Custom item
so first, im not sure where to post this because its not skin spastic, but here goes. i have the latest kodi and am using aeon tajo. but its not a problem with skins. i have my movies separated to different categories so i need custom menu items, i have movies, animated, adult...etc. when i go to select the default action it looks like this...
video library---sources---animated--- create item here---movies. now after i created that i go to the main menu to click on my custom animated and instead of it showing me my movie list it shows like a playlist view or something and i always have to click it to get into my movies. is there a way to set it up to just lead me into the movies?
i love kodi
@o0nightfire0o

Yes, it is a skin issue. I will move you to the Aeon Tajo forum.

Best you detail what method you used to separate movies into different categories.

Custom home items (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
my movies are in separate folders in my computer and i add the different sources to kodi
i love kodi
showing me my movie list it shows like a playlist view or something and i always have to click it to get into my movies. is there a way to set it up to just lead me into the movies?
my movies are in separate folders in my computer and i add the different sources to kodi

you could do it with nodes
 (plugin.library.node.editor)

xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="filter">
    <label>mpeg link</label>
    <content>movies</content>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>E:\mpg\</value>
    </rule>
</node>

menu 
(if you make a custom folder in \library\video\ "folder" it will show up in video and you can add to favourites to get the link for the menu)
<favourite name="row1">ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/titles.xml/,return)</favourite>
the link is ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/ypur file.xml/,return)
o0nightfire0o ' Wrote: my movies are in separate folders in my computer and i add the different sources to kodi

You can try to create your own smart pkaylists.

e.g.

Here is a working example,
(the "<!-- --> "everything between <!-- --> can simply deleted if wished and is just for commenting)
xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Movies in Movie-Source-Folder named Action</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains"> <!-- using 'startswith' seems to need full path, when using android, may you like to use 'contains' instead -->
<value>\Action\</value> <!-- 'startswith' - H:\Filme\Action\ , 'contains' - '\Action\' -->
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order> <!-- 'ascending' or 'descending' for sorttitle , random (Note that random should be used with care - it is quite slow if the returned results from the <rule> sets is large e.g. more than 500 items ) -->
<limit>0</limit> <!-- The 'limit' tag simply takes a number of songs as it's limit. A missing limit tag, or <limit>0</limit> will retrieve all matches -->
<group>none</group> <!--https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists#Grouping tag allows to group the resulting list of media items by a specific category. The final list will consist of folder nodes containing matching media items.
Depending on the type of the Smart Playlist the following grouping categories exist
none , genres , years , actors , artists , directors , writers , studios , countries , sets , tags -->
</smartplaylist>

Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2019-07-24, 03:25)the_other_guy Wrote: showing me my movie list it shows like a playlist view or something and i always have to click it to get into my movies. is there a way to set it up to just lead me into the movies?

you could do it with nodes
 (plugin.library.node.editor)

xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="filter">
    <label>mpeg link</label>
    <content>movies</content>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>E:\mpg\</value>
    </rule>
</node>

menu 
(if you make a custom folder in \library\video\ "folder" it will show up in video and you can add to favourites to get the link for the menu)
<favourite name="row1">ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/titles.xml/,return)</favourite>
the link is ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/ypur file.xml/,return)
IS NOTORIOUS FOR FORGETTING FAVOURITES
WILL DO THE SAME THING AS O.P.'S ORIGINAL PROBLEM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom item0