• 16(current)
Broken TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan
(2019-11-09, 00:55)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-11-08, 23:52)Karellen Wrote: Import-Export library (wiki)

I can never shamelessly promote that link enough

Sure, you may have lost your nfo files along with the hd, but a single file export to a couple of locations is a backup of the backup Smile
I will start doing that. However, I wanted to ask you something. If I use NFO files for TV Shows (episodes), wouldn't I have to create an NFO file for every episode manually that has not aired. I ask this because I am quite sure I had to do it with Tinymedia and it became annoying, especially when you have hundreds of TV show episodes.

Shedrock 

Yes you can create NFO file just copy the last good one of the last working  episode edit in notepad change the episode title the Season and Episode number and save it
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2019-11-17, 02:14)Rickt1962 Wrote: the Season and Episode number
Nope. It has no effect. Season and Episode tags in the nfo file are ignored on scan/import. They are only exported for the sake of completeness.

Filenames dictate Season and Episode numbering.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-17, 02:16)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-17, 02:14)Rickt1962 Wrote: the Season and Episode number
Nope. It has no effect. Season and Episode tags in the nfo file are ignored on scan/import. They are only exported for the sake of completeness.

Filenames dictate Season and Episode numbering.  
Sorry your wrong if you have KODI setup only to scan local information only it works I have been doing it for years. I stopped trusting Kodi scans and been using Ember for many years and also using HDhomerun with Windows 7 with Mcebuddy which creates nfos . For example Svengoolie and America Horror Story never get proper SE and I have to go in and create them. Now your asking why I would do that ? The biggest is movie scans it really a hit of miss if the title has been used before. I can control the correct title and posters etc being kept in each movie folder. And I have everything backed up and used in a second location which has no internet. So starting another KODI else where don't require the internet to scan in my Library
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
I do my own scraping of episodes from the TVDB as I a manage which files I already have or do not have..

There is functionally nothing wrong with the TVDB API it is an SSL issue from the scraper accessing the TvDB API...
 I had to update my c# code (snippet below) to use .Net 4.5.2 (or plus) and implicitly set the security protocol to TLS12 v3 (code snippet below), SSL3 and TLS v1 & v2 is deemed not secure anymore 

apiCredentials _oCredentials = getCredentials();
                JWT.DefaultJsonSerializer s = new DefaultJsonSerializer();
                System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;
                string newRequestUrl = Configuration.EndPointAddress() + "/login";
                HttpWebRequest request = WebRequest.Create(newRequestUrl) as HttpWebRequest;
                request.ContentType = "application/json";
                request.Method = "POST";
(2019-11-18, 20:24)peteran.liverpool Wrote: apiCredentials _oCredentials = getCredentials();
                System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;
                request.Method = "POST";

Where is this code from?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-18, 20:24)peteran.liverpool Wrote: I do my own scraping of episodes from the TVDB as I a manage which files I already have or do not have..

There is functionally nothing wrong with the TVDB API it is an SSL issue from the scraper accessing the TvDB API...
 I had to update my c# code (snippet below) to use .Net 4.5.2 (or plus) and implicitly set the security protocol to TLS12 v3 (code snippet below), SSL3 and TLS v1 & v2 is deemed not secure anymore 

request.Method = "POST";
I don't think anything in Kodi is using SSL still. The above is irrelevant for the scraper here. Note that these current scrapers are just XML declarations and the core engine does all the fetches, etc as common functionality.

Monitor the Plex forum on this. A lot of useful information on the progress as they are working closely with TVDB (they have a business model to protect from failures like this). All the metadata seems to be flowing as it should now but ArtWork is still not being fetched due to issues at TVDB.

It is not clear yet that the TVDB scraper needs to be updated in any way once the dust settles at TVDB for it to function normally. The IT process at TVDB seems amazingly amateurish to me in this day and age but it is what we have.
(2019-11-18, 20:24)peteran.liverpool Wrote: I do my own scraping of episodes from the TVDB as I a manage which files I already have or do not have..

request.Method = "POST";

I just noticed they also stated something about SSL on TVDB pages

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewforum.php?f=3
Bizar after 2 months its still crashing on my side with official release. Ill try a Nightly build. Still seem related to the TVDB issue from 2 months ago
@schroef

It is most likely another issue, as crashing due to TVDB is no longer a problem.

Provide a Debug Log, and we might be able to set you on the right track.
My Signature
(2020-01-18, 04:01)Karellen Wrote: @schroef

It is most likely another issue, as crashing due to TVDB is no longer a problem.

Provide a Debug Log, and we might be able to set you on the right track.

Ill try to get to a log, also will try different build. Just tried Latest nightly build and that hardly works and show black screens.

Tried this link from Shedrock; https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/api.thetvdb.com.html which shows TVDB is up and running.

Im trying one more nightly build and then try my luck with official release again.
I noticed same issue as before that when it starts scrapping TVDB i get an error and a little later a crash. Ill see if i can find more info

PS why does Kodi always shows when something happens; "Check log". But this logging isnt ON by default. Atleast ive never found or was able to locate. DId read something about setting that advancedsettings.xml file. Im trying that now
Read here.... --> Debug Log <-- It will explain how to enable debug logging. It is just a simple toggle in settings>system settings>logging. Or you can permanently enable it without the onscreen counters by adding an entry to the advancedsettings.xml file.
My Signature
I think ive got a clue what happened. Now and then i clean the thumbnail folder manually. I some sort remember also cleaning a filder containing all the zip files from the addons. I thought this isnt used orso.
I see lots of dependecies errors.

ImageImage

Ill try to into install from repo and manually update them. It worked out for a couple, but with some Kodi crashes again. Will be a tedious job i guess.
I think ill try importing my old backup from October
OKay im up and running againSmile

Thanks Karrelien for pointing me out to the logging. This helped memorize my stupid mistake i made by deleting those zips. Ill run a new back immediately Smile
Ok, good to hear it is solved. Smile
My Signature
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan6