• 14(current)
Broken TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan
my problem has returned aswell yesterday, havent looked at the logs yet, got mad :/ so just went straight to file mode to watch my movie
(2019-09-22, 17:28)Exodus Wrote: my problem has returned aswell yesterday, havent looked at the logs yet, got mad :/ so just went straight to file mode to watch my movie

problem has returned for me, not investigated logs yet.
(2019-10-16, 21:23)dm21912 Wrote:
(2019-09-22, 17:28)Exodus Wrote: my problem has returned aswell yesterday, havent looked at the logs yet, got mad :/ so just went straight to file mode to watch my movie

problem has returned for me, not investigated logs yet.

Same here?
I’ve also tried using TMDB but it doesn’t seem to find certain shows like Treadstone etc?

Currently when I start an update or a refresh the plugin just crashes and then freezes Kodi.

Is this TVDBs end again?
Will we see another update to the plugin?

I’m also still using an older version of Kodi on a few of my other boxes, but it seems that plugin 12 and 13 are both broken for certain updates.

My Jarvis box won’t update and neither will my newest boxes so it seems consistent (as in it’s broken everywhere).

Bizarrely, the plug does seem to work with some tv series and allows me to add an episode to certain shows, but trying to update THE OA or Treadstone etc just cause a complete crash.

Any ideas/updates/or fixes en route?
Debug Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-22, 22:17)Karellen Wrote: Debug Log

I’ll try get a log up ASAP (we left to visit friends the day after this occurred)

However I have been able to recreate the issue in its entirety on any box, including clean installs I created in VMs etc that contain only a default Kodi build from tested from 15.2 and up.

If you would like to recreate the issue Install a fresh kodi.

Add a library location for TV shows.

Add the folder “war of the worlds 2019” and enjoy episode s01e01

The try to scrape that directory and it either freezes the plugin or crashes Lodi depending on the type of scrape (full UI or notification in top right)

There are other shows that cause a specific crash, yet adding a file to a known show seems to be fine?

So In short.
To recreate (I tested Kodi 15.2 and up)
Fresh install
Add tv show library location
Add folder “war of the worlds 2019”
And Episode s01e01

Then ether select “update video library” and/or just try to scrape that show using the TVDb scraper and it’ll shit the bed on every build I’ve tested on so far (fresh installs on VM boxes)

How that helps until I get back Smile
Unable to find the edit tab on mobile? XD

Folder name is actually “War of the Worlds” there is no 2019 in the folder name Smile
(2019-10-23, 17:41)SimCade Wrote: Unable to find the edit tab on mobile? XD

Folder name is actually “War of the Worlds” there is no 2019 in the folder name Smile

File name was:
“The War of The Worlds”

That folder name causes the crash, by changing to 2019 it fixes the issue with that particular crash.

The OA has the same issue.

Anyone direct me to edit tacitly on iOS mobile?
Here is a list of all tv folder names that I have found that crash the plugin.

“The war of the Worlds”
The OA”
“Transporter”
“This Way Up”
“The Loudest Voice”

When I try to scrape any of these names either via “refresh” or “update video library” or manual etc. The plugin either stops/freezes or crashes.

It doesn’t seem to find these shows on TVDB even though they are their.

“The Loudest Voice” crashes every time when you try to “update” either automatically from the context menu or when you select manually and enter the title.

For sure there is an issue with certain titles not getting through as other titles are updating?

If I add a folder called “The Simpson’s” it seems to work fine?

Rename that folder to “The Loudest Voice” kodi just dies?

Sorry for all the updates but there is no way I can see on iOS Mobile to edit an existing post?

Please feel free to merge and trim this and I’ll update a log when I get back.

That’s all I have for now, hopefully a quick test from someone else or at HQ you can see that there are some titles that are crashing the plugin Smile
@SimCade

Cannot do anything without a Debug Log So you can write as many posts as you want, but nothing will happen until you provide a proper Debug Log that captures the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Here you go: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/QJPvH3rQNs/

Starting a couple of days ago, the "episode guide" or something like that stopped working. I can add tv shows, but the episodes don't find their way from thetvdb into my Kodi. That's true for new tv shows I add as well as for new episodes from existing tv shows.

In the example, I'm trying to scan "The Crusoe Show" ( https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-crusoe-show ) to the library, but the episodes are not scrapped. Adding a NFO with the link to thetvdb.com didn't help either.
Thanks @annomatik

Unfortunately all I see is that very unhelpful line below as Kodi has previously attempted to scan the show so ignores it on subsequent scans. (happens with mysql)

VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://*****/media/Videos/Series/__ Cute/The Crusoe Show/' due to no change

Can you try again, but I need the first scan of the tv show. Delete it from the library and scan it back into the library and provide that log. But I am pretty sure that will fix the problem. Make sure you have item 3.6 enabled... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...y_TV_shows

I tested the show and it works fine here, but there is not a lot of information at TVDB.
My Signature
Aaaah, it stopped not working. :-) Yes, now it does the "Loading episode details" which it didn't do yesterday.

I didn't change anything, I just deleted the show from the library and added it again, now it works...

Yes, there's not a whole lot of info in that show, I have just added it quickly to thetvdb.com yesterday, without any graphics. But the info that's there is now also in Kodi.
Gremlins....
My Signature
Is anyone having problems with TheTVDB today? I keep getting a message "Unable to connect to server".

Shedrock
I was getting that yesterday.

I know they are about to release v3 of the site, so must be works in progress in the background
My Signature
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan6