auto hide OSD when continue a video after pause
Hello everybody,

is it possible to auto hide the OSD when continuing a video after pause?
Right now I always have to press for example the return button to hide the OSD.

Thanks for your help!
I don't know if is possible.
Here I have to click in return too.
Alternatively (is what I do) is just click in pause button. This way it only show the progress bar (on top) and when press play it hides automatically.
This on a TV remote control.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-23, 23:58)Jacko797 Wrote: Hello everybody,

is it possible to auto hide the OSD when continuing a video after pause?
Right now I always have to press for example the return button to hide the OSD.

Thanks for your help!
@Jacko797 , I also don't think it is possible.  @edjalmo 's suggestion is how I do it as well.  Have you used any skin that auto-hides the OSD when continuing after pause? If so, please let me know so I can look at how this can be done.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-24, 15:47)edjalmo Wrote: I don't know if is possible.
Alternatively (is what I do) is just click in pause button. This way it only show the progress bar (on top) and when press play it hides automatically.

Unfortunately my remote does not support a pause key Sad
(2019-07-28, 18:26)Jacko797 Wrote:

Can you map a key to send P? It would be the same as a Play/Pause key.
(2019-07-28, 20:49)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-28, 18:26)Jacko797 Wrote:

No, not with my Samsung Remote Sad
(2019-07-29, 08:11)Jacko797 Wrote:
(2019-07-28, 20:49)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-28, 18:26)Jacko797 Wrote: Unfortunately my remote does not support a pause key Sad  

You can re-map any remote control key with this add-on: Keymap Editor
But if your remote control is like this

You can press the play/pause button and after the ok button for pause (my remote is this and I use this way).
(2019-07-29, 17:45)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-29, 08:11)Jacko797 Wrote:
(2019-07-28, 20:49)bsoriano Wrote: Can you map a key to send P? It would be the same as a Play/Pause key.  

You can re-map any remote control key with this add-on: Keymap Editor
But if your remote control is like this

You can press the play/pause button and after the ok button for pause (my remote is this and I use this way). 

Perfect, that did the trick! Now I can pause and unpause without the OSD. Thank you very much!
Hey @Jacko797 today I discovered a new way to use Kodi with this remote control. I think you will liked.
Install the Keymap Editor by Kodi repository. The add-on is really simple to use. You choose what Kodi function you want to change and press the button the you want for this function.
Open Keymap Editor and go to Edit > Fullscreen Video > Playback
Change the Play/Pause to button ok of tv remote control;
Change the Stop to button return of remote control;
Change the Show OSD to button play/pause + ok (that I said in post before).
Back to Keymap Editor main page and save.
Got it?

If you wanna show the OSD while pause and hide it automatically when press play (like your first request) go to Amber Settings > General > and enable Show Video Info on Pause (this OSD is also new to me, I didn't know that exist).

Hope this helps! Smile
(2019-08-10, 02:54)edjalmo Wrote: Change the Show OSD to button play/pause + ok (that I said in post before).I
I don't understand this. That's assigning one function to two simultaneous keypresses or what? It doesn't work. Thanks.
(2021-08-27, 09:44)stooovie Wrote:
(2019-08-10, 02:54)edjalmo Wrote: Change the Show OSD to button play/pause + ok (that I said in post before).I
I don't understand this. That's assigning one function to two simultaneous keypresses or what? It doesn't work. Thanks.
@stooovie , given that you are replying to a very old thread, could you please let me know what exactly are you trying to do, that, in your understanding, Amber does not do? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-27, 20:57)bsoriano Wrote:
@stooovie , given that you are replying to a very old thread, could you please let me know what exactly are you trying to do, that, in your understanding, Amber does not do? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

oh, I'm sorry, I was looking for posts on how to remap Samsung Smart Remote buttons, I didn't notice this is an Amber subforum. My issue isn't with Amber, I don't use it. Sorry!

No no. Is because Amber have two control bars. One with just the status of duration of the current video (the top bar) and one with the play/pause, subtitles, audio options (the bottom bar). By default when you press "ok" button in a samsung tv remote (with new remote) it will show the bottom bar and then you can pause de video. If you do what I suggested when you press the "ok" button it will only show the top bar instead and pause the video at same time, what I preffer becuase is a top bar and it doesn't stay above the subtitles.
Unfortunately you can't map 2 click in a button. What I use today is just the back button to stop the video, very useful.
@edjalmo , @stooovie , @Jacko797 , I am not sure if you are aware that Amber has a setting for automatically closing the OSD.  You can find the setting here:

And you can set the delay (in seconds) before the OSD is closed.  Amber supports two methods for auto closing the OSD: One without addons (the default), and a mouse-friendly one that requires script.skin.info.service 1.0.8 or higher to be installed and enabled in your system.

The auto closing of the OSD works whenever the OSD is shown, including when you continue a video after pausing.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hi, I was looking for posts on how to remap Samsung Smart Remote buttons, I didn't notice this is an Amber subforum. My issue isn't with Amber, I don't use it. I use the default Estuary skin as its much smoother on Rpi4. Sorry!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
auto hide OSD when continue a video after pause0