• 13(current)
Broken TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan
(2019-08-31, 03:56)Karellen Wrote: @Brakiss

Seems to be struggling with the <episodeguide>.

Do I assume correctly that you have had this show in your library for a while and are now adding new episodes to it?

If yes, then Refresh the show (say no to episodes when asked) and it should download the new <episodeguide> for the show and scrape the new episodes.

And just a side note, you might be interested in this... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe

Ok I will try that, thank you! Also the Universes is awesome, I will play with that today!
Not sure this is the right place, but i have some problems with Kodi on nvidia ShieldTV

It crashes everytime i try to scan tv shows, i have the newest kodi installed (Kodi 18.4), ive tried factory reset of the shield and new install of kodi, it works fine for movies, but not tv shows, this is with both TMDB and TVDB scrapers

at first scan of tv shows, it scans a few shows then crashes, but whenever i scan "more" after that point, it crashes within a few seconds, on the same show, but when i remove that show, it starts on the next one and crashes all the same, so its not the files (i have also tries scanning my tvshow folder on my computer without problems, also with 18.4)

i dont know if its a Kodi problem or a shield problem, got Shield AndroidTV 8.0.0 (32.5.205.42) installed on the shield (was released around july/august 2019, dont remember exactly)

her is my debug file for kodi: https://paste.kodi.tv/ificidikax.kodi

can get debug log for shield too if thats any help for you guys, but i probably need to go to a shield forum if you guys doesnt find anything i guess
forgot to mention in last post, can watch all the tv shows and movies just fine in file mode, just the scraping thats a problem
@Exodus

I notice you are using rar files and that might be the problem as other users have experienced crashing with rar files also.

Maybe @spiff can look at your log which abruptly stops when scanning rar files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-07, 22:36)Karellen Wrote: @Exodus

I notice you are using rar files and that might be the problem as other users have experienced crashing with rar files also.

Maybe @spiff can look at your log which abruptly stops when scanning rar files.

+1

I have the exact same problem. Movies scrape just fine but TV don't. It doesn't matter which scraper I use, just like the above. Kodi just crashes.

The same TV series scrapes just fine with two older KODI boxes I have running (17,6).

Unable to get a DEBUG log of this. The log file just ends suddenly without any information at all about this.
I have checked the rar files, so i know they are not corrupt, my movies are also rared, and isnt affected

and i can get the shows that it crashes on scanned manually (may need a couple of tries sometimes)
ok, now i dont know whats happening, now it shuts down when just browsing my movies, without any scanning of the library

and when i look at the debug log, something is happening with a movie im not even close to in the library, and havent tried starting, can this be a nvidia shield/androidtv problem?

new debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/yeserirawe.kodi
Again it seems to be crashing on rar's. I cannot assist with this and hopefully @spiff has the time to look at it as he is the developer for, amongst other things, the VFS add-on you are using.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i havent installed any new addons other than subtitle addons, so all that is there is there from scratch
oh now i got VFH (Virtual File System ) Tongue  that was already installed on first boot? or am i missing something?
Ok, maybe it is not a problem and you simply have not installed the rar addon. Even so, Kodi should not crash.

Go to Settings>Add-ons>Install from repository>Virtual file systems and install one of the add-ons- either Archive or RAR. Try them both, one at a time, and see which works better for you.
My Signature
I actually found the problem before i saw your post, got to thinking, and it was the supersubtitles addon that had installed the "archive" addon, deleted that one, installed "rar archive" and it worked, finally after several weeks of trouble Big Grin

But it would be Nice if the other archive mod is fixed so i can use supersubtitles

Thanks for all your help
(2019-09-09, 00:37)Karellen Wrote: Ok, maybe it is not a problem and you simply have not installed the rar addon. Even so, Kodi should not crash.

Go to Settings>Add-ons>Install from repository>Virtual file systems and install one of the add-ons- either Archive or RAR. Try them both, one at a time, and see which works better for you.

I actually had both installed. Uninstalled Archive and now it's working again.

Thank you!
i still have this problem on my nvidia shield.......   others too or ?
(2019-09-22, 04:51)briankdk Wrote: i still have this problem on my nvidia shield.......   others too or ?
Which problem?

Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan6