Pi Problem
Hi All,

for quite a few years now I have been using the original Raspberry Pi (at least I think that it is) and I have only one complaint. Firstly I should add that I have no problems using KODI with it and being that I have a 4TB external HDD plugged directly into it which is wired to my PC which is over 50' away in another room so that I can upload to the library with ease and of course the Pi is wired with HDMI to my AV receiver and then to the TV. Works great.

Now to the problem which is fast forward and rewind. It's horrible and I'm sure that this problem must have been addressed in later versions of the Pi but I cannot find out what has been done if anything. I really need to be able to stop, pause, rewind or fast forward with the same ease that my Directv DVR does because I have a wife and she wont stop talking lol. Also, should I hit the wrong button on the remote and stop the video/movie that is playing it will take a lifetime to get the movie back to where It was.

So basically if there is a newer version or an update I would love someone to let me know where to find it. I would also change from the Pi if there's a better box out there.

Thanks for reading and any help offered.

Regards,
Doug.
Current distro? Current Kodi version?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse,

I'm sorry but I don't know what the 'distro" is however the Build is ODROID C1+ running Kodi 16.1 Git:c1c4b9e.
I hope that this helps but as stated Kodi seams to be ok its the box that has issues. I could be wrong of course.

Regards,
Doug.
(2019-07-26, 20:25)Doorpro Wrote: ODROID C1+ running Kodi 16.1 Git:c1c4b9e.

An Odroid build working on a Raspberry Pi would be a first as far as I know, as those are totally different hardware devices.

You can try the latest LibreELEC stable version 9.0.2, although I'd recommend a new sd card as well. Wear and tear can still be a thing with the prehistoric RPi.

The original Raspberry Pi is also not the fastest computer on this planet, so yes, there is something better available, depending on your "use case" aka wishes.
Klojum,

I just want to run my 1700+ HD movies with better control with the remote. Do you have any suggestions for a small computer or box that would get me up and running with the latest KODI so that I could simply plug my HDD into it and have a faster, more controllable experience.

Regards,
Doug.
As far as the Raspberry Pi goes, there is a small dilemma at the moment.

The previous 3B+ is rock-steady with LibreELEC and fast enough for most people, but it can do only upto 1080p video (which is fine taking your current RPi 1B device and movie collection in consideration)
The new Rpi 4B just came out, has quite a performance upgrade (e.g. can do 4K), but is still buggy at the moment (and also hard to get via shops as it is popular). Kodi software development takes time to iron out all glitches.

All RPi have CEC support (which should already work with your current RPi 1B), most other Android boxes have that too built-in.
An alternative would be a Flirc USB dongle to capture your remote's IR signal, but that device is optional.

As far as choosing "the right" box goes, there is big document to chew on here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
Hello again all,

I was basically looking for a better system to run my 4TB Movie HDD through and it looks like the best out there is the NVIDEA Shield TV so I'll be getting one of those very soon.

regards and thanks,
Doug.
Does anyone here have an opinion on a good box to buy to use as a media center for an external HDD with movies.
(2019-08-14, 20:12)Doorpro Wrote: Does anyone here have an opinion on a good box
What happened to the Nvidia Shield you were going to get 11 days ago?
I am going to buy that if no-one has anything better.

I have no idea and the price isn't an issue I would just like to know other peoples opinion and no-one has said a word on what they think is a good option.

As far as the Shield goes I only see one thing that I don't like and that is the remote which if you read back to my first post is my main concern and with the Shield remote is looks like people don't like it.

I have found a few after market remotes which will work but would still like to hear from others because I cant be the only one looking for a good media platform for movies and not streaming.

So, klojum instead of asking why I haven't bought anything yet do you perhaps have a useful opinion on what I should be looking at to purchase?

regards,
Doug.
There is a new Nvidia Shield (2019?) planned, but unsure when it will be released and in the shops. So I don't know if you want to what for that. The Shield is some 200 bucks, and more if you want the controller as well.
(2019-08-14, 22:03)Klojum Wrote: There is a new Nvidia Shield (2019?) planned, but unsure when it will be released and in the shops. So I don't know if you want to what for that. The Shield is some 200 bucks, and more if you want the controller as well.
Thank you again and I am aware of the cost and I wouldn't need the controller. Best Buy have them on sale for $179.00 

I'm really looking for input on any ones thoughts of this player or any others that I may like and I would spend twice that to get a player that someone suggests may work for me and the remote does what a remote should do unlike the one I have now with the Pi.

Like stated in my first post to this thread the old pi works great, is fast and the video is great but with the remote I cant stop, rewind or fast forward with any precision 

Regards,
Doug.
I'm sorry to be a bother klojum but the site below lists the "The Dolamee X2" first place above the Shield and the remote looks normal with all the buttons that will make life easier than the shield control with three of four buttons...

*URL removed by moderator*
Showing a URL from a website on that promotes add-ons and wizards that facilitate video piracy is not the smartest thing to use on this forum.

And also, the Dolamee X2 may be first on 1st place on your list, in some other listing it comes in at #8... So it's like just personal preference. If you think you are happier with a different remote, then go for that one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pi Problem0