Kodi Libretro Buildbot Game Addons Repository
Will these cores work on Raspberry PI 3?
(2020-01-16, 19:54)crono141 Wrote: Will these cores work on Raspberry PI 3?

I've only tested them on LibreElec running on an RPi. If you're running some other flavor, maybe? I'm not sure.
You could try the repository listed in the read me here, or you could try manually downloading one of the addon zips from here and installing from zip in Kodi.
(2020-01-16, 20:29)zachmorris Wrote:

I've only tested them on LibreElec running on an RPi. If you're running some other flavor, maybe? I'm not sure.
You could try the repository listed in the read me here, or you could try manually downloading one of the addon zips from here and installing from zip in Kodi. 
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
(2020-01-12, 18:00)zachmorris Wrote:
(2019-12-22, 17:00)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote: Is there any news on the Nintendo 64 front?

N64 isn't included because Kodi Retroplayer doesn't currently support OpenGL. There's an open issue for Kodi on it here.

Is there anyway adding angle support to some n64 and Dreamcast cores will let change things? Being able to play these games within Kodi will really simplify things for myself and others. Retroarch announced support this here https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retro...-released/
(2020-01-17, 05:59)Jachin99 Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 18:00)zachmorris Wrote:
(2019-12-22, 17:00)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote: Is there any news on the Nintendo 64 front?

N64 isn't included because Kodi Retroplayer doesn't currently support OpenGL. There's an open issue for Kodi on it here.

Is there anyway adding angle support to some n64 and Dreamcast cores will let change things? Being able to play these games within Kodi will really simplify things for myself and others. Retroarch announced support this here https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retro...-released/

I think ANGLE was added to retroarch, rather than the core. I'm guessing ANGLE support would have to be added to Kodi / Retroplayer.
This is great! I thought I saw that there was a wolfensten port/core added recently, any chance for an add? I'm hoping it will work. Thanks for this.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Found the wolfenstein port and some others id like to try, but the question i have now is where are the launchable files within kodi for the ports located so they can be launched?
some of the emulators like genesis gx plus are listed as just works in the information on github does that include segacd and such or do the bios files need to be placed somewhere?
(2020-03-06, 17:32)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: some of the emulators like genesis gx plus are listed as just works in the information on github does that include segacd and such or do the bios files need to be placed somewhere?

Yes, BIOS files are required. You can manually put them in the right spot (see #6 here). THere's also this addon I made to help put them in the right spot automatically.

I ran the script and updated the addons today, which added ECWolf, but unfortunately it looks like it doesn't work (unsure why at this point).
did you ever figure anything out regarding ecwolf?
Hi! Great job with this and IAGL Smile

I got a couple questions.

- Do you reckon that OpenGL support (for N64) will be released for Kodi v18 at all?
- Now the hard question Wink I'm going crazy choosing what emulator to install between your repo and Kodi's official one, because the version numbers use different systems. Will it be safe to say that installing any emulator from your repo will install a newer or at least same version than using Kodi's one? Are the builds in your repo stable ones?

Thanks a lot.
(2020-04-09, 00:28)TassMetal Wrote: - Do you reckon that OpenGL support (for N64) will be released for Kodi v18 at all?

Not sure, @garbear would probably know the best what the timeline on such a thing is.

(2020-04-09, 00:28)TassMetal Wrote: - Now the hard question Wink I'm going crazy choosing what emulator to install between your repo and Kodi's official one, because the version numbers use different systems. Will it be safe to say that installing any emulator from your repo will install a newer or at least same version than using Kodi's one? Are the builds in your repo stable ones?

Well, as first post says, this is totally unofficial. I would say if compatibility/stability is your goal, then the official addons will work better since they're built specifically for Kodi. The updates for these addons are slower though (in my opinion anyway).

The buildbot will be bleeding edge / straight from the buildbot, and could possibly not work because of a libretro core issue, or not work because of a translation issue. I had to come up with a versioning number for these that was compatible with Kodi and ensured the version was based on what was coming out of the buildbot (the current format is 1.YYYY.EPOCHTIME since that will be ever increasing based on build date). The info page for the addon shows what date and build the current version is based on, example:

I personally have both, then choose which to use when i play.
Just had the chance to retest gaming (linux/x64/ubuntu 20.04LTS) - I found that the Mame2016 core is no longer working for arcade games, but the FBA core now works ok.
The last core update was back in April - it would be nice to have another/fresher snapshot compatible with kodi 19 as well
(2020-12-07, 17:54)htpcero Wrote: Just had the chance to retest gaming (linux/x64/ubuntu 20.04LTS) - I found that the Mame2016 core is no longer working for arcade games, but the FBA core now works ok.
The last core update was back in April - it would be nice to have another/fresher snapshot compatible with kodi 19 as well

I could try and automate this. I'll see if there's any free CI/CD implementation that could make it work.

With some recent CI/CD work on Kodi's side though, this repository may become redundant to the official source. I think the kodi-game repository is working on essentially doing what the purpose of this repository was, but @garbear or someone else in the know would have to comment.
(2020-01-16, 20:29)zachmorris Wrote:

Just for reference, in case it's still relevant: I have tested the armhf repository on a Raspberry Pi 4 running Raspberry Pi OS (previously known as Raspbian), and it seems to work fine so far. So I guess you could expand the README to more than just LibreElec.

Thanks for providing this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Libretro Buildbot Game Addons Repository3