Solved Kodi closes - (KODI 18.3 - Windows 10 - HEVC/X265)
Hello,

I need a little help, I use KODI 18.3 installed on Windows.

I recovered a file in "1080p.10bit.x265" but when I want to read it on KODI, it crashes and closes completely.

On the other hand, if I launch this same file with VLC, VLC reads it without problem, the reading is fluid and I can advance in the file without worry.

So this is not a hardware problem, can you tell me if there is a way to run this file from KODI? Maybe a codec or other not supported by KODI?

Here is a little more information about the file in question:
Video: HEVC, 1920x816, 23.976 fps, 1136 kb / s, English
Audio # 1: E-AC-3, 640 kb / s CBR, 48.0 kHz, 6 ch, English
Audio # 2: E-AC-3, 640 kb / s CBR, 48.0 kHz, 6 ch, French

Thank you in advance.

PS: sorry for my english, it's a Google translation from french ^^
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Re,

Here is the LOG file : hifoqifate.kodi (paste)

Small indication, apparently when I run the file from the beginning, no problem it starts well, but if I run the file by taking again or I stopped or if I advance the file, this is the KODI closes.

By cons, if I do the same manipulation from VLC, I have no problem, it is fluid and I can advance in the file without problem of cache or crash.

PS : Always sorry for my English via Google Trad ^^
My processor is an Intel ® Core ™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHZ equipped with an Intel ® HD Graphics 530
I'll move your post to the Windows forum. Might get a few more people looking at it.

Is this the only file that crashes Kodi, or is it with every video file?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you !

For the whole series of files of this style, I have the problem but only when I make a fast forward or when I resume a reading in progress.

Thing I do not have when I'm on the same pc but on a different player (VLC)
The log does not give more information about the problem?
(2019-07-28, 19:55)mathsensey Wrote: I launch this same file with VLC, VLC reads it without problem
Apples & Oranges, use VLC as an external player 'option' External players (wiki) I often use some less discerning player to handle corrupt or compromised video archives. The Kodi player is a bit fussy will handle some anomalies but is not well tolerant with the multitude of h265 encodes and the different ways  it's handled in either software or hardware. Suggestion: re-encode the target with something like handbrake, if it will not re-encode, then it's likely the file format is compromised. Log shows typical normal behavior.
Anytime you have a problem like this, such as with HEVC codec, try to use Kodi settings / player / video and change render method to software and see if it makes a difference.  Note that you must have your settings level set to "advanced" or "expert" to change the render setting.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I changed my pc, I went from an Intel 530 graphics card to 630 (7th generation Intel processor) and I no longer have the problem.

My old processor was a 6th generation processor and it was not made for X265 10BIT while the 7th generation manages it much better

Thanks for your help.
Thanks for getting back to us with that solve, hopefully it may help someone else with this issue.

Thread marked solved.
Glad to hear that its solved now Smile
(2019-07-29, 18:44)mathsensey Wrote: Re,

Here is the LOG file :hifoqifate.kodi (paste)

Small indication, apparently when I run the file from the beginning, no problem it starts well, but if I run the file by taking again or I stopped or if I advance the file, this is the KODI closes.

By cons, if I do the same manipulation from VLC, I have no problem, it is fluid and I can advance in the file without problem of cache or crash.

PS : Always sorry for my English via Google Trad ^^
(2019-11-11, 16:58)techowned5 Wrote: Glad to hear that its solved now

As your first post on this forum, you chose to quote a post from July this year, 4 months ago, and put in a useless reply to go along with it.

Why?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi closes - (KODI 18.3 - Windows 10 - HEVC/X265)0