• 27(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2019-09-14, 06:56)Mount81 Wrote: For those who reported it working on the 2400G AMD APU: Can you tell what motherboards do you have?

ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING
@fandangos is a G.D Genius, Finally Smile
(2019-09-14, 11:17)benq999 Wrote:
(2019-09-14, 06:56)Mount81 Wrote: For those who reported it working on the 2400G AMD APU: Can you tell what motherboards do you have?

ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING 
That's a new one to the list. 4K / 60Hz also working fine?
With my Ryzen 2400g im using an Asrock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
All housed in an Inwin Chopin mini itx case a lovely compact set up for an htpc, was originally built as a machine to play 4k hdr mkv's but that ended up only being possible when using vlc player and only 30-40 percent of films would work.
This Hdr build has finally made the ryzen 2400g a viable htpc, if only they would get 4k netflix hdr going on it, it would be the perfect relatively cheap htpc solution.
(2019-09-14, 18:10)jaxter Wrote: With my Ryzen 2400g im using an Asrock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
All housed in an Inwin Chopin mini itx case a lovely compact set up for an htpc, was originally built as a machine to play 4k hdr mkv's but that ended up only being possible when using vlc player and only 30-40 percent of films would work.
This Hdr build has finally made the ryzen 2400g a viable htpc, if only they would get 4k netflix hdr going on it, it would be the perfect relatively cheap htpc solution.

Did you tried MPCHC+MadVR? Or any other MadVR options? It's a bit strange that it didn't work well. What other players did you try that failed? And what were the exact problems with the playback?
(2019-09-14, 18:19)Mount81 Wrote:
(2019-09-14, 18:10)jaxter Wrote: With my Ryzen 2400g im using an Asrock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

Did you tried MPCHC+MadVR? Or any other MadVR options? It's a bit strange that it didn't work well. What other players did you try that failed? And what were the exact problems with the playback? 

i tried madvr with mp-hc but the ryzen but playback was choppy on a lot of films and also vlc and all other methods were just so faffy and inelegant toggling switches and what not, as kodi is my front end for my entire library of TV/Movies having everything integrated is a godsend.
My only niggle now is as i also use hdr projector to watch 4k hdr netflix on big screen i have to switch my 1080ti equipped gaming rig on an use netflix app on windows 10 for 4k hdr, on tv (lg oled) its fine as  tv's netflix app gives best picture features e.g Dolby Vision, Atmos.
(2019-09-14, 13:25)Mount81 Wrote: That's a new one to the list. 4K / 60Hz also working fine?

I'm having some hdcp issues, not sure why, but my ripped uhd Blu rays are playing fine with fandangos build. That's also included Billy Lynn (4K, 60).
@fandangos 
Great, this looks promising!

But why not "simply" integrate madvr as it already has really good and working HDR capabilities?
Because you don't simply integrate madvr. It uses a complete different set of tools like LAV.

Aracnoz did this for DSplayer and the amount of code is beyond anything I'll probably be able to do in my entire life.

Now about the broken DXVA for Nvidia on 2.6. I have fixed it but still haven't got time to plug the AMD gpu and check if it's working.
Having 2 separate builds is much easier than having both APIs co existing but thatConfused my goal.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to upload a new build with colors fixed for both, stutter free and libbluray that has no problem detecting Java.
(2019-09-14, 18:28)jaxter Wrote:
(2019-09-14, 18:19)Mount81 Wrote:

i tried madvr with mp-hc but the ryzen but playback was choppy on a lot of films and also vlc and all other methods were just so faffy and inelegant toggling switches and what not, as kodi is my front end for my entire library of TV/Movies having everything integrated is a godsend.
My only niggle now is as i also use hdr projector to watch 4k hdr netflix on big screen i have to switch my 1080ti equipped gaming rig on an use netflix app on windows 10 for 4k hdr, on tv (lg oled) its fine as  tv's netflix app gives best picture features e.g Dolby Vision, Atmos. 
Have you tried settings advised in this tutorial for MadVR? See the "On a budget and need basic 4K UHD video processing" part. My goal would be also a budget as possible HTPC at start, preferably with sufficient UHD / HDR capability also with MadVR, so the Ryzen APU's are the primary targets under my radar.
(2019-09-14, 21:03)fandangos Wrote: Because you don't simply integrate madvr. It uses a complete different set of tools like LAV.

Aracnoz did this for DSplayer and the amount of code is beyond anything I'll probably be able to do in my entire life.

Now about the broken DXVA for Nvidia on 2.6. I have fixed it but still haven't got time to plug the AMD gpu and check if it's working.
Having 2 separate builds is much easier than having both APIs co existing but thatConfused my goal.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to upload a new build with colors fixed for both, stutter free and libbluray that has no problem detecting Java.
Ok, I see. Thx for clarifying. Its kinda sad that Kodi just doesn't integrate MadVR natively.
the dev's from what they have said will only implement HDR when it requires just one native API for all 3 brands and unfortunately will most likely only happen if microsoft implement something in the direct x API, this is why am very thankful that fandangros has done this as nvidia and amd rigs can to be put together pretty cheap, my rig is an old gen4 intel/DDR3 that used to be my htpc before hvec and hdmi 2.0 came out, cost to me for green team HDR was £77 for a gt 1030 card Smile, nuc's soon to be sold and powerdvd a thing of the past Smile
I was starting to considere a different build for AMD and one for Nvidia because DXVAHD code output different color spaces depending on which hardware. 

The solution was to get the VendoID from DXGI and have a portion of the code being executed when AMD hardware is detected and other when Nvidia hardware is detected. 
I took the vendorID from AMD sample code and with the GPUs I have in hand (1080Ti and a RX 550) it worked and hopefully the ID for Ryzen iGPU is the same.

You can get the latest 2.7 version at github as usual.
(2019-09-13, 10:25)kikassridec2 Wrote: are u using a primary pc monitor? or secondary tv ?
if using secondary tv check has your tv got a limited/full setting?

i have limited turned off in kodi
hdr off within windows 10
limited turned on secondary tv setting
full range rgb on within nvidia

if ur watching on a primary pc monitor i would turn hrd on within windows 10. as ur other settings watching on pc monitor should be set to limited as i am aware.

my primary pc monitor is not hdr compatible so i always leave it off within windows 10.

my secondary tv is hdr compatible 

TV is primary. UHD enabled. I tried black at normal and auto. There isn't a high option.
nVidia control panel set at Full Range RGB
HDR off in Windows...

Still having issues. I can take pictures maybe?
(2019-09-15, 14:52)fandangos Wrote: You can get the latest 2.7 version at github as usual.
Nice job. I'd give this a go but is it still using the newer version of ffmpeg and therefore has the big delays when seeking/skipping chapters?  Just out of curiosity, what's the deal with ffmpeg versioning here?  Is the one used in 2.6+ newer than the one used in official Kodi still?  Or have they moved up to newer ffmpeg now too?
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9