• 59(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
I signed into Trakt but none of my lists or collections open.
Hello and Thank you, is there documentation on how to use the new make playlist function
Wow, it took a while to sort this out...but, thank you for pointing me in the right direction - Fanart!  The main problem was that my movie images (posters/landscape/ect.) had been saved (scraped) incorrectly as background#.jpg vs fanart#.jpg. I still have couple of things I haven't been able to figure out:

1.) When I hover over AZR's home menu item icon that contains tmdbh's "upcoming" movies widget, the background image changes to whatever the last selected/viewed movie image was.  I cannot replicate this behavior with my movie library.  My movie library widget background only changes when I hover over one of my movie images - not its home menu icon.  When I exit the widget the background image does not maintain the last selected image.  Is there a way to make my video library display, and hold, the last selected image as a background like tmdbh's "upcoming" widget?

2.) Is there a way to setup tmdbh such that it could display my VOD content like my movie library and tmdbh's "upcoming" widget?  My IPTV service provider has an extensive library of VOD movies divided into categories, such as; year, recently added, etc.  I would like to display the VOD content in the same fashion that I can now display my movie library.  My biggest problem is that I don't know how Kodi/AZR "finds" my IPTV provider's categorized VOD library content to add it to a widget. Oh, I only have one HTTP link to ALL my IPTV provider's VOD movies.  Not individual links for each of their categories. 

Please let me know if either of these things are possible.  I've spent a lot time trying to work this out and I can not. Thank You!
@jurialmunkey I love the plugin but for some reason after a few movies/tv - shows and pressing stop (when movie/show is over) it crashes not evertime but seldom enough to disrupt the viewing experience I can't reproduce the problem tho is there any fix for this brother much appreciated in advance
(2022-07-14, 15:04)gemini88 Wrote: @jurialmunkey I love the plugin but for some reason after a few movies/tv - shows and pressing stop (when movie/show is over) it crashes not evertime but seldom enough to disrupt the viewing experience I can't reproduce the problem tho is there any fix for this brother much appreciated in advance
Tmdbh doesn't play movies/episodes. Once playback starts, tmdbhelper isn't running anymore.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi @jurialmunkey, I have been trying to add widget support for tmdbhelper into my skin and I've run into a bit of a headscratcher...

I have a widget on my infoscreens that populates the acting credits of whichever actor is currently selected in the built-in container 50. I'm getting correct results, but there are a lot missing and I can't seem to figure out an order to what's missing. 

I've set a high limit for the widget to 50 and its sorted by year/descending. But if I go on Christian Bale, for example, the first result from the list is Knight of Cups and everything from after 2012 is missing. But there are other missing ones as well, such as 2010's The Fighter (https://www.themoviedb.org/person/3894-christian-bale)

The content path is populated like so:

xml:

<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Path,themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie)">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=stars_in_movies&amp;type=person&amp;query='$ESCINFO[Container(50).ListItem.Label]'&amp;exclude_value='$ESCINFO[ListItem.Title]'$VAR[TMDBHelper_Default_Params]</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Path,themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=stars_in_tvshows&amp;type=person&amp;query='$ESCINFO[Container(50).ListItem.Label]'&amp;exclude_value='$ESCINFO[ListItem.Title]'$VAR[TMDBHelper_Default_Params]</value>

<variable name="TMDBHelper_Default_Params">
   <value>&amp;nextpage=false&amp;fanarttv=false&amp;cacheonly=true&amp;widget=true</value>
</variable>

Another issue I've had is that in the above path I try to exclude the listitem that is populating the info screen. But I still see the item in the acting and director related lists.

xml:

<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Path,themoviedb.helper)">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=crew_in_movies&amp;type=person&amp;query='$ESCINFO[ListItem.Property(Director.1.Name)]'&amp;filter_key=job&amp;filter_value=Director&amp;exclude_value='$ESCINFO[ListItem.Title]'$VAR[TMDBHelper_Default_Params]</value>

I should say this is on Kodi Nexus but I can't see any errors in my log that might be contributing. Do you know of anything that might be causing this?

Apologies if I've overlooked something basic!
@QuizKid -- You have an exclude_value defined without an exclude_key. I'm not sure if that's the issue or not but that's the first thing I spotted.

Also what version are you using? Reason I ask is because the version in the official repo is extremely out-of-date. I've been waiting since November last year for a code review on a PR -- so I highly recommend using latest github version instead. You can also get latest version from my Kodi repo -- https://jurialmunkey.github.io/repository.jurialmunkey/

EDIT: Also, what's your region settings? TMDb API will hide items if they don't have a release date in your region. There's an option in latest version of TMDbHelper to disable region filters.
Thanks for the quick reply @jurialmunkey - ahh yes the missing key was why the title wasn't being excluded thanks!

Regarding the missing entries in the stars_in_movies list, I'm stumped. I'm on the newest version from your repo and I tried checking the option to disable region filters, although my region is UK. It's still got missing items, but if I pull up Chrstian Bale in Arctic Horizon 2, everything is there. So it must be an issue with my skin and not my system, I suppose.
Ah @jurialmunkey - got it working. It was because I hadn't set a limit in the path. Adding &amp;limit=50 to my path did the trick. It must be to do with the order that tmdb or the helper use to list the movies, as for whatever reason, some of the newer ones for most actors must have been outside of the default/fallback limit.
(2022-08-09, 13:28)QuizKid Wrote: Ah @jurialmunkey - got it working. It was because I hadn't set a limit in the path. Adding &amp;limit=50 to my path did the trick. It must be to do with the order that tmdb or the helper use to list the movies, as for whatever reason, some of the newer ones for most actors must have been outside of the default/fallback limit.

Ah yeah that'd be it - default limit is 20.

The default sort order from the api is a bit weird. From what I was reading it is just whatever comes from the database first - so normally is in ID creation order, which isn't a great default sort method.

If you have cacheonly=true then there's no harm setting the limit high (e.g. 1000). The only purpose of the limit is to reduce the number of details requests made but cacheonly skips that anyway (it only uses details already cached to disk). The actual list itself is retrieved in full and is only limited after being retrieved. so there shouldn't be much difference between a list of 20 and a list of 200 movies when cacheonly is enabled.

The base list has metadata for release date, ratings, votes, and genres so sorting by year will work properly even when cacheonly is on.
Great thanks for this info and the amazing plugin!!
Any idea what's going on with some ratings lately?

For two new movies (Prey, Thirteen Lives) I can't get any ratings from Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic and IMDb. Been checking them for a week now.

Is that a Omdb issue? Already changed my API key but same problem.
(2022-08-11, 19:49)itends Wrote: Any idea what's going on with some ratings lately?

For two new movies (Prey, Thirteen Lives) I can't get any ratings from Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic and IMDb. Been checking them for a week now.

Are they on omdb? If they aren't on omdb then you won't get the rating.
(2022-08-12, 02:49)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-08-11, 19:49)itends Wrote: Any idea what's going on with some ratings lately?

Yes both movies are on Omdb

https://www.omdb.org/en/de/movie/187558-prey
https://www.omdb.org/en/de/movie/187557-thirteen-lives

Both movies show Tmdb and Trakt ratings in Kodi, Prey shows no additional rating and Thirteen Lives shows a Metacritic rating.
(2022-08-14, 17:37)itends Wrote:
(2022-08-12, 02:49)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Yes both movies are on Omdb

https://www.omdb.org/en/de/movie/187558-prey
https://www.omdb.org/en/de/movie/187557-thirteen-lives

Both movies show Tmdb and Trakt ratings in Kodi, Prey shows no additional rating and Thirteen Lives shows a Metacritic rating.
No, I mean goto omdbapi.com where the api key comes from and search the movie.

If you search prey using its imdb id via the api site you can clearly see it has no ratings. Can't magically get data that doesn't exist!

Quote:
{"Title":"Prey","Year":"2022","Rated":"R","Released":"05 Aug 2022","Runtime":"N/A","Genre":"Action, Drama, Horror","Director":"Dan Trachtenberg","Writer":"Patrick Aison","Actors":"Amber Midthunder, Dane DiLiegro, Harlan Blayne Kytwayhat","Plot":"The origin story of the Predator in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago. Naru, a skilled female warrior, fights to protect her tribe against one of the first highly-evolved Predators to land on Earth.","Language":"English","Country":"United States","Awards":"N/A","Poster":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMWE2YjY4MGQtNjRkYy00ZTQxLTkyNTUtODI1Y2I3M2M3ODE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_SX300.jpg","Ratings":[],"Metascore":"N/A","imdbRating":"N/A","imdbVotes":"N/A","imdbID":"tt11866324","Type":"movie","DVD":"05 Aug 2022","BoxOffice":"N/A","Production":"N/A","Website":"N/A","Response":"True"}
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2