• 100(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
@ashlar 

The experience to enter in HDR mode in my tv is better, with jogal my screen blink 2 or 3 times to enter in HDR mode when using fandangos code enter equal SDR mode. It´s a personal preference only.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I also feel the same on the HDR mode blinking.
Somehow it seems to take longer to switch. 
And after stopping the movie & back to the movie thumbnail list, I find that the colors are saturated even though my projector detects as SDR.
Previously I was toying with the windows Color format & depth using the API version.
Until my projector cannot detect the signal from my HTPC. 
Rebooting the HTPC didn’t help. Even with windows HDR disabled, the screen Color is saturated. My projector still shows SDR.
But the whites and the yellow of the file explorer is HDR enabled.
Tried to enabled and disable the windows HDR but it just disable back itself.
And launching KODI, my projector cannot detect any signal at all.

Uninstall KODI API does not help. 
It is after fully uninstall nvidia Drivers, GeForce experience, HD audio & physX & clean install of Nvidia and kodi again resolved the HDR.
So whenever the screen blanks off to adjust the refresh rate of the API version, my heart is always thumping....
Hope this phenomenon on API version can be resolved for discrete nvidia GPU users.

Edit:
Just installed nightly. There’s no more double blinks. 
The screen will be dark for around 4-5secs.
Then my projector will show the resolution & refresh rate and the movie will start.
(2020-07-06, 03:48)Wanilton Wrote: @ashlar 

The experience to enter in HDR mode in my tv is better, with jogal my screen blink 2 or 3 times to enter in HDR mode when using fandangos code enter equal SDR mode. It´s a personal preference only.
Thank you. A not irrelevant difference, since my personal preference coincides totally with yours. I'm all for seamless experiences, whenever possible.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Noway to remove post, sorry, hello Smile

Might aswell ask then.

https://github.com/fandangos/Kodi-HDR-Ed.../tag/final

1) Green screen is caused by Enhancement Layer of Dolby Vision, which needs to be discarded.
Now those UHD BD will play and present their menus without any problem.

What does this mean exactly? Enhancement layer does not work? Only profile 5 DV?

Thank you
(2020-07-07, 15:28)ashlar Wrote:

Thank you. A not irrelevant difference, since my personal preference coincides totally with yours. I'm all for seamless experiences, whenever possible.
So it sounds like the *only* difference between this HDR Edition and the API Edition is how the screen switches into & out of HDR; and there is no difference in performance & quality. 

Although I prefer to use the Nvidia API in this release, since I'm using an RTX 2080 Ti Card, it seems that this release will not be updated any further very soon, per the post above - in that case it may be best to switch to the API Version. 

I have one question: "The jogal version (now default Kodi)" -- Do you mean to imply that the Official Kodi Development Builds available here http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows/win64/master/ now include the UHD HDR playback functionality? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "default kodi"?

Thanks!
(2020-07-12, 18:58)luci5r Wrote:
(2020-07-07, 15:28)ashlar Wrote:

So it sounds like the *only* difference between this HDR Edition and the API Edition is how the screen switches into & out of HDR; and there is no difference in performance & quality. 

Although I prefer to use the Nvidia API in this release, since I'm using an RTX 2080 Ti Card, it seems that this release will not be updated any further very soon, per the post above - in that case it may be best to switch to the API Version. 

I have one question: "The jogal version (now default Kodi)" -- Do you mean to imply that the Official Kodi Development Builds available here http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows/win64/master/ now include the UHD HDR playback functionality? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "default kodi"?

Thanks!

Yes the Kodi 19 nightlies now include jogal's HDR changes.

These double switch and "no signal instant" probably is not happen using full screen windowed mode (GUI Settings > System > Display) on master branch.

And for sure using latest "experimental" build: https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases  (in full screen windowed)
I'm getting a black screen on the TV when I press the stop button during an HDR10 movie. Kodi is still responsive, I just can't see anything at all. Any suggestions? Latest build.
(2020-07-12, 19:16)jogal Wrote:

These double switch and "no signal instant" probably is not happen using full screen windowed mode (GUI Settings > System > Display) on master branch.

And for sure using latest "experimental" build: https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases  (in full screen windowed)
This is very good news. Glad to see this is not something you are overlooking in your development. :-)
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Hello.
I'm using Kodi HDR Edition Jan-2020-3 with a RX 580 and there is stuttering on UHD HDR videos. Is there a fix for that?
There have been quite a few api changes to Kodi Nightly since January, especially on the inputstream front, would be nice if a July edition is released
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
@gujal 

Have one update version available, check the first post.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2020-07-18, 01:40)Wanilton Wrote: @gujal 

Have one update version available, check the first post.

Thanks for the prompt response and building a new version. However unable to download from google drive, even after logging in it says "access denied" and request for access screen is presented. I am trying to download the Latest Version - 07-17-2020  - 18h10
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Any news when this HDR version will be available for Linux Ubuntu?
Can anyone think of any reason why this version of Kodi wouldn't be able to download Artwork? It's working fantastic and I'm grateful for all the hard work but without posters it's pretty lame to use.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9