• 50(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
I've set up some widgets with tmdb helper, to see my trakt watchlist. When I press on a movie/show in widget there are only 2 options: 1) tmdb helper context menu (but it doesnt work at all, I dont get any errors and I see the context menu, but literally nothing happens when clicking on the various options)
2) play with tmdb, wich gives me a default player or a list of available players (imdb trailers, youtube search, youtube play, upnp play) but this is also not good, as it takes a long time to fetch the video and often its not a trailer but a review or something else

My favourite option would be to bypass tmdb context menu and get the usual skin context menu (wich at the moment can be opened by longpress) but I'd also be ok with directly opening the info page for that movie/show.

Anyone knows a way to do this? (Im on kodi 19 and skin arctic zephyr reloaded)
This isn't strictly a TMDBH question but it seems logical to start here anyway.

If using TMDBH Library Integration, is it then possible to construct a Playlist (or View?) that mimics TMDBH > Trakt > Your In Progress TV Shows?

ie: Unwatched Episodes that are Grouped by TV Show Title and Sorted by the Most Recently Aired Episode

I can't seem to replicate that using a Kodi Smart Playlist.

Does this maybe require the Skin to provide a special custom View instead? Or?

Thoughts please? Huh

The aim of this is to have my Trakt In Progress TV Shows, but via the Kodi Library, to speed up loading.

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Jurialmunkey:

Possible formatting issue: Trakt votes, they show up as a number with one decimal point and no comma.
Jurialmunkey:

Would you consider adding tvshows imdb top250?

https://trakt.tv/users/justin/lists/imdb...t=rank,asc

Thanks
(2020-04-26, 02:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-04-25, 16:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 03:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano - Just an FYI that I've now split the function out into its own script so that TMDbHelper can still be optional.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/script.skinvariables

@jurialmunkey, thanks! On an unrelated note, I saw that you included image blur to this addon, how do you use it? I didn't find it in the wiki.

Regards,

Bart

Updated the wiki with documentation:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ur-monitor

It is much simpler than colorbox.
If you have the service monitor running, just do Skin.ToggleSetting(TMDbHelper.EnableBlur) to turn it on/off.
There's no special multiimage ID controls - the source image just comes directly from whatever item is active in the service monitor.
.. you're welcome.
Hi Jurialmunkey,

Currently when I play something through Netflix addon it is working just fine. However sometimes I have Netflix content also in my local library but without knowing when starting a Netflix show. I know playing a file throigh local library will always prioritize local content firsg, however is it also possible to do it the way around? So if I play something through Netflix addon it will search the local library first in stead of using Netflix addon.

Thanks!
(2021-07-02, 02:19)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey,

Currently when I play something through Netflix addon it is working just fine. However sometimes I have Netflix content also in my local library but without knowing when starting a Netflix show. I know playing a file throigh local library will always prioritize local content firsg, however is it also possible to do it the way around? So if I play something through Netflix addon it will search the local library first in stead of using Netflix addon.

Thanks!

That'd rely on netflix adding 3rd party options, highly unlikely. Not much todo with this addon
(2021-07-02, 04:12)KingChit Wrote:
(2021-07-02, 02:19)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey,

Thanks!

That'd rely on netflix adding 3rd party options, highly unlikely. Not much todo with this addon

I hope jurialmunkey can give confirmation what is possible here or any other alternative.

Thanks.
(2019-11-26, 11:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-11-26, 04:52)nessus Wrote: @jurialmunkey 
Thanks... will check it out. I am in middle of something else atm from which comes my next question.

The plugin:// path for movies from a writer it's not working if there is more than one writer or am i missing something ?

This is the code that i use...
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=crew_in_movies&type=person&filter_key=job&filter_value=Writer&query=$INFO[ListItem.Writer]

Sorry if this is already mentioned because i didn't had the time to read the whole thread.

Cheers
Nessus

The latest github update should fix this issue. If a query has multiple items separated by "/" the plugin will now split them and use the first one.

For more complex calls there is also the ?info=discover method:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...r#discover

For instance, discover can allow you to get a list of any movie that has ANY of the current movie's writers as a crew member (i.e. not just one of the writers) -
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=movie&with_crew=$INFO[ListItem.Writer]&with_separator=OR

With discover you can also stack multiple with_* params. For instance, if you want to find movies that share at least one genre and one writer you can do:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=movie&with_crew=$INFO[ListItem.Writer]&with_genres=$INFO[ListItem.Genre]&with_separator=OR&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]
^ The exclude params will ensure that the current movie is not included in the list.

Apologies for resurrecting an old topic but I'm coming up against the same issue described here but the proposed solution has a problem and I've been unable to find a solution.

The core problem:  Some movies have more than one director and/or writer and I'm looking to show a list of all movies by any of the directors (or writers) from a movie.

This code seems to do the job fine when there is only one director, or writer.  However this same code produces no results when there is more than one.   
xml:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=crew_in_movies&type=person&filter_key=job&filter_value=Director&query=$INFO[Listitem.Director]&exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&nextpage=false"

I found this post and though I had the answer with Discover and tried the code from above.
XML:

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=movie&with_crew=$INFO[ListItem.Director]&with_separator=OR&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&nextpage=false"

At first this appeared to be working till I came across some data I knew was wrong.   While I was attempting this in my own skin I thought maybe the original poster realized the problem and fixed it so I loaded their skin to see.  Unfortunately their results were the same as mine, incorrect.

The only movies Bradley Cooper directed were A Star is Born and Maestro.  He is in the crew list for these other movies because he was a producer on them, not a director.  It was actually pointed out in the text that this is the expected result of that query.     

So my question is:
How can I get a list of any movie that has ANY of the current movie's writers as a crew member with the job of writer?  Same for director.
I tried applying a filter with a key of job and value of writer but that didn't work.

I am using version="4.3.24" of the plugin

Thank you
@jurialmunkey 

Please check this issue in this log please

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/CM3MRDw2rD/

Code:
2021-07-31 11:41:21.678 T:7520 ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'KeyError'> Error Contents: 'pop from an empty set' Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\script.py", line 7, in <module> Script().router() File "C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\script\router.py", line 356, in router route_taken = set.intersection(routes_available, params_given).pop() KeyError: 'pop from an empty set' -->End of Python script error report<--

Reported by @Ices 

Regards,

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@jurialmunkey

I only wanted to thank you for this tool. I have decided that I will use it in the next version of Aeon Tajo to give users the option to get online ratings. It works great, thanks again!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@jurialmunkey , would you consider adding to tmdb helper the feature that Skin Helper Service Widgets has for grouping episodes of the same season of the same show airing on a particular day? For example, today (for my time zone), Hulu aired the first 3 episodes of "Nine Perfect Strangers".  So the idea is that, for an episodes airing today widget, to show just one item for this tv show, instead of the three individual episode items.  Thank you in advance for considering my request.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Is there a way to add the yet to be aired episodes in the “ trakt your next episodes”? I have the toggle selected to show unaired episodes but it does not seem to matter.

The next episode shows on the trakt website after selecting the show, then under the tab - recent episodes. If all episodes have been watch it will show the premiere for the season.

I will use NCIS as an example. In this case, the next episode is shown as September 20.

Thanks for your work.
Since today I am receive an error. Also trying to give in settings the default player but still receiving an error. Nothing able to play within the addon however local strm are qorking perfectly. I deleted the file in file manager Addon and reinstalled however still same error. Is there something I can do to delete the addon completely? I am using Cosmic skin so not able to uninstall.

Thanks.
I am getting "Connection error TMDb
suppressing retries for 1 minute
" continuously in CoreELEC. Tried updating the tmdb helper addon, checked for OMDB API key, everything is intact but error is popping continuously using Arctic Zephyr 2 skin.
Please help...
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2