• 41(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
Hi @jurialmunkey is there a duration label I can use for TV Shows? Not sure if you can get that info from an API or not Huh

Thanks Blush
(2020-06-27, 20:10)daking1512 Wrote: @jurialmunkey Im having a problem with the way TMDB helper caches title information, This happens with Movies and TV Shows, the first time a list loads it only loads the description and like/dislike rate, I'll have to use the context menu to refresh the title information, only then all the info will show up

it starts like this
https://imgur.com/3WtzdK6

and after refreshing the info from the context menu the other parts of will appear (MPAA rating, movie length, other info)
https://imgur.com/Oa8jrLp

Is it possible to make the addon load all the info at first without having to refresh the items one by one?

The details lookup requires a separate API request for EACH item in the list, whereas the base list only requires one request. For performance reasons the extra details are only added if they've already been cached - imagine how much longer it would take the list to load if it needed to do 20 requests rather than only 1 just for the base list.

When you refresh the cache for the item, you are essentially telling the plugin to retrieve the detailed item - hence why the list now shows extra details.

To get around this limitation, the plugin also provides a service monitor which does the details lookup for the focused item in real time. However, it is up to the skin to implement support for the service monitor.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-07-04, 20:06)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey is there a duration label I can use for TV Shows? Not sure if you can get that info from an API or not Huh

Thanks Blush

Do you mean as in a episode runtime label? Or do you mean the total duration of all the episodes?

The API provides an episode_run_time field which I could add to the plugin and service monitor. I don't think a total duration is going to be possible though.
@mikeSiLVO - Okay episode duration at tvshow/seasons level should be added in latest github version (v3.1.7)

If the details have been cached, it will be available as $INFO[ListItem.Duration] infolabel

It will also be available as duration service monitor property:
  • $INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Duration)] = Total Minutes (e.g. 150 for 2hr30m)
  • $INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Duration_H)] = Hours (e.g. 2 for 2hr30m)
  • $INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Duration_M)] = Minutes (e.g. 30 for 2hr30m)
  • $INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Duration_HHMM)] = Pre-Krypton Style (e.g. 02:30 for 2hr30m)
@jurialmunkey ,

When I try to navigate to a "destination" within the plugin, I get an error message. Here is a specific example:

TV Shows > Airing Today > https://paste.kodi.tv/uvoredasow.kodi (error log).

Any thoughts? I am running the repo version in v19 on Windows, using the 7/4 nightly.

Thanks,
Shoppedude
@jurialmunkey 

Hi mate,

For the 'next_aired/last_aired' property the formating is YYYY-MM-DD. 

If there any way to change this? I would like to display something like, 'Fri, 19 Oct 2018'

Cheers
Mr. V
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-07-07, 21:05)shoppedude Wrote: @jurialmunkey ,

When I try to navigate to a "destination" within the plugin, I get an error message. Here is a specific example:

TV Shows > Airing Today > https://paste.kodi.tv/uvoredasow.kodi (error log).

Any thoughts? I am running the repo version in v19 on Windows, using the 7/4 nightly.

Thanks,
Shoppedude

Does it happen with the latest version from github?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...matrix.zip
(2020-07-14, 01:02)Mr. V Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Hi mate,

For the 'next_aired/last_aired' property the formating is YYYY-MM-DD. 

If there any way to change this? I would like to display something like, 'Fri, 19 Oct 2018'

Cheers
Mr. V

Not out of the box - but I do have an idea about how to achieve this. I'll keep you updated once it's implemented.
@Mr. V - Should now be able to use long date format for next aired as configured in user's regional Kodi settings
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Next_Aired.Long)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Last_Aired.Long)]

Also the standard strings will now use the short date format that is configured in the user's regional settings e.g. will use something like DD/MM/YYYY (or whatever user's shortdate format is) rather than just using YYYY-MM-DD

You can also get the specific day of the week (e.g. "Wednesday") by using
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Last_Aired.Day)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Next_Aired.Day)]

OR from the actual listitem itself:
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Next_Aired.Long)]
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Last_Aired.Long)]
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Next_Aired)]
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Last_Aired)]
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Next_Aired.Day)]
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Last_Aired.Day)]
(2020-07-18, 05:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Mr. V - Should now be able to use long date format for next aired as configured in user's regional Kodi settings
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Next_Aired.Long)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Last_Aired.Long)]

Also the standard strings will now use the short date format that is configured in the user's regional settings e.g. will use something like DD/MM/YYYY (or whatever user's shortdate format is) rather than just using YYYY-MM-DD

You can also get the specific day of the week (e.g. "Wednesday") by using
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Last_Aired.Day)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Next_Aired.Day)]

OR from the actual listitem itself:
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Next_Aired.Long)]
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Last_Aired.Long)]
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Next_Aired)]
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Last_Aired)]
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Next_Aired.Day)]
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Last_Aired.Day)]
@jurialmunkey

Thankyou for the update.
Working perfectly.

Cheers
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Hi @jurialmunkey 

I am having some issue with the next aired being updated. I am trying to replicate the behavour of tv show next aired addon, so when navigating to tv shows it triggeres an update of the next aired status.

My code in startup.xml;
Code:
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper)">Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service)</onunload>

The label;
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Next_Aired)]

I can see in the settings there is an option for 'Days to cache details' and assume this is why the info labels are not updating.

Any suggestions on how this could be coded?

Currently this is what i see for a show on air
The skin shows 7x7 08/07/2020. The latest episode is 7x9 on 22/07/2019 so it is behind.
watch gallery
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-07-24, 02:53)Mr. V Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey 

I am having some issue with the next aired being updated. I am trying to replicate the behavour of tv show next aired addon, so when navigating to tv shows it triggeres an update of the next aired status.

My code in startup.xml;
Code:
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper)">Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service)</onunload>

The label;
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Next_Aired)]

I can see in the settings there is an option for 'Days to cache details' and assume this is why the info labels are not updating.

Any suggestions on how this could be coded?

Currently this is what i see for a show on air
The skin shows 7x7 08/07/2020. The latest episode is 7x9 on 22/07/2019 so it is behind.
watch gallery

You're correct - it uses the long cache for details (which the 14 day cache expiry obviously causes issues for currently airing tvshows that will air more frequently than that!). I'm not sure why I've never noticed this problem or why I never thought about it before -- I guess I must only look at that info when I'm seeing when a tvshow will return for a new season, not whilst it is currently airing.

Can you test with latest version? The service monitor should now update next aired dates using a 24hr cache

NOTE: Only service monitor will use the up-to-date details (i.e. only the window props). The actual ListItem infolabel data will still use the longer cached details for performance reasons.
Hi @jurialmunkey

I am using Arctic Horizon with Plexconnect addon to sync to Kodi local library. When I use a widget from TMDB helper (i.e. trending TV Shows from Trakt.tv) it shows the poster on home page etc. However the indicator at the right upper corner on poster is not always showing the TV show is available in my local library, BUT when I enter this same TV show the indicator is available for the episodes. Is this a bug?

Additionally.. when I use the widget for Trending Movies from Trakt.tb it shows the indicators, however some movies are showing in both trending and popular widgets from tmdbhelper but the indicator for local library is available in trending movies widget but not in popular movies widget.

I do not have these issues when using emby Addon to sync to local library.

I have reset Kodi and synced and did fresh install but still persists. Sometimes the indicator is showing after I enter the information page.

Can you support on this please?
Hi. Plugin error - immediately after Kodi starts

tuqigoxoyo.kodi (paste)

Thanks.
Hi, a few updates ago the script added 2 options to my context menu and I can't find a way to disable them.
I don't want my context menu to be full of stuff I don't use, so it would be very welcome if we could disable the context menu items if we don't use them.

Thanks.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2