Does the ROC-3328-CC support 1080p hi10p anime?
Question is in the title. I was browsing the forum and noticed someone had mentioned ROC CC in relation to hi10p anime but I was unsure if this was the SBC being mentioned.

The plan is to use it with LibreElec on a TV and the server where all the media is stored will be my desktop. It will just act as a client.

I've tried using the RPI3b+ but it's been mostly unsuccessful with the majority of my files.

Thanks for the help.
(2019-08-04, 03:56)randomcscrublp Wrote: Question is in the title. I was browsing the forum and noticed someone had mentioned ROC CC in relation to hi10p anime but I was unsure if this was the SBC being mentioned.

The plan is to use it with LibreElec on a TV and the server where all the media is stored will be my desktop. It will just act as a client.

I've tried using the RPI3b+ but it's been mostly unsuccessful with the majority of my files.

Thanks for the help.
Yes, the hw decoding is working with LibreELEC.
You will need something else for h.264 hi10p. RK3328 will not decode this in hardware. RK3399 can supposedly do this.
So one person is saying it works and another is saying it won't. @djnice have you tested this on the exact device?
(2019-08-09, 14:39)randomcscrublp Wrote: So one person is saying it works and another is saying it won't. @djnice have you tested this on the exact device?

Yes, I'm tested with a Z28 Pro and the Hi10p works with hw decoding (on LibreELEC).
(2019-08-08, 22:06)smp1 Wrote: You will need something else for h.264 hi10p. RK3328 will not decode this in hardware. RK3399 can supposedly do this.

This is not true: [link]

– 4K H.264 Up to 30 fps (8-bit and 10-bit)
I stand corrected. RK3328 datasheet does mention  support for 10-bit h.264.
---
(2019-08-04, 03:56)randomcscrublp Wrote: Question is in the title. I was browsing the forum and noticed someone had mentioned ROC CC in relation to hi10p anime but I was unsure if this was the SBC being mentioned.

Thanks for the help.
MVR9, ROC CC, Rock64 RK3328 can all play Hi10p hardware accelerated in LibreELEC properly.
Also 720p Netflix in LibreELEC with images I built work fine software decoded on these devices with low CPU usage.
Other RK3328 devices with LibreELEC support should also work with Hi10p.

RK3399 Khadas Edge can also play Hi10p in Android Pie in Kodi 18.3 hardware accelerated but it's more expensive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does the ROC-3328-CC support 1080p hi10p anime?0