Kodi Backup Addon - Testers Wanted
For a while I've been working on updates to the Kodi Backup addon that has some significant improvements in file handling. I've gotten to a point where all the core functionality from the current addon is working and it seems pretty stable. Looking to see if a few brave people would want to test out the new addon to find any issues I may have missed in my own testing. 

I wrote up some information on the Wiki page for the addon, along with a link to download a zip file from the current testing branch. Disregard the "krypton" naming, I started working on this before Leia was out. Leia will be the target branch. Please provide any feedback on this thread - thanks!
Not sure anyone bit at this for testing but just in case please be aware I've issued a new Beta version (beta2). The download is in the same location. 

This version adds functionality to the Advanced Editor. You can now add both include/exclude directories from your backup set. Beta 1 only allowed for exclusions. This allows for some advanced file selection. See the Advanced Editor area of the Beta Instructions for more information. There is also more comprehensive error checking added to the editor, things like making sure set names aren't duplicated. You can now also launch the Advanced Editor from the main addon screen (just launch the addon) without going through the settings.
Added a Beta 3. This should be the final round of commits to get this out of Beta. I fixed a few small details I found during testing and also exposed more functionality within the Advanced Editor. Individual folders can "toggle" if sub folders should be included. Essentially this controls if you should only backup files within a folder (sub folders = False) or all files and sub folders recursively (sub folders = True). This makes the Advanced Editor fully functional with what the Simple file selector always did. Major operations include:
  • Including specific folders
  • Including only files within those folders
  • Including all files and sub folders recursively within those folders
  • Excluding specific folder branches

This should create the maximum amount of flexibility in choosing what you want included in individual backup sets.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Backup Addon - Testers Wanted0