• 6(current)
Broken TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan
Use option 3 and see how you go if you're able to. If not just wait a while.

We're looking at rolling an update of the scraper out to make that change for everyone, but it may take a little while.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ah, i didn't know that NFOs could also trigger this - which is most likely the case for me, as i have everything exported. I guess i'll just wait it out then... Thanks! :-)
The NFO (wiki) files will be interacting with the api, so it's quite possible (although not entirely certain I will admit). But I think it's most likely the case.

With luck things should return to normal shortly anyway, so hopefully your wait won't be too long.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-03, 19:22)DarrenHill Wrote: Use option 3 and see how you go if you're able to. If not just wait a while.

We're looking at rolling an update of the scraper out to make that change for everyone, but it may take a little while.

I've been searching and searching, but just can't figure out where to find the file on Nvidia Shield / Kodi install. Further, how would I modify it and get it changed. Seriously sorry for the ridiculously noob question, but I know I can do it, I just don't know where to go to even start the process of updating the tvdb.xml file.
On Android it should be somewhere like /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.tvdb.com/tvdb.xml or perhaps Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.tvdb.com/tvdb.xml .

Note that the .kodi folder is a hidden folder, so you may need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders to view it.

As to modifying it, that could be a little more tricky I guess. If you don't have a text editor available on the shield (no idea, I don't own one) then the simplest way is probably to wait for the updated version (3.0.16) of the scraper to be pushed out via the normal addon update channels. The fixed was pushed a little while ago, so hopefully it should be available soon.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-03, 08:42)Karellen Wrote: TVDB are looking for the developer to talk API with. Interested?
I would be interested in developing a Python scrapper for TVDB, for sure. I would love to see some decent documentation about it, unable to find it so far. That would only work on Kodi >18.0.

No way I want to mess with current XML/regular expressions madness, thought...
(2019-08-03, 20:28)DarrenHill Wrote: On Android it should be somewhere like /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.tvdb.com/tvdb.xml or perhaps Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.tvdb.com/tvdb.xml .

Note that the .kodi folder is a hidden folder, so you may need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders to view it.

As to modifying it, that could be a little more tricky I guess. If you don't have a text editor available on the shield (no idea, I don't own one) then the simplest way is probably to wait for the updated version (3.0.16) of the scraper to be pushed out via the normal addon update channels. The fixed was pushed a little while ago, so hopefully it should be available soon.
Thank you. Yeah I'll just be patient I think. Much appreciated.
Updated version (v3.0.16) is now available from the repo.
(2019-08-03, 21:54)Hitcher Wrote: Updated version (v3.0.16) is now available from the repo.
Thank you. It works great!

UPDATE: I am however getting an Artwork Beef error.

Shedrock
(2019-08-03, 21:54)Hitcher Wrote: Updated version (v3.0.16) is now available from the repo.

Will older versions of Kodi update too? Like Jarvis?
Working for me on Kodi 18.0. Not sure if the scraper updated before I tried scraping or not but everything that hadn't been scraped when Kodi was crashing is not in my library. Thanks for working to get this back running!.
(2019-08-03, 22:12)sufreak Wrote: Will older versions of Kodi update too? Like Jarvis?
No, it does not look like it. The update has been issued for v17 and later releases.

You could still try editing the file as stated in Option 3 of the first post. The line you need to change is Line 374.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-03, 22:19)Karellen Wrote: No, it does not look like it. The update has been issued for v17 and later releases. 

The update isn't showing for me on 17.6, will it take a while?

Thanks for help
(2019-08-03, 22:19)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-08-03, 22:12)sufreak Wrote: Will older versions of Kodi update too? Like Jarvis?
No, it does not look like it. The update has been issued for v17 and later releases.

You could still try editing the file as stated in Option 3 of the first post. The line you need to change is Line 374.

If I make that change, will all functionality be restored? I saw artwork was questionable
(2019-08-03, 22:21)sufreak Wrote: will all functionality be restored
No. This update fixes the crashing only.

The missing artwork is a problem at TheTVDB site and beyond our control. You can continue to scrape tv shows but no artwork is downloaded. You can simply visit TheTVDB and manually download the artwork before scraping. Kodi will still scan local artwork.

Episode artwork is not affected and is still downloaded. Only the TV Show artwork is affected.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan6