Nvidia shield vs Minix Neo u9-h
(2019-08-06, 15:06)noggin Wrote:
(2019-08-05, 12:15)wrxtasy Wrote: Rule #1 - don't try and do everything on the one device.

Rule #2 - even though NAS (Network Access Storage) is initially expensive, it can work out as a much simpler setup for Networked media players and downloaded storage in the long term.
More modern LINUX NAS these days can run torrent programs, OTA Broadcasts TV servers, all sort of things. They are a type of Mini PC, and most well known brands are pretty user friendly.

Ruke #3 - That then frees you up to pick any sort of Networked Media player you like, Nvidia Shield, Apple TV, Amazon FireTV Stick, LibreELEC, CoreELEC, Vero 4k+, Windows device etc

👆THIS 👆 

I'd also go as far as to add a Rule 4.

Rule #4 - Consider whether you are best with two separate media player solutions - one for your DRM-ed streaming platforms (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Viaplay, C More etc. etc.) and a separate one for local media playback, Live TV/PVR etc. in Kodi. 
This is what I have done.
To save money I will keep my Minix U1 for Kodi, and use an Amazon fire stick for prime movies and tv shows (glad I kept the stick)
They both work perfectly on the same network.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia shield vs Minix Neo u9-h - by sidsilver2 - 2019-08-07, 09:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia shield vs Minix Neo u9-h0