Differce between Party Mode and not Party Mode
Ok, so when I play music videos in a playlist in party mode (PM), there is virtually no time when one video ends and the next begins. When  playing same videos at random or not in PM, there is a 15 second delay before the next video opens. WTF?
Not sure, but one aspect of party mode is that there are only 10 MVs in the nowplaying video playlist.  If you instead play from your entire library, there can be many more items in the playlist and I think Kodi does some lookups on MVs in the playlist that can be slow for large playlists.

scott s.
(2019-08-05, 00:19)scott967 Wrote: Not sure, but one aspect of party mode is that there are only 10 MVs in the nowplaying video playlist.  If you instead play from your entire library, there can be many more items in the playlist and I think Kodi does some lookups on MVs in the playlist that can be slow for large playlists.

scott s.

thanks. so I can test this by creating another source/folder with 10 mv's in it and play in regular mode, it should play as fast as PM.  
so that was it. i created a new source with 20 MV's and added them to a PL. Each MV played without delay. I have 21k MV's in my library. I'll need to think of something, or always play in PM.
You can also partition your MVs by creating smart playlists, and if you open the context menu for a smart playlist "play in party mode" is an option.  I have one with rule "playcount is less than 3" that I play with party mode.  That way I get my new stuff.

scott s.
(2019-08-08, 05:46)scott967 Wrote: You can also partition your MVs by creating smart playlists, and if you open the context menu for a smart playlist "play in party mode" is an option.  I have one with rule "playcount is less than 3" that I play with party mode.  That way I get my new stuff.

scott s.

That won't work for me. I create my MV PL's as I watch them using Simpleplaylist, so there's nothing in the smart playlist rules I can use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Differce between Party Mode and not Party Mode0