• 9(current)
Broken TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan
(2019-08-04, 18:42)MAX404 Wrote: Is working now....... maybe after the update of the add on "something " got stuck and now is fine , sorry false alarm

Do you get fanarts?
I've got the latest version of tvmb on Kodi. I have version 15 of kodi and can confirm latest version of tvdb (2.0.1.9) and it still crashes. What else should i do ?
(2019-08-04, 20:53)madhacker Wrote: I've got the latest version of tvmb on Kodi. I have version 15 of kodi and can confirm latest version of tvdb (2.0.1.9) and it still crashes. What else should i do ?
Provide a Debug Log which captures the crashing.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-04, 19:16)ragico Wrote:
(2019-08-04, 18:42)MAX404 Wrote: Is working now....... maybe after the update of the add on "something " got stuck and now is fine , sorry false alarm

Do you get fanarts?

hi
No fanart mate....
Sorry if this has been addressed, but I can't seem to find out for sure if there is in fact an Artwork Beef issue. I just tried to refresh a TV show but I get no artwork.

Again, sorry if this has been answered.

Thanks,

Shedrock
It's still the api issue at their end. Looks like they are rebuilding things still in the database, and artwork isn't being provided.

There's also no artwork coming for normal scraping for the same reason, our fix was just to stop that situation crashing Kodi in the process. All we can do is wait for things to settle down at their end and hopefully everything should fully start working properly.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-04, 22:46)DarrenHill Wrote: It's still the api issue at their end. Looks like they are rebuilding things still in the database, and artwork isn't being provided.

There's also no artwork coming for normal scraping for the same reason, our fix was just to stop that situation crashing Kodi in the process. All we can do is wait for things to settle down at their end and hopefully everything should fully start working properly.
Thank you very much for the quick response and explanation.

Shedrock
(2019-08-04, 21:03)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-08-04, 20:53)madhacker Wrote: I've got the latest version of tvmb on Kodi. I have version 15 of kodi and can confirm latest version of tvdb (2.0.1.9) and it still crashes. What else should i do ?
Provide a Debug Log which captures the crashing.  
I I have the same problem, with TVDB 2.0.19 my Kodi/Openelec on a Raspberry 3 still crashes. I attach the log and also a second one from before the update to 2.0.19 (at least I think it's from before), they are not that different, and the symptoms when using Kodi are exactly the same.

After update to 2.0.19: https://paste.kodi.tv/viwodijedi.kodi
Before: https://paste.kodi.tv/wakixegaho.kodi
@VladTheImp

OpenELEC is a dead fork and has not been updated in over two years. We class it as broken, thus we cannot investigate your issue.

I strongly urge you to update to LibreELEC... https://wiki.libreelec.tv/how_to/update_..._libreelec

Please post back if the problem continues after the upgrade.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thumbs Up 
I just updated my library and no crash. OS X. Kodi 18.3. This same setup was crashing yesterday.
Unsure what's happening but I've updated the add-on (a few times) and earlier was able to scrape 9 episodes of a new TV show just fine but right now I've scraped 2 episodes of the next season of a current show and while both episodes scrape and show in the library I can not access the info page for either episode or play either episode. All other TV shows and episodes work jst fine, including the 9 I scraped early today. Very odd behavior.
(2019-08-05, 03:32)Karellen Wrote: @VladTheImp

OpenELEC is a dead fork and has not been updated in over two years. We class it as broken, thus we cannot investigate your issue.

I strongly urge you to update to LibreELEC... https://wiki.libreelec.tv/how_to/update_..._libreelec

Please post back if the problem continues after the upgrade.
Thanks, updated to LibreELEC, everything seems to work fine now! I didn't even know, as everything just worked fine for years, that I'm on an outdated system... Thanks for all the work and effort everyone is putting into this!
@VladTheImp

Good to hear it is all working again!!
My Signature
Another quick update - based on the information in this thread on TVDB, the CloudFlare cache on items in their database (which contains the V3 data from before the rollback) should now be expiring.

Once that happens for a given series then its artwork should once again be available to the scraper and so to Kodi.

So hopefully we can finally get this debacle put to bed...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-05, 16:18)DarrenHill Wrote: Another quick update - based on the information in this thread on TVDB, the CloudFlare cache on items in their database (which contains the V3 data from before the rollback) should now be expiring.

Once that happens for a given series then its artwork should once again be available to the scraper and so to Kodi.

So hopefully we can finally get this debacle put to bed...

Can confirm - as of several hours ago, all my stuff was able to be refreshed.

Now I start to wonder if I should just store all metadata local.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan6