotel for tonight and tomorrow I'll travel back to my city.

So for the next couple of days no updates.
hdr logo working in my lg oled c7 but color not like madver (color normal)
i think something wrong
my setup
setting nvidia: 4k/30fps/444/12
hdr windows=off
setting kodi: render: pixel shader
copy advancedsetting...
The difference in color saturation could be a color space mismatch. Do you know if Kodi is sending Rec.2020 or Rec.709 to the display? If it is Rec.709 and you report Rec.2020 to the display, the saturation tracking will be incorrect.

That would be an issue with how VideoPlayer works.
(2019-08-15, 02:08)Warner306 Wrote: The difference in color saturation could be a color space mismatch. Do you know if Kodi is sending Rec.2020 or Rec.709 to the display? If it is Rec.709 and you report Rec.2020 to the display, the saturation tracking will be incorrect.

how i know ?
(2019-08-15, 02:08)Warner306 Wrote: The difference in color saturation could be a color space mismatch. Do you know if Kodi is sending Rec.2020 or Rec.709 to the display? If it is Rec.709 and you report Rec.2020 to the display, the saturation tracking will be incorrect.

The code sends a static Rec.2020 instead of taking it directly from the video metadata.
I intend to change it as soon as I can put my hands at my PC again.

Also I believe there is an error in the math converting the metadata from the video stream taken by FFmpeg and sending it to Nvidia drivers.
In Madvr this metadata is presented by LAV decoder instead of FFmpeg.

In Kodi FFmpeg presents numbers as AVRational: so let's use light as an example the unit is cd / m², this can be 1/2.
LAV uses double that can't express a fraction it will provide 0.5 instead.

I'm studying this so I can properly convert it.

Madshi have a huge patience with all my questions and is answering every one I have to understand this.
Him and Anton are helping a lot providing lines of code and answers.

And.. I'm back at my home for 3 days. Now I have a 4k TV with hdr to test it by myself this will speed things out. Still I need to spend some quality family time here.

Hope to finish this really soon.
Awesome work @fandangos  Smile  Yes, color mapping is still off but otherwise HDR-switching is working reliably.
I want to show you guys this:

This is the OPPO 203 4K UHD Blu-Ray player outputing HDR:

This is Kodi outputing HDR using DXVA:

Please have in mind that I'm using a port of Google Camera with an LG G7. 
Not using a tripod and I need to move to change inputs on my receiver. 

I'm going to update the first post with download links and instructions but I think we can call this finally done. 
DXVA works and should be the method used. 
Pixel shader, I believe, uses 8bit color space that's the reason colors are over saturated. I have no intentions of working this out.

Libbluray do work, UHD Bluray menus are rendered in HDR. 
I'll post once again the link for the my updated package with libbluray 1.1.1 with ALL the dependencies updated. Just extract it into C:\Program Files\Kodi

Also: try10bitout in advanced settings is needed for proper color reproductions.

Finally, this isn't a replacement for DSplayer. 
The work Madshi has done, the upscale it does is beyond anything I'll ever be able do accomplish.
If you want the best possible picture quality use some player that can use Madvr like Aracnoz's DSPlayer. 

And all this would not be possible without the help of others:
fritsch
Anton @afdechin
Mathias Rauen @madshi
Wanilton for feedback and directions. 

That's it, in a moment expect an update to the first post.
Pleasure help you, great job.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Excellent.  Can/will @afedchin / @fritsch add this to Windows official v.19 or will this remain a fork?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-08-15, 16:45)brazen1 Wrote: Excellent.  Can/will @afedchin / @fritsch add this to Windows official v.19 or will this remain a fork?

I would need to fix a few thins in my code to apply for a Team Kodi blessing and approval of it.

I have to clean some unused lines and all the comments from my code.

The kill HDR switch is embedded into videoplayer.cpp and this is not the way it should work within kodi. 
The kill switch needs to be within BaseRenderer.cpp. But this needs to be added with some code to listen to OnPlayBackStop and trigger it. 

I'll see if I can do it but don't expect it so soon. 
And.. I'm not sure if Team Kodi would like to add a proprietary function call into it's engine so, there's that.
I've installed your latest release, libbluray 1.1.1, and added code to my A/S.xml.

A little feedback:
No more oversaturation.  Imo, it looks perfect.  Congrats and well done.  No need to change a single setting going from official build to this fork anymore.

Update instructions to unpack libbluray 1.1.1, copy contents of folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi and NOT to program files/Kodi as instructed.  Maybe add to build.  No harm done if a user doesn't require menus.

I use iso's, not a disc in a dedicated player such as your oppo.  I am able to render complete menus using DVDFab and PDVD players fwiw.  Trying a newer release, I bring up context menu for 'play using' VideoPlayer since I have many external players.  I select 'show bluray menu'.  Then I get a pop-up 'BD-J menu error'.  'There was an error loading JAVA, so BD-J menus will not be functional at this time.  BD-J menus require the JAVA runtime environment so make sure this is installed and running on your system.'  
Perhaps you should also link the correct JAVA installation in your instructions.  I don't even know which one(s) to use for x64 and I suspect users may need x64 and x86 installations not to mention the different Java's available?

I also tried older iso titles to get menus (Allied (2016).  These don't give the pop-up JAVA error.  These pop-up 'the disc is not supported' or simply flash the screen, fail to playback, and return me to the library.  This too is probably because JAVA is not installed.  Lastly anyone, is JAVA safe and what setting precautions and minimums are recommended when using it but still allows functionality for menus in Kodi?  

Thank you for what you've brought us.  Many thanks.  It would be great if this can be added to official Kodi by meeting requirements.  No expectations or time frames upon you at all.

Really impressed how far this advanced in such a short amount of time.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9