Show episode air date in guide details
I recently switched from Media Portal TV service to NextPVR and with media portal I used to be able see the episode air date in the show details when it is selected in the Guide but I'm not seeing that with NextPVR. I like to use that to know if an episode is new or not. I am using Schedules Direct as the data provider in NextPVR. Is there a way to see the air date or to flag an episode as new in the EPG?
Can you give me a screen shot of what it looks like in MP? I believe the main issue is the DVB OTA and XMLTV guides aren't as rich as the SD data so some of these nice options aren't considered in the base.  There is a firstAired field but I am not sure if skins even use it

I did make a post requesting feedback and got no responses 342897 (thread) 

Martin
(2019-08-01, 23:53)emveepee Wrote: Can you give me a screen shot of what it looks like in MP? I believe the main issue is the DVB OTA and XMLTV guides aren't as rich as the SD data so some of these nice options aren't considered in the base.  There is a firstAired field but I am not sure if skins even use it

I did make a post requesting feedback and got no responses 342897 (thread) 

Martin

Sorry Martin but no I can't. I uninstalled MP and switched to NextPVR because MP had stopped working for me. It simply showed a line in the show description details something like "Air Date: 08-01-2019".  I was using Schedules Direct for MP as well.
Appending things to fields is the kind of hack I want to get away from. firstAired is a field https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/struct_e_...2540fb0e7a and I'd like to see how it is used by the skin designers rather than forcing it into a design.  Showing the New, SP etc flags directly in the guide like Emby and NextPVR do makes even more sense for at a glance viewing.

Martin
(2019-08-02, 00:23)emveepee Wrote: Appending things to fields is the kind of hack I want to get away from. firstAired is a field https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/struct_e_...2540fb0e7a and I'd like to see how it is used by the skin designers rather than forcing it into a design.  Showing the New, SP etc flags directly in the guide like Emby and NextPVR do makes even more sense for at a glance viewing.

Martin

If you could show a "new" indicator in the guide that would be awesome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show episode air date in guide details00