Solved Final tweaking needed to build popcornmix's Leia_pi4 fork
In order to provide @popcornmix 's leia_pi4 fork for Arch ARM, I need to make two modifications.  Arch ARM builds packages in a clean-chroot (a buildroot) that is a subdirectory/fakeroot containing all dependencies for the build.

Not doing both steps causes build failures:
1) Manually copy /opt/vc/lib/pkgconfig/{bcm_host.pc,mmal.pc,vcsm.pc} to $srcdir/pkgconfig/ and prefix my cmake command with: export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$srcdir/pkgconfig

2) Manually rename or delete the following directories in buildroot (provided by the raspberrypi-firmware package): /opt/vc/include/{EGL,GLES,GLES2}

I can do step 1 in the PKGBUILD no problem, but I cannot do step 2 since those directories are not under the control of the buildroot user (ie they are root:root).  Step 2 is needed to avoid this build error.

My strategy to circumvent is to simply copy the contents of /buildroot/opt/vc to the build space and then modify that copy, deleting the offending directories.  For that to work, I need to redirect cmake to use it rather than the native location.

Native location (all owned by root:root): /buildroot/opt/vc
Needed location (all owned by myuser:mygroup): $srcdir/opt

Is there a variable or variables I can export or CMAKE switches I can use that would allow me to redefine so the build will uses the new location?

My best guess at a workaround is to define each of the VARS the code wants like this:
Code:
# untar firmware package to $srcdir/opt
# now delete the 3 offending dirs thus leaving everything else intact
# but kodi build expects everything to be in /opt and it is now in $srcdir/opt
rm -rf $srcdir/opt/vc/include/{EGL,GLES,GLES2}

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
-DMMAL_INCLUDE_DIR="$srcdir/opt/vc/include" \
-DMMAL_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/lib" \
-DMMALCORE_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/lib" \
-DMMALUTIL_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/lib" \
-DMMALCLIENT_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/lib" \
-DMMALCOMPONENT_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/lib" \
-DVCSM_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/interface/vcsm" \
-DBCM_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/lib" \
-DCONTAINER_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/lib" \
-DVCHIQ_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/interface/vchiq_arm" \
-DVCOS_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos" \
-DVCHOSTIF_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host" \
-DVCILCS_LIBRARY="$srcdir/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host" \

The build gets going but dies here:
Code:
CC libavcodec/roqvideodec.o
CC libavcodec/roqvideoenc.o
CC libavcodec/rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o
src/libavcodec/rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:28:10: fatal error: interface/vcsm/user-vcsm.h: No such file or directory
#include <interface/vcsm/user-vcsm.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
src/libavcodec/rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:28:10: fatal error: interface/vcsm/user-vcsm.h: No such file or directory
#include <interface/vcsm/user-vcsm.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[6]: *** [/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/build/ffmpeg/src/ffmpeg/ffbuild/common.mak:60: libavcodec/rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o] Error 1
make[6]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[5]: *** [CMakeFiles/ffmpeg.dir/build.make:112: ffmpeg-prefix/src/ffmpeg-stamp/ffmpeg-build] Error 2
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:76: CMakeFiles/ffmpeg.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/ffmpeg.dir/build.make:114: build/ffmpeg/src/ffmpeg-stamp/ffmpeg-build] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1308: CMakeFiles/ffmpeg.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error 2

Some of the VARS I defined there are dropped it seems:
Code:
-- Configuring done
WARNING: Target "kodi-test" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vchiq_arm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi-test" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi-test" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcsm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi-test" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi-test" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi-test" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vchiq_arm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi-test" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi-test" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcsm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vchiq_arm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcsm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vchiq_arm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "kodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcsm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "libkodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vchiq_arm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "libkodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "libkodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcsm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "libkodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "libkodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "libkodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vchiq_arm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "libkodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
WARNING: Target "libkodi" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/include/interface/vcsm". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
-- Generating done

I'm not sure how to proceed. Link to entire build log. Your insights are welcomed and thank you again for all the time you have put into this.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
-D*_LIBRARY stuff should refer to the DSO itself, eg /path/to/libwhatever.so.1.2 not the directory.
I'm not sure if include dirs are passed from cmake to ffmpeg in-tree build Makefile/Cmakelist.txt (eg -DMMAL_INCLUDE_DIR), I guess they are not.
@asavah

About the -D*_LIBRARY stuff, when I read cmake/modules/FindMMAL.cmake and then look for the corresponding files:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for i in mmal.h libmmal libmmal_core libmmal_util libmmal_vc_client libmmal_components libbcm_host libvchiq_arm libvchostif libvcilcs libvcos libvcsm libcontainers; do
  echo
  echo   looking for $i
  find /opt -type f | grep $i
done

I get:
Code:
looking for mmal.h
/opt/vc/include/interface/mmal/mmal.h

looking for libmmal
/opt/vc/lib/libmmal_vc_client.so
/opt/vc/lib/libmmal_util.so
/opt/vc/lib/libmmal.so
/opt/vc/lib/libmmal_core.so
/opt/vc/lib/libmmal_components.so

looking for libmmal_core
/opt/vc/lib/libmmal_core.so

looking for libmmal_util
/opt/vc/lib/libmmal_util.so

looking for libmmal_vc_client
/opt/vc/lib/libmmal_vc_client.so

looking for libmmal_components
/opt/vc/lib/libmmal_components.so

looking for libbcm_host
/opt/vc/lib/libbcm_host.so

looking for libvchiq_arm
/opt/vc/lib/libvchiq_arm.so

looking for libvchostif
/opt/vc/lib/libvchostif.a

looking for libvcilcs
/opt/vc/lib/libvcilcs.a

looking for libvcos
/opt/vc/lib/libvcos.so

looking for libvcsm
/opt/vc/lib/libvcsm.so

looking for libcontainers
/opt/vc/lib/libcontainers.so

So it seems that the following are not *.so files:
mmal.h (corresponding to MMAL_INCLUDE_DIR)
libvchostif.a (corresponding to VCHOSTIF_LIBRARY)
libvcilcs.a (corresponding to VCILCS_LIBRARY)

All others are under /opt/vc/lib so I modified the cmake line as so:
Code:
_rootopt="$srcdir/opt/vc"
  _libdir="$_rootopt/lib"

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
    -DMMAL_INCLUDE_DIR="$_rootopt/include" \
    -DMMAL_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DMMALCORE_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DMMALUTIL_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DMMALCLIENT_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DMMALCOMPONENT_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DBCM_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DVCHOSTIF_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DVCOS_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DVCHIQ_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DVCSM_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DCONTAINER_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \
    -DVCILCS_LIBRARY="$_libdir" \

This still causes build errors/dropped items (since they are not libraries).  Is the solution to modify tools/depends/target/ffmpeg/CMakeLists.txt hardcoding the expected paths therein?
Yep, I was not 100% correct here when I said DSO, I should have said just "library", in case of static libraries ofcourse those will be *.a files.

> Is the solution to modify tools/depends/target/ffmpeg/CMakeLists.txt hardcoding the expected paths therein

https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/blob/...ts.txt#L22 the paths there are already hardcoded, make that line matches your actual paths.
(2019-07-25, 22:42)asavah Wrote: Yep, I was not 100% correct here when I said DSO, I should have said just "library", in case of static libraries ofcourse those will be *.a files.

Nice, progress! The build made it MUCH further now that I added this patch.

The build still fails, this time in the linking step it looks like ...complete build log.

Small piece:
Code:
[100%] Linking CXX static library network_upnp.a
[100%] Built target legacy_interface
[100%] Built target network_upnp
Scanning dependencies of target libkodi
[100%] Linking CXX static library libkodi.a
[100%] Built target libkodi
Scanning dependencies of target kodi
[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/kodi.dir/xbmc/platform/posix/main.cpp.o
[100%] Linking CXX executable kodi-gbm
/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/build/lib/libavcodec.a(rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o):rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:function rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg_init: error: undefined reference to 'bcm_host_init'
/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/build/lib/libavcodec.a(rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o):rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:function rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg_init: error: undefined reference to 'vcsm_init'
/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/build/lib/libavcodec.a(rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o):rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:function rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg_init: error: undefined reference to 'vcsm_malloc_cache'
/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/build/lib/libavcodec.a(rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o):rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:function rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg_init: error: undefined reference to 'vcsm_vc_hdl_from_hdl'
/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/build/lib/libavcodec.a(rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o):rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:function rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg_init: error: undefined reference to 'vcsm_lock'
/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/build/lib/libavcodec.a(rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o):rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:function rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg_free: error: undefined reference to 'vcsm_unlock_ptr'
/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/build/lib/libavcodec.a(rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o):rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:function rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg_free: error: undefined reference to 'vcsm_free'
/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/build/lib/libavcodec.a(rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o):rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:function rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg_free: error: undefined reference to 'vcsm_exit'
/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/build/lib/libavcodec.a(rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.o):rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg.c:function rpi_ctrl_ffmpeg_free: error: undefined reference to 'bcm_host_deinit'
Totally expected.

Try adding 
string(CONCAT CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS ${CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS} " -L/path/to/dir/where/your/firmware/libs/are")

Just above this line https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/blob/...ts.txt#L34
@asavah - Thanks for that.  I added that line (see this patch inspired by your advice) but still got errors on Linking CXX ...

Full build log appears the same.  Linked here.
You still have a truckload of
Quote:WARNING: Target "kodi-test" requests linking to directory "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/opt/vc/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.
Final binary won't link until this is solved.
You've made quite a mess there with that /build/blah prefix, the buildsystem does not expect this path to rpi specific stuff.
@asavah - Yes, I see them.  If I remove the extra lines, cmake fails early I think due to cmake/modules/FindMMAL.cmake

For example, here is the output from cmake when I remove just one of those lines (in this case the -DVCILCS_LIBRARY="/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/opt/vc/lib"):
Code:
-- Found EGL: /usr/lib/libEGL.so (found version "19.1.3") 
-- Found GBM: /usr/lib/libgbm.so (found version "19.1.3") 
-- Performing Test GBM_HAS_BO_MAP
-- Performing Test GBM_HAS_BO_MAP - Success
-- Performing Test GBM_HAS_MODIFIERS
-- Performing Test GBM_HAS_MODIFIERS - Success
-- Found LibDRM: /usr/lib/libdrm.so (found version "2.4.99") 
-- Found LibInput: /usr/lib/libinput.so (found version "1.13.4") 
-- Found Xkbcommon: /usr/lib/libxkbcommon.so (found version "0.8.4") 
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.15/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:137 (message):
  Could NOT find MMAL (missing: VCILCS_LIBRARY)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.15/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:378 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/modules/FindMMAL.cmake:29 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  cmake/scripts/common/Macros.cmake:366 (find_package)
  cmake/scripts/common/Macros.cmake:380 (find_package_with_ver)
  CMakeLists.txt:172 (core_require_dep)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

If those lines are indeed the problem, is there a way we can modify that file to simply not look for them and to pass the needed paths on via hard coding them into it?  I am just not knowledgeable with this cmake file to know how to do that or if it is a sound strategy.

EDIT: I make this patch which I think defines these without having cmake do it but that did not help.  Still got the "Targets may link only to libraries" messages and linking errors.  Build log.  I am not sure how to proceed.
As I've already said *_LIBRARY= are files or symlinks to files and not directories, either .so or .a.
-DVCILCS_LIBRARY="/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/opt/vc/lib" is wrong
It should be
-DVCILCS_LIBRARY="/build/kodi-rbp4/src/kodi-build/opt/vc/lib/libvcilcs.a"
and so on.
@asavah - AH!  I understand now.  Thank you very much for your help.  I believe this is 100%.

https://github.com/graysky2/PKGBUILDs/bl...4/PKGBUILD
(2019-07-27, 04:10)graysky Wrote: I believe this is 100%.

Yay!  Cool
(2019-07-27, 04:10)graysky Wrote: @asavah - AH!  I understand now.  Thank you very much for your help.  I believe this is 100%.

https://github.com/graysky2/PKGBUILDs/bl...4/PKGBUILD

Thanks for all the work on this guys! Smile
Agreed, this and the other 2 threads I started on this topic represent a strong team effort with lots of credit going to both @popcornmix and @asavah.  The product of this work is a kodi-rbp4 package with hardware decoding available for Arch ARM.  I submitted PR#1720 earlier today which if accepted will add it to the official repos.

Thanks again, guys!
Nice job. Can you check https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/3111 as that may require updated udev rules once the change appears in arch kernel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Final tweaking needed to build popcornmix's Leia_pi4 fork0