Solved Rom Collection Browser creating empty NFO only
Hi all!

Before i start flooding a post with probably redundant info, i'll try to keep it short:

I'm Using Kodi 18 Leia and Windows 10
I have downloaded SNES9X and installed it
I have a ROMset stored in C:\KODISETS\SNES\SNES Complete Romset\
The roms are .ZIP files and are using some tags (e.g. American Gladiators (USA).zip , Captain Novolin (USA) (En,Fr,Es).zip , Dino Dini's Soccer! (Europe) (En,Fr,De) )

I followed online tutorials to setup Kodi with Rom Collection Browser addon, so far so good
In RCB on first start i set all correct paths to emulator and roms, all files local nothing special

I selected to scrape NFO and art from the internet

Now when i try to add my roms, RCB starts scraping and downloading only NFO files so far
When opening any of the NFO files, all the options are blank, except for the ROM title
xml:
<game>
  <title>Cyber Spin (USA)</title>
  <originalTitle />
  <alternateTitle />
  <platform>SNES</platform>
  <plot />
  <publisher />
  <developer />
  <year />
  <detailUrl />
  <maxPlayer />
  <region />
  <media />
  <perspective />
  <controller />
  <version />
  <rating />
  <votes />
  <isFavorite>0</isFavorite>
  <launchCount>0</launchCount>
  <thumb local="" type="boxfront" />
  <thumb local="" type="cartridge" />
  <thumb local="" type="fanart" />
  <thumb local="" type="boxback" />
  <thumb local="" type="screenshot" />
</game>
 What am i missing?

Thanks in advance!
(2019-07-22, 04:30)Veggie Wrote: I selected to scrape NFO and art from the internet
I don't use the Games section, but assume it works like the rest of the library.

Where did the NFO Files come from? Did you create them?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I did not create the NFO's

They get created/downloaded during the scraping process
Really. Ok, was not aware.

Someone with more experience with this add-on will need to assist.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for tying to help, and so quick too Smile
Ok, i'm so stupid...

Somehow i have initially downloaded an outdated RCB.zip for Kodi
What was installed was RCB 2.1.3 but after some digging i found the most recent stable version was 2.2.3

Installed that, and everything is fine now, artwork and info gets scraped, my games show up in RCB Smile

This topic can be closed!
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rom Collection Browser creating empty NFO only0