• 54(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2021-12-12, 12:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: Sorry for the late reply. Tapatalk is not refreshing my forum feeds for some reason, so I didn't even realise there were comments here! If you can't get me here, usually I'm pretty good at responding to issues posted on the github: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...per/issues

No problem, I just assumed you were on holiday or just taking a break from Kodi related stuff Big Grin

Quote:For the episode year search with a query, use the "episode_year=" param instead -- e.g.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?query=Beyond&episode_year=2018&tmdb_type=tv&info=cast&season=2&episode=2

The year param is a strict match (must match year), whereas episode_year param tells query to look for the most recent show with a first air date on or before the episode_year specified. I probably didn't document this function! I'm trying to be better with documentation these days so I'll update it now! Wink

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Quote:Hmm, this might be a tricky one. Is this just using the built-in button from the info dialog? Or do you use a specific browse command?

I don't think reopening the info dialog is possible after navigating in MyVideoNav (too hard to determine what the user is intending to do). However, there are a couple of options. The first is to create a custom dialog to act as a fake browsing window that sits on top of the video info dialog (which you hide with a conditional animation). It's pretty hacky but would allow for returning to the video info since you never close it.

The other option is what I do in Arctic Horizon, which is a custom browse button with the following onclick actions (I also display it when a movie is part of a set by checking ListItem.IsCollection so that the user can browse the set). The reason there's two sets of commands (one for MyVideoNav and one for elsewhere) is because if MyVideoNav is open I do a container update (call_update=) instead of activatewindow (call_path=)

xml:

<onclick condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1190,call_update=$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath])</onclick>
<onclick condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1190,call_update=$INFO[ListItem.DBID,videodb://tvshows/titles/,/])</onclick>
<onclick condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + ListItem.IsCollection">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1190,call_update=$INFO[ListItem.DBID,videodb://movies/sets/,/])</onclick>

<onclick condition="!Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1190,call_path=$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath])</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1190,call_path=$INFO[ListItem.DBID,videodb://tvshows/titles/,/])</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + ListItem.IsCollection">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1190,call_path=$INFO[ListItem.DBID,videodb://movies/sets/,/])</onclick>

Yep, after a couple of hours taking Arctic Horizon apart I found the custom Browse button method and code you posted, and while as you said it doesn't take you back to the info dialog it does fix the issue of being returned to the plugins root which is the main issue I wanted to fix.

Again thanks for the help Smile

Quick update, just tried it and the episode_year param worked perfectly, thanks Big Grin
@jurialmunkey Could you please check if Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Set.NumItems) returns the correct values? For me, the value is always one number below the real value. E.g. "Hangover" set shows only 2 items instead of 3, "Jurassic Park" set shows 5 instead of 6. Thank you Smile
(2021-12-30, 10:24)beatmasterrs Wrote: @jurialmunkey Could you please check if Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Set.NumItems) returns the correct values? For me, the value is always one number below the real value. E.g. "Hangover" set shows only 2 items instead of 3, "Jurassic Park" set shows 5 instead of 6. Thank you Smile

Ah yep, you're right. I forgot to force the enumerator to start at 1 rather than 0 when generating the set properties, so all the positions will be off by one -- e.g. what you'd expect to be Set.1.Title would actually be Set.0.Title, which means the count is also off by one.

I don't use sets normally but I'm surprised no-one else has noticed until now!

latest (V4.4.47) on github should fix it. You may need to refresh the TMDb Cache and restart Kodi for the details to update (TMDbHelper Settings > Expert > Delete cache > Delete TMDb Cache).

Also, FYI, TMDb is currently having some issues with Collections not returning any parts for some users, so if you now get no set details at all, that'd be why
https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/61d034ad...fe2?page=1
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2022-01-02, 02:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-12-30, 10:24)beatmasterrs Wrote: @jurialmunkey Could you please check if Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Set.NumItems) returns the correct values? For me, the value is always one number below the real value. E.g. "Hangover" set shows only 2 items instead of 3, "Jurassic Park" set shows 5 instead of 6. Thank you Smile

Ah yep, you're right. I forgot to force the enumerator to start at 1 rather than 0 when generating the set properties, so all the positions will be off by one -- e.g. what you'd expect to be Set.1.Title would actually be Set.0.Title, which means the count is also off by one.

I don't use sets normally but I'm surprised no-one else has noticed until now!

latest (V4.4.47) on github should fix it. You may need to refresh the TMDb Cache and restart Kodi for the details to update (TMDbHelper Settings > Expert > Delete cache > Delete TMDb Cache).

Also, FYI, TMDb is currently having some issues with Collections not returning any parts for some users, so if you now get no set details at all, that'd be why
https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/61d034ad...fe2?page=1

Thanks for the fast fix Smile
Hi - I am using Arctic Zephyr Reloaded as a skin, and randomly I'll see a pop-up with 'TMDBHelper Updating...' up in the upper right corner of the screen.
Is there a way to suppress that? Typically happens early on post-load of Kodi.... I can't seem to find anytype of setting for it to be hidden?
Thanks
(2022-01-07, 17:17)hydog Wrote: Hi - I am using Arctic Zephyr Reloaded as a skin, and randomly I'll see a pop-up with 'TMDBHelper Updating...' up in the upper right corner of the screen.
Is there a way to suppress that? Typically happens early on post-load of Kodi.... I can't seem to find anytype of setting for it to be hidden?
Thanks
That's the library integration update where tmdbhelper adds items to the library from a monitored list. It is disabled by default so you must've enabled it yourself.

You can disable library updates from the library section of TMDbhelper settings.
(2022-01-07, 23:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-01-07, 17:17)hydog Wrote: Hi - I am using Arctic Zephyr Reloaded as a skin, and randomly I'll see a pop-up with 'TMDBHelper Updating...' up in the upper right corner of the screen.
Thanks
That's the library integration update where tmdbhelper adds items to the library from a monitored list. It is disabled by default so you must've enabled it yourself.

You can disable library updates from the library section of TMDbhelper settings.
Got it -- I thought I might have to turn that on to add content, but I will turn it off and check operation.
Appreciate it...

Hi @jurialmunkey,

I have a follow up question to this issue. After installing the update & clearing the cache I checked for the correct total amount of movies in a set and while doing so i still noticed some sets were not showing any additional information. Turned out those sets are the ones where I manually edited the title so that it differs from the one at TMDB. It seems you are using the set's title from Kodi's database to search at the TMDB and grab the information. Is that intended behaviour (perhaps even the only possible way) or could the "tmdbSet" value be used instead?

Obviously the easiest solution would be for me to change the title back to the TMDB one but unfortunately it also seems that sometimes the wrong set is identified, one example are the Pink Panther movies where two different sets exist (Original and Steve Martin). In my case it tells me I have 2 out of 9 movies in my library for "The Pink Panther (Steve Martin) Collection" but that's incorrect, 9 would be the correct total for "The Pink Panther (Original) Collection".

In the end those are just minor issues but I would still appreciate it if you could have a look. Thanks!
(2022-01-09, 10:00)leschranz Wrote:

Hi @jurialmunkey,

I have a follow up question to this issue. After installing the update & clearing the cache I checked for the correct total amount of movies in a set and while doing so i still noticed some sets were not showing any additional information. Turned out those sets are the ones where I manually edited the title so that it differs from the one at TMDB. It seems you are using the set's title from Kodi's database to search at the TMDB and grab the information. Is that intended behaviour (perhaps even the only possible way) or could the "tmdbSet" value be used instead?

Obviously the easiest solution would be for me to change the title back to the TMDB one but unfortunately it also seems that sometimes the wrong set is identified, one example are the Pink Panther movies where two different sets exist (Original and Steve Martin). In my case it tells me I have 2 out of 9 movies in my library for "The Pink Panther (Steve Martin) Collection" but that's incorrect, 9 would be the correct total for "The Pink Panther (Original) Collection".

In the end those are just minor issues but I would still appreciate it if you could have a look. Thanks!

Yeah it uses the set name to query on TMDb and try to find a match, so if a different set shows up in the search results from TMDb first then that gets used.

Using the tmdb id for the collection would be the best method but as far as I'm aware the kodi scrapers don't add this data.

I'm assuming your tmdbset unique id field is being added either manually or via some media manager (eg tmm) because I don't appear to have it using universal media scraper. Is that correct? Or is there some scraper setting I'm missing?

Main reason I ask is because there's no point querying manually set fields if they aren't standardised names otherwise it's no benefit to others - but if it's a standard field set by a scraper or tmm then it could be worthwhile to query.

Im hoping it is a standardised field because using the id is the simplest and fastest method to confirm the correct set, whereas other possible methods are going to be less effecient. Either way let me know and I'll look at trying to get better lookup query results for sets.
(2022-01-10, 01:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm assuming your tmdbset unique id field is being added either manually or via some media manager (eg tmm) because I don't appear to have it using universal media scraper. Is that correct? Or is there some scraper setting I'm missing?

Have to admit I hadn't thought about that and you are assuming correctly, the tmdbset id gets added by tmm and stored individually per movie like any other uniqueid field in the Kodi database. Just for the fun of it I also tried the available Kodi scrapers and they all don't add it.

In the movie's .nfo file the value is stored like this:
Code:
<uniqueid type="tmdbSet">130440</uniqueid>
In Kodi's database the value is written in the table "uniqueid" with the movie's "media_id".

Not sure if it's worth the hassle but to use the tmdbSet value you'd have to first identify one of the movies in the collection, then get the tmdbset value from that movie and finally perform the search, so basically adding a few more steps along the way.
(2022-01-10, 09:14)leschranz Wrote:
(2022-01-10, 01:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm assuming your tmdbset unique id field is being added either manually or via some media manager (eg tmm) because I don't appear to have it using universal media scraper. Is that correct? Or is there some scraper setting I'm missing?

Have to admit I hadn't thought about that and you are assuming correctly, the tmdbset id gets added by tmm and stored individually per movie like any other uniqueid field in the Kodi database. Just for the fun of it I also tried the available Kodi scrapers and they all don't add it.

In the movie's .nfo file the value is stored like this:
Code:
<uniqueid type="tmdbSet">130440</uniqueid>
In Kodi's database the value is written in the table "uniqueid" with the movie's "media_id".

Not sure if it's worth the hassle but to use the tmdbSet value you'd have to first identify one of the movies in the collection, then get the tmdbset value from that movie and finally perform the search, so basically adding a few more steps along the way.

Ah, damn! I was hoping the ID would be connected to the collection itself rather than the individual items inside it. Not really worth it if it isn't available directly from the ListItem as an infolabel.

Anyway, I've got a couple of other ideas to improve the matching for collections using the available data. I'll let you know once I've got something ready for testing.
(2022-01-10, 10:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: Anyway, I've got a couple of other ideas to improve the matching for collections using the available data. I'll let you know once I've got something ready for testing.
Looking forward to whatever ideas you might have! BTW, I have renamed my collections to the TMDB standard and now there are only two with identification problems left, the "Pink Panther (Steve Martin)" one and "Bill & Ted's Most Excellent Collection". In the case of Bill & Ted I suspect the "&" might cause problems.
(2022-01-10, 18:22)leschranz Wrote:
(2022-01-10, 10:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: Anyway, I've got a couple of other ideas to improve the matching for collections using the available data. I'll let you know once I've got something ready for testing.
Looking forward to whatever ideas you might have! BTW, I have renamed my collections to the TMDB standard and now there are only two with identification problems left, the "Pink Panther (Steve Martin)" one and "Bill & Ted's Most Excellent Collection". In the case of Bill & Ted I suspect the "&" might cause problems.

I spoke too soon. I thought the collections search on the API returned more info than it does but it only returns the name, id, poster and fanart, so there's really limited options for matching.

I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is with the Pink Panther collection, so that is fixed in latest github version (4.4.62).

The issue with Bill and Ted will definitely be the ampersand. Forgot to URI encode the query field when doing the ID lookup. Will be able to fix that too - just need to run a few test cases first to make sure I'm not breaking other things before I push to git.
EDIT: Bill & Ted ampersand issue should be fixed now in v4.4.63
(2022-01-11, 01:09)jurialmunkey Wrote: I spoke too soon. I thought the collections search on the API returned more info than it does but it only returns the name, id, poster and fanart, so there's really limited options for matching.

It seems the title is sufficient for matching as long as there are no special characters in it and that should be the case with the majority of all collections.

I have now updated the plugin to the latest version from your github and everything works as expected, so thanks for your continued work!
Hey guys!

I need help filtering fanart with language.

I'm using the script below to bring background, but it's bringing no language.

How do I bring with language?

<content sortby="random" limit="5">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=upcoming&;type=movie</content>

Exemplo: 

ImageImage
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2