Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-08-11, 23:45)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-11, 17:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-10, 16:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: Have a look at latest version of AZ2 for how to integrate the plugin into a skin using the history management commands.
Specifically, look at how windows 1136/1137 link with the videoinfo dialog.

@jurialmunkey , thank you so much for providing a reference implementation! I took a look and I am not quite sure why window 1137 is required? Pardon me if this is obvious and I am just not skilled enough to understand it right away.

Regards,

Bart

It's to force window 1136 to reload when changing the plugin path.

If you activatewindow(1136) from 1136, Kodi doesn't reload the window as you're already there. As a result, you don't get any windowclose/open animations. Also, what happens is the videoinfo dialog closes, the plugin path in hidden list id="9999" changes, but DialogVideoInfo never reopens because 9999 doesn't get focus (I think it is because it already had focus before DialogVideoInfo was triggered).

If you look at id="9999" in 1136, you will see a trick I do where I wait from the plugin path to load before calling the info dialog. Basically when the list is focused, the condition checks if it's finished updating and has an item - if yes it does Action(Info) and opens DialogVideoInfo, if no it sets a 1 second alarmclock to set focus back on the list and retrigger the checks. It keeps repeating this loop until the item loads and the info dialog opens (it also has an additional check for if the plugin path is for a person and sets focus to the "fake" info dialog which is the code below the list).

To get the above trick to trigger, you need to setfocus(9999). However, you can't do it from inside DialogVideoInfo as Kodi thinks you want to focus a control in the dialog. You can set a delay with an alarmclock, but you have to hope that the delay correctly syncs with your DialogVideoInfo closing animation - most of the time it is fine, but occasionally you get a delay with Kodi closing a window and then the setfocus won't work correctly.

Instead what I do is activatewindow(1137) and then once that window loads, I immediately do a replacewindow(1136) [replacewindow means that the current window is not added to the window history]. This way I can completely clear window 1136 and then reload it with the new item - it makes it act like I'm opening it for the first time every time and so the plugin path is empty and focus gets set to 9999 correctly. It also ensures that I get nice dialog opening and closing animations.

@jurialmunkey, thank you so much! This is truly advanced skinning! Are you OK with me adapting your code for Amber? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by bsoriano - 2019-08-12, 01:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2