duplicates in music library
Thank you @DaveBlake  Very very much for taking the time to look at may data. I was thinking i was going nuts.
  • I do understand exactly what @black_eagle is saying and to some extent i accept the point you make about the multiple different albums in which MB will allocate my music in most cased. I could accept this, but when, such as the case for the beach boys god only knows, MB insisted in putting that song in a different album instead of leaving it in Pet sounds. In this case I would move (drag and drop) the song form the suggested falbum to pet sound for completions sake and in most cases this works.
  • I did several times the deletion of Mymusic72 and rebuild the library (this is when I get the 3844 records in the songs view. at this point I have no duplicates. I get 4226  when I do an another library update immediately after I realise that i have 3884 just for the sake of it. I will look at each of the offending artists and run them through MB again. 
  • The V:\ is a dedicated share for my music on my NAS. All my Pcs will eventually point to the music share.  I never tried to move the file to an other share in this last phase. I will try this. This will give me something to do today
  • The ace of base was a tagging issue caused by me that has been fixed. I found this out by reviewing all my files
  • The playlist is the folder containing all my playlist which is now all garbage and need to be rebuilt. I put it there because i share the same playlist with other computers in the house. I have in advance settings change the location where Kodi loads the playlists. I will however move the playlist on a seperate share from the music and modify advance sharing. May I suggest that this point be included in the advance setting section of the Kodi document. 
  • The 2 Jazz MP3 are downloaded from youtube (I too use then to relax). They are not tagged. my plan with them is to use audacity and split the songs in different artists. This is not high on my priority list. If you want I can PM you with these files.
Thank you for you patience, suggestions and for putting up with this pedant individual. It is greatly appreciate.
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up

Messages In This Thread
duplicates in music library - by BikerDude - 2019-07-29, 21:31
RE: duplicates in music library - by Karellen - 2019-07-30, 22:26
RE: duplicates in music library - by Karellen - 2019-07-31, 10:18
RE: duplicates in music library - by Karellen - 2019-08-07, 23:32
RE: duplicates in music library - by Karellen - 2019-08-13, 22:13
RE: duplicates in music library - by Karellen - 2019-09-15, 01:26
RE: duplicates in music library - by helta - 2019-09-15, 03:28
RE: duplicates in music library - by Karellen - 2019-09-17, 11:32
RE: duplicates in music library - by helta - 2019-09-20, 14:47
duplicates in music library - by HeresJohnny - 2019-09-20, 14:52
RE: duplicates in music library - by Karellen - 2019-09-21, 09:34