Win How can you run a command on Kodi exit?
Hi all.

What I'm trying to accomplish here is to have a HTPC appliance-like operation on my Win10 PC, but only for one specific user.

I have a special Kodi user created, and UWP-variant Kodi installed. I have it set up so that Kodi starts automatically when that user signs in, but I would also like to have that user sign out as soon as Kodi exits. Other users I would like to keep as normal, as sometimes the machine is used as a Steam box by other people.

I have done a lot of searching, and there is a lot of helpful advice on getting it to work appliance-like for a single-user setup. But that is not what I am looking for.

Any ideas?
(2019-07-28, 04:42)cykotek Wrote: Hi all.

What I'm trying to accomplish here is to have a HTPC appliance-like operation on my Win10 PC, but only for one specific user.

I have a special Kodi user created, and UWP-variant Kodi installed. I have it set up so that Kodi starts automatically when that user signs in, but I would also like to have that user sign out as soon as Kodi exits. Other users I would like to keep as normal, as sometimes the machine is used as a Steam box by other people.

I have done a lot of searching, and there is a lot of helpful advice on getting it to work appliance-like for a single-user setup. But that is not what I am looking for.

Any ideas?

Take a look at this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2461204

It's for disabling the Windows screensaver on Kodi start, and re-enabling it on Kodi exit. It might be possible to adapt this to perform a logout of your Kodi user, either by batch script, or by some built-in Windows command to achieve what your looking for. Be aware of the fact that ongoing Windows build updates seem to disable these scheduled tasks when the OS build is updated, at least that's what happened for me on the update to the Windows "Creator's Update" build, with nothing obvious showing it as such, except for the fact the tasks simply stopped executing. Had to edit/redo them to restore functionality. YMMV.

Dan / Gib.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can you run a command on Kodi exit?0