• 5(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
Thanks for info.

So got bio and birthday info displaying for my cast great.

Want to add the age beside the birthday, how should i go about subtracting the birthdate in format 1984-04-10 from todays date.

Do i need to extract the year from the label and somehow subtract it from current year or whats best approach?

Many thanks
(2019-08-07, 04:06)the_bo Wrote: Thanks for info.

So got bio and birthday info displaying for my cast great.

Want to add the age beside the birthday, how should i go about subtracting the birthdate in format 1984-04-10 from todays date.

Do i need to extract the year from the label and somehow subtract it from current year or whats best approach?

Many thanks
Don't think you can do it in skin. It should be fairly trivial to add a property for age in the plugin though. I will add it later today when I'm back home.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-08-07, 04:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: Don't think you can do it in skin. It should be fairly trivial to add a property for age in the plugin though. I will add it later today when I'm back home. 
Thanks Smile
Awards - Are you scraping from omdb? The reason I ask is because I don't think omdb has updated awards recently. Is it possible to scrape from imdb?

can you also add scraping top250 for movies and tvshows?

thanks
@the_bo
added age: ListItem.Property(age)

@Edworld
No I just use TMDb and OMDb.
IMDb does not have a public API. Marcelveldt's metadatautils gets the top250 by pulling the imdb chart html and then parsing through the beautiful soup module to locate the html elements with the rankings. It's a pretty crude method of getting the data which isn't future proof - if the layout of html changes then the script needs to be updated.
Not really something that I'm keen on adding - I'd rather stick to publicly available APIs.
(2019-08-07, 11:17)jurialmunkey Wrote: @the_bo
added age: ListItem.Property(age)

@Edworld
No I just use TMDb and OMDb.
IMDb does not have a public API. Marcelveldt's metadatautils gets the top250 by pulling the imdb chart html and then parsing through the beautiful soup module to locate the html elements with the rankings. It's a pretty crude method of getting the data which isn't future proof - if the layout of html changes then the script needs to be updated.
Not really something that I'm keen on adding - I'd rather stick to publicly available APIs.

Thanks for taking the time to explain
(2019-08-05, 01:55)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-05, 00:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-05, 00:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: Should be fixed now. Can you test and confirm?

Also, in terms of info, you shouldn't need to add a new info dialog. You can just add a hidden list with the ?info=details plugin path to the info dialog, then you can use things like $INFO[Container(ID).ListItemAbsolute(0).Genre] in a variable to get the additional info.

There are a couple of ways to get the detailed info list:
By TMDb ID (though you are unlikely to have this for items in the library)
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&type=movie&tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]
By IMDb Number:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=find&type=movie&imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]
By Title:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&type=movie&query=$INFO[ListItem.Title]

Best match will be TMDb ID, next best is IMDb Number.
If you don't have either, then query by title and can add &year=$INFO[ListItem.Year]
Use a variable in the content path of the hidden list so that you can check for each of these and use the best one if available.

You could also potentially do this in the library to act as a skinhelper replacement - but I'm not sure this is advisable as quick scrolling in the library will make a lot of requests. I'm currently looking at ways to check the user state (if scrolling etc) and add some sort of minimal rate limiter - as it will then be possible to replace skinhelper with the details plugin path.
@jurialmunkey, thanks! As soon as I get home I will try it out. So for movies not in my library, I would also have another hidden list for the cast, so I can show it in the info dialog?

Regards,

Bart 
Do you want cast as a list or as a label?

I can add it as a label.

For a list there isn't anyway to override the default id=50 list in the info dialog, so you would need a separate list. 
@jurialmunkey , from what I saw in Git, did you add the cast to the detailed info for a video item? If that is the case, how would I reference it? If I have a hidden list in my video info dialog with id 5100, would each cast member be "Container(5100).ListItemAbsolute(0).Property(Cast.x.name)"? Please let me know, and thank you in advance!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-08, 00:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-05, 01:55)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-05, 00:56)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey, thanks! As soon as I get home I will try it out. So for movies not in my library, I would also have another hidden list for the cast, so I can show it in the info dialog?

Regards,

Bart 
Do you want cast as a list or as a label?

I can add it as a label.

For a list there isn't anyway to override the default id=50 list in the info dialog, so you would need a separate list. 
@jurialmunkey , from what I saw in Git, did you add the cast to the detailed info for a video item? If that is the case, how would I reference it? If I have a hidden list in my video info dialog with id 5100, would each cast member be "Container(5100).ListItemAbsolute(0).Property(Cast.x.name)"? Please let me know, and thank you in advance!

Regards,

Bart
That commit was for the browser so when pressing info on detailed item it would show cast in the id 50 list of the dialog.

However I just added what you were saying. Access via properties of first item
ListItemabsolute(0).Property(cast.1.name)

Also gives cast.1.role and cast.1.thumb
(2019-08-08, 01:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 00:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-05, 01:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: Do you want cast as a list or as a label?

I can add it as a label.

Regards,

Bart
That commit was for the browser so when pressing info on detailed item it would show cast in the id 50 list of the dialog.

However I just added what you were saying. Access via properties of first item
ListItemabsolute(0).Property(cast.1.name)

Also gives cast.1.role and cast.1.thumb

@jurialmunkey, awesome, thanks! Now I will be able to show the cast when I press i on a widget item from your plugin Smile

Regards,

Bart
Update
- If the detailed info of an item has been cached, the plugin will add this info to any list provided by the plugin that the item appears in.
- Add Crew.X.Name Crew.X.Job Crew.X.Department Crew.X.Thumb
Ok, this is really great news!

Thanks a lot, @jurialmunkey

I see a lot of creativity and endless possibilities in this. And hopefully it can fully replace extendedinfo in the future.

Can't wait to get started!
(2019-08-08, 13:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: Update
- If the detailed info of an item has been cached, the plugin will add this info to any list provided by the plugin that the item appears in.
@jurialmunkey, thanks! Would you consider adding Director as a single property/infolabel? That way it would be a lot easier to present this info in the video info dialog.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-09, 00:31)bsoriano Wrote:
@jurialmunkey, thanks! Would you consider adding Director as a single property/infolabel? That way it would be a lot easier to present this info in the video info dialog.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Added.
ListItem.Director - added to if crew member job is "director"
ListItem.Writer - added to if crew member department is "writing"
(2019-08-09, 01:13)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Added.

@jurialmunkey, thanks a lot! Smile
(2019-08-09, 01:13)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Added.

@jurialmunkey, thank you, I almost have everything for the video info dialog when pressing i from a widget from your plugin. If is not too much to ask, could you add the tmdb id for each cast member? That way I could call your plugin to search for the person by tmdb id as the onclick for each. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2