• 51(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
Hi, first thanks for such a great Tool, just start to discover it possibilitys and they are awesome.
When using the shipped contextmenu trakt functions all is working fine.

Today i was trying starting adding 'trakt functions' in dialog video info, but struggle a bit.

Currently i just test  add a movie item to Trakt Watchlist.   (account is verified|authenticated)

I tested and the numeric values arent empty and are correct (  listitem.uniqueid(tmdb)  | ListItem.Property(tmdb_id) )

If i do this nothing happens, no items get added.
& amp ; is used without spaces, even not visible here in syntax snippet

xml:

<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(listitem.uniqueid(tmdb))">RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=details&trakt=watchlist_add&tmdb_id=$INFO[listitem.uniqueid(tmdb)]&type=movie)</onclick>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + [String.IsEmpty(listitem.uniqueid(tmdb)) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))]">RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=details&trakt=watchlist_add&tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]&type=movie)</onclick>

Any hint or advise whats going wrong ??

EDIT 2:

Also

I tested on Leia 18.9 - its working flawless

I tested in Matrix  19.1. - its not working
)

edit 3: RESOLVED

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...issues/563
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
Hello Jurial. I see you have 2 options in TMDBH settings to select the action when you click something, theres Play, and Browse. Can you add an option to open Info also? So it will open the Information screen by default? I know you can set it Kodi wide, but I would only like it to be only in TMDBH.
(2021-09-25, 21:38)jdig4240 Wrote: Hello Jurial. I see you have 2 options in TMDBH settings to select the action when you click something, theres Play, and Browse. Can you add an option to open Info also? So it will open the Information screen by default? I know you can set it Kodi wide, but I would only like it to be only in TMDBH.
Not allowed. Info is an action (like select or back or a direction etc) and plugins aren't allowed to override keymaps.

The reason it's possible to change between play/browse is because that just changes the plugin folderpath attached to the item which the select command will open (if default kodi select action is select). it doesn't override the select command itself - whereas changing it to do action(info) would be overriding the command itself, basically like the plugin hijacking your enter key and making it press "i" instead. And that's not permitted.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2021-07-31, 18:19)Wanilton Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Please check this issue in this log please

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/CM3MRDw2rD/

Code:
2021-07-31 11:41:21.678 T:7520 ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'KeyError'> Error Contents: 'pop from an empty set' Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\script.py", line 7, in <module> Script().router() File "C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\script\router.py", line 356, in router route_taken = set.intersection(routes_available, params_given).pop() KeyError: 'pop from an empty set' -->End of Python script error report<--

Reported by @Ices 

Regards,

Wanilton
Hello could you please figure this one out it drives me crazy with error?
(2021-10-03, 17:23)Ices Wrote:
(2021-07-31, 18:19)Wanilton Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Please check this issue in this log please

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/CM3MRDw2rD/

Code:
2021-07-31 11:41:21.678 T:7520 ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'KeyError'> Error Contents: 'pop from an empty set' Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\script.py", line 7, in <module> Script().router() File "C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\script\router.py", line 356, in router route_taken = set.intersection(routes_available, params_given).pop() KeyError: 'pop from an empty set' -->End of Python script error report<--

Reported by @Ices 

Regards,

Wanilton
Hello could you please figure this one out it drives me crazy with error?

I can't see your log because that site requires an account (and I'm not signing up for one). Please post your log to https://paste.kodi.tv/ and give me the url. Also make sure your log has Kodi debug logging on so that I'm able to see the command calling the script.

This error is almost certainly because the skin you're using is trying to call RunScript for a command that doesn't exist -- but that's impossible for me to tell exactly because the skin you're using is not publicly released and requires payment to use...
Hello thanks for the help here is my log, and I pasted it to link you gave me. https://paste.kodi.tv/uhimuwadal.kodi
(2021-10-04, 23:46)Ices Wrote: Hello thanks for the help here is my log, and I pasted it to link you gave me. https://paste.kodi.tv/uhimuwadal.kodi

Thanks. Unfortunately the log doesn't list the command being run. However, I managed to find a copy of the skin uploaded online. If it is the same version of the skin then the following line is the problem:

MyVideoNav.xml

<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,backend=True)</onload>

TMDbH has no such command called "backend=True" so this RunScript command will cause errors every time you open TVShows. In fact, TMDbHelper has absolutely nothing to do with script.tv.show.next.aired so I have no idea what the skin author is even trying to do here.
Hi & thanks for this addon.
I have 3 questions:

1: I recently made a couple of players, one of which is for an addon "Videoland" which uses a subscription service out of the Netherlands.
it works pretty well, it is just that some content inside the addons is named slightly different than expected.
A specific example is the Sharknado series. In the videoland-addon it is named "Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens" while on tmdb it is named "Sharknado 4 - The 4th Awakens".
So I was wondering if it is possible to edit the value of a key in place? ( in this case replace ": " with " - ")
If so: how exactly?
If not: is that a feature you would consider adding?

EDIT:
Found the answer to question 1:
yes, it is possible the regular regex way:
python:
{title}.replace(': ',' - ')

2: Another player I made is for "Retrospect".
So now I mostly use 4 video-addons: Netflix, Videoland, Retrospect and TheMovieDBHelper.
Is it possible to set a specific player for a specific tvshow (or movie) and that tvshow (or movie) only?

3: Do you accept submissions for new players to be added to the builtin ones in TheMovieBHelper?
If so: can I just do a PR to the github repo?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Hello @jurialmunkey ,

With the latest version from GitHub of the addon, I am having an issue when doing a query for a person when the string passed has multiple people separated by / .  The error I am seeing in the log is this:

xml:

2021-10-08 16:06:17.407 T:20176   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'TypeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\script.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                       Script().router()
                                                     File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\script\router.py", line 414, in router
                                                       return self.routing_table[route_taken](**self.params)
                                                     File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\script\router.py", line 394, in <lambda>
                                                       'add_query': lambda **kwargs: WindowManager(**kwargs).router(),
                                                     File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\window\manager.py", line 246, in router
                                                       return self.add_query(self.params['add_query'], self.params['tmdb_type'])
                                                     File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\window\manager.py", line 217, in add_query
                                                       tmdb_id = TMDb().get_tmdb_id_from_query(tmdb_type, query, header=query, use_details=True, auto_single=True)
                                                     File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\tmdb\api.py", line 97, in get_tmdb_id_from_query
                                                       items = [ListItem(**self.mapper.get_info(i, tmdb_type)).get_listitem() for i in response]
                                                   TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

The call I am doing in Amber is this:

xml:

RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,add_query=$INFO[ListItem.Writer],type=person,call_auto=1134)

As far as I understand (and it was working correctly before), tmdb helper is supposed to present me with a select dialog so that I can choose which of the items separated by / to do the query with.  

Here is a link to a debug log that shows the issue: https://pastebin.com/cqVwBmBD

Please let me know if you require any additional information in order to track this issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-10-08, 09:52)Quihico Wrote: So I was wondering if it is possible to edit the value of a key in place? ( in this case replace ": " with " - ")
[...]
Found the answer to question 1:
yes, it is possible the regular regex way:
python:
{title}.replace(': ',' - ')

This won't work. You can't run a function such as .replace() inside a string. There's no regex for re.match that will replace characters.

I'll have a think about the best way to allow substitutions but at the moment it isn't possible.

(2021-10-08, 09:52)Quihico Wrote: Is it possible to set a specific player for a specific tvshow (or movie) and that tvshow (or movie) only?
Not currently, but it is something that I plan to add eventually.
See github for more discussion on this and other similar features: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...issues/401

(2021-10-08, 09:52)Quihico Wrote: 3: Do you accept submissions for new players to be added to the builtin ones in TheMovieBHelper?
If so: can I just do a PR to the github repo?

Yes definitely! PRs on github are great.

Only caveat is that the players must not be for banned addons (i.e. no piracy addons). Both the ones you mentioned should be fine though. Retrospect is on the official repo, so it is definitely okay. And it looks like Videoland is a normal streaming service similar to Netflix, so it'd be okay too.
(2021-10-08, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote: With the latest version from GitHub of the addon, I am having an issue when doing a query for a person when the string passed has multiple people separated by / .
As far as I understand (and it was working correctly before), tmdb helper is supposed to present me with a select dialog so that I can choose which of the items separated by / to do the query with.  

Nothing has changed in this area recently, so it isn't any change on my part. The add_query function never split strings (at least not since last year's v4 rewrite). The add_query function only prompts the user if it finds multiple actors with the same name as the query - it doesn't split the query string itself. You were probably splitting the string using some other function.

However, pretty simple to add, so I've added a splitter for add_query in v4.4.8 on github. No changes to the runscript command necessary - it will now simply split the string if the " / " character is present and then prompt the user to select from the choices.
When using:-

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?startdate=3&days=1&info=library_nextaired&widget=true

Does this return any kind of property to tell you which day of the week it actually is? There doesn't seem to be any documentation for this plugin call.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, just answered my own question. 

ListItemAbsolute(0).Property(x) - air_day, air_day_short, air_date and air_date_short return what I need
(2021-10-10, 19:17)roidy Wrote: When using:-

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?startdate=3&days=1&info=library_nextaired&widget=true

Does this return any kind of property to tell you which day of the week it actually is? There doesn't seem to be any documentation for this plugin call.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, just answered my own question. 

ListItemAbsolute(0).Property(x) - air_day, air_day_short, air_date and air_date_short return what I need

Sorry, yeah I really need to document the airing calendar functions properly.

Calendar ListItem.Infolabels for air date and time
  • Property(air_date) = Formatted air date using "Long date format" setting in Kodi Settings > Interface > Region >
  • Property(air_time) = Formatted air time using "Time format" setting in Kodi Settings > Interface > Region >
  • Property(air_day) = Formatted air day using "%A" e.g. "Monday" "Tuesday" etc.
  • Property(air_day_short) = Formatted air day using "%a" e.g. "Mon" "Tues" etc.
  • Property(air_date_short) = Formatted air date using "%d %b" e.g. "25-Oct" "05-Sep" etc.
  • Year = Formatted air date using "%Y" e.g. "2021"
  • Premiered = Formatted air date using "Short date format" setting in Kodi Settings > Interface > Region >

Additionally, you can get the name of the container/list with Container.PluginCategory. I also copy this property to ListItem.Property(widget) to use for widgets since Kodi doesn't allow for specifying Container(ID) for PluginCategory (Container.PluginCategory only works in MyVideoNav views so everywhere else you need to use ListItem.Property(widget) instead).

Property(widget) tells you the day name of the list based on the days/startdate settings. For example, see below:

ListItem.Property(widget) Outputs:
  • "Yesterday" (days=1,startdate=-1)
  • "Today" (days=1,startdate=0)
  • "Tomorrow" (days=1,startdate=1)
  • "Monday" "Tuesday" etc. (days=1,startdate=[<-1 | >1])
  • "This Week" (days=7,startdate=0)
  • "Last Week" (days=7,startdate=-7)
  • "This Fortnight" (days=14,startdate=0)
  • "Last Fortnight" (days=14,startdate=-14)
  • "This Month" (days=30,startdate=0)
  • "Last Month" (days=30,startdate=-30)
@roidy - FYI Documentation now added on the wiki
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...d-Calendar
(2021-10-11, 09:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: @roidy - FYI Documentation now added on the wiki
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...d-Calendar

@jurialmunkey That's great, thank you.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2