• 58(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
I have found a small optical error.

Look here: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ngs.po#L66
Hi,

I would like to disable these "Movie-Poster-Icons" in the "Select Item"-Screen and just a plain list instead. What to do ? Thanks

https://prnt.sc/tTYEUy1Sq3HS

Quote:@dahjw @AnDas - Could you please try v4.7.12 and see if it fixes your issue?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ag/v4.7.12

TMDbHelper Options > Widgets > Next episodes checks calendar (enable)

Hi @jurialmunkey. Appreciate this feature - works well. As a result, an episode that is airing later today has been added to ‘your next episodes’ within tmdb helper addon this morning. However, the ‘your next episodes’ widget on my home screen has not updated (now almost midnight). Is this expected behaviour, having left kodi idle for 24hrs? Im guessing it is. I’m confident that if I watched something else, once finished, the new episode would pop straight up on home screen widget, but would be nice if there was a way to ‘push’ new episodes to the widget without having to force a refresh this way. I’ve found using the ‘recently watched’ widget to be a way around this - it seems to have new episodes lined up in good time but fails to update the unwatched episodes indicator on the tv show. Thanks.
Good day,

I'm new to this forum...so, apologies if this question has been asked and answered in the past...!

Is it possible to add my local video content such that TMDB helper will see that content as a selectable option like Popular, Top Rated, Upcoming, etc.?  If so, please let me know how to this can be accomplished!  I've spent hours trying to figure this out with no luck.  Any guidance/advise you can provide will be greatly appreciated.  I running an Android 11 and Widows 10 set up with Kodi 19.4 and using the Arctic Zephyr Reloaded skin.  Thank you!
TMDB Helper 4.8.4 is causing an error, previous version was fine.
(2022-06-02, 18:09)talismanamsilat Wrote: TMDB Helper 4.8.4 is causing an error, previous version was fine.
Debug log?

I can't read your mind about what the error is!
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2022-06-02, 03:43)Obsidian1 Wrote: Good day,

I'm new to this forum...so, apologies if this question has been asked and answered in the past...!

Is it possible to add my local video content such that TMDB helper will see that content as a selectable option like Popular, Top Rated, Upcoming, etc.?  If so, please let me know how to this can be accomplished!  I've spent hours trying to figure this out with no luck.  Any guidance/advise you can provide will be greatly appreciated.  I running an Android 11 and Widows 10 set up with Kodi 19.4 and using the Arctic Zephyr Reloaded skin.  Thank you!
I don't really understand what you're trying to do? Why would you need your local library to display inside tmdbh?
(2022-06-03, 04:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-02, 18:09)talismanamsilat Wrote: TMDB Helper 4.8.4 is causing an error, previous version was fine.
Debug log?

I did a quick test with youtube as the player.
I suspect it is this error.

Code:
2022-06-03 05:10:49.249 T:1095     INFO <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.8.18+matrix.1) on Matrix (Kodi-19.4) with Python 3.8.9
                                                       Path: /search/
                                                       Params: {'q': 'ROT (2022)', 'search_type': 'notvalid'}
2022-06-03 05:10:51.060 T:1095     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(24, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): script successfully run
2022-06-03 05:10:51.173 T:1093     INFO <general>: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                                   lib.player - finished resolving path to url
                                                   plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=_V-XE6BZMYA
2022-06-03 05:10:51.206 T:1093    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/plugin.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                       Router().run()
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/resources/lib/items/router.py", line 46, in run
                                                       return self.play_external()
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/resources/lib/addon/modimp.py", line 32, in wrapper
                                                       return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/resources/lib/items/router.py", line 27, in play_external
                                                       Players(**self.params).play(handle=self.handle if self.handle != -1 else None)
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/resources/lib/player/players.py", line 688, in play
                                                       if self.current_player and self.current_player.get('make_playlist', '').lower() == 'true':
                                                   AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
(2022-06-03, 05:26)Fuchs2468 Wrote:
(2022-06-03, 04:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
Debug log?

I did a quick test with youtube as the player.
I suspect it is this error.

Code:
2022-06-03 05:10:49.249 T:1095     INFO <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.8.18+matrix.1) on Matrix (Kodi-19.4) with Python 3.8.9
                                                       Path: /search/
                                                       Params: {'q': 'ROT (2022)', 'search_type': 'notvalid'}
2022-06-03 05:10:51.060 T:1095     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(24, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): script successfully run
2022-06-03 05:10:51.173 T:1093     INFO <general>: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                                   lib.player - finished resolving path to url
                                                   plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=_V-XE6BZMYA
2022-06-03 05:10:51.206 T:1093    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/plugin.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                       Router().run()
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/resources/lib/items/router.py", line 46, in run
                                                       return self.play_external()
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/resources/lib/addon/modimp.py", line 32, in wrapper
                                                       return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/resources/lib/items/router.py", line 27, in play_external
                                                       Players(**self.params).play(handle=self.handle if self.handle != -1 else None)
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/resources/lib/player/players.py", line 688, in play
                                                       if self.current_player and self.current_player.get('make_playlist', '').lower() == 'true':
                                                   AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

Thanks for this. Should be fixed now.
I'm really not sure what I'm trying to do either Blush 

Here's the scenario: I'm using the Arctic Zephyr Reloaded (AZR) skin on a Kodi 19.4 build.  I’m using AZR’s Modern Multi-Widgets Netflix home menu style. When I add a AZR widget and choose the action to be “TheMovieDb Helper – Upcoming”, for example, the widget displays the Upcoming movie content. Then, when I focus on an upcoming movie image, the background displays alternating art about that movie.  If I keep the image focused, then the movie’s trailer will play assuming play trailers is active.  It’s brilliant!

The quest: to duplicate the behavior described above for my own personal video library. And, possibly my VOD content.  Sadly, I’ve not been able to accomplish this task.  The closest I’ve come to replicating tmdbhr’s behavior, is to create a video playlist from my local library.  When I focus on a playlist movie image, inside the AZR widget, I do not get alternating background art.  But, if I keep the movie image focused, then the movie’s trailer will play. This is why I though being able to display my local library inside tmdbh might solve this issue.  If I’m going about this all wrong, or if there’s a better way to implement what I’m trying to do, then please let me know! Thank you!
(2022-06-03, 18:00)Obsidian1 Wrote: I'm really not sure what I'm trying to do either Blush 

Here's the scenario: I'm using the Arctic Zephyr Reloaded (AZR) skin on a Kodi 19.4 build.  I’m using AZR’s Modern Multi-Widgets Netflix home menu style. When I add a AZR widget and choose the action to be “TheMovieDb Helper – Upcoming”, for example, the widget displays the Upcoming movie content. Then, when I focus on an upcoming movie image, the background displays alternating art about that movie.  If I keep the image focused, then the movie’s trailer will play assuming play trailers is active.  It’s brilliant!

The quest: to duplicate the behavior described above for my own personal video library. And, possibly my VOD content.  Sadly, I’ve not been able to accomplish this task.  The closest I’ve come to replicating tmdbhr’s behavior, is to create a video playlist from my local library.  When I focus on a playlist movie image, inside the AZR widget, I do not get alternating background art.  But, if I keep the movie image focused, then the movie’s trailer will play. This is why I though being able to display my local library inside tmdbh might solve this issue.  If I’m going about this all wrong, or if there’s a better way to implement what I’m trying to do, then please let me know! Thank you!
Ah you're looking for extrafanart support!

In Matrix that is handled by your library scraper for library items. it used to just be a physical folder of images on disk inside the movie/show folder but now in Matrix scrapers add the URLs directly to the library database so the art is only downloaded and cached as needed.

I don't think all scrapers support extrafanart but definitely a few do and that's what you'd be looking for in terms of settings.
Thank you for such a prompt response! I've searched for "extrafanart support" per your suggestion.  But, my searches for extrafanart support have turned up nothing that makes any sense to me.  Maybe it's because: 1) I'm still new to Kodi, or 2) I'm not searching for the item properly?...Could you please point me to where I can find extrafanart support?  That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
(2022-06-04, 19:22)Obsidian1 Wrote: Thank you for such a prompt response! I've searched for "extrafanart support" per your suggestion.  But, my searches for extrafanart support have turned up nothing that makes any sense to me.  Maybe it's because: 1) I'm still new to Kodi, or 2) I'm not searching for the item properly?...Could you please point me to where I can find extrafanart support?  That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Ah sorry I misremembered how extrafanart works in Matrix. It still needs local files but it no longer uses the extrafanart folder.

You need to have your movies/tvshows in individual folders, then in each of movie/show folder you add "fanart1.jpg" "fanart2.jpg" etc. If you then rescape the item (e.g. go to info and choose refresh) then those artworks you added should be there.

Obviously you won't want to do that manually if you have a large library, so there's a tool to download automatically: Artwork Dump
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078

If you install Artwork Dump using the instructions in that thread, then you can open its settings and enable the "Add additional 'fanart' from available scraper results" option and set it to however many extrafanart you want (Artwork Dump will appear under Program Add-ons). Then if you run Artwork Dump it will give an option to scan your existing video library. Doing that will get it to download all the artwork types you specified to the individual movie/show folders. Then you can rescrape your library and should get those new artwork types added.
Hi @jurialmunkey, I’m on v4.8.5 and kodi 19.4.
I use the Trakt Next Up widget from tmdb helper. In settings>players I have it set to automatically play local files. However after selecting something, I just get a pop-up asking me to choose a player.
It works as expected using the add-on version from the kodi repo.
You fixed this for me ages ago but can’t remember if it was a GitHub issue or on the forum. If it helps I will search for it.
Thanks as usual for the awesome work
Github #767 is open for this
Hi there TMDB Helper users,

I use TMDB helper to generate a bunch of widgets for my Nexus build in Arctic Zephyr. I love the addon and have also installed it for prettt much all of my friends. It's awesome! And a must-have IMO.

There are 2 things I hope somebody can help me with.

1. It doesn't matter if I select "hide unaired movies" The widgets (based on TMDB Helper lists) still show unreleased (for home video/streaming) movies. Can I edit some code somewhere so it only displays titles that are released on streaming/blu-ray and exclude movies that are still in theatres?

2. I want to exclude Asian, Anime and Hindi titles from the lists. For example: I use the "Trending this week" list, but there are also Hindi or Asian movies in that list, I would like those not to show. Just English (US) and European titles.

I hope there's a way to do this. I reckon you have to edit an .api? But I have no idea what to add to it.

Thanks in advance!
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2