Kodi FTP setup problems
For awhile I had Kodi setup to access my server via SFTP. Since my server got reloaded I can no longer access my server through Kodi. Filezilla is able to access the server. I am using Kodi 17.6. I have 3 different devices 2 Android (Shield & X96max) and a Windows 10 computer. None of them can access the server from Kodi. Am I missing anything that I may have overlooked? Of course the people who work on my server cannot help since its a Kodi issue.
(2019-08-04, 15:17)Disgrace2029 Wrote: For awhile I had Kodi setup to access my server via SFTP. Since my server got reloaded I can no longer access my server through Kodi. Filezilla is able to access the server. I am using Kodi 17.6. I have 3 different devices 2 Android (Shield & X96max) and a Windows 10 computer. None of them can access the server from Kodi. Am I missing anything that I may have overlooked? Of course the people who work on my server cannot help since its a Kodi issue.

I also can log into the server using Putty.
Have you got the SFTP Support add-on installed, enabled and configured correctly?

Add-ons > Add-on Browser > Install From Repository > Kodi Add-on Repository > Virtual Filesystems > SFTP Support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-04, 15:36)DarrenHill Wrote: Have you got the SFTP Support add-on installed, enabled and configured correctly?

Add-ons > Add-on Browser > Install From Repository > Kodi Add-on Repository > Virtual Filesystems > SFTP Support

Dont see it
Ah you're still on Krypton. Any reason for that and not updating to Leia?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-04, 15:59)DarrenHill Wrote: Ah you're still on Krypton. Any reason for that and not updating to Leia?

Google Drive Gguzzman
(2019-08-04, 16:01)Disgrace2029 Wrote:
(2019-08-04, 15:59)DarrenHill Wrote: Ah you're still on Krypton. Any reason for that and not updating to Leia?

Google Drive Gguzzman 
Just loaded Kodi 18 on one of the media devices. Did the SFTP and was able to get into the server. Why all of a sudden did Kodi 17.6 (no update) stopped working? Was there an update that broke it?
Nope, we aren't updating anything on Krypton any more.

The only thing that changed from our side recently is the TVDB scraper update, but that won't be of any relevance here.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-04, 15:17)Disgrace2029 Wrote: For awhile I had Kodi setup to access my server via SFTP. Since my server got reloaded I can no longer access my server through Kodi. Filezilla is able to access the server. I am using Kodi 17.6. I have 3 different devices 2 Android (Shield & X96max) and a Windows 10 computer. None of them can access the server from Kodi. Am I missing anything that I may have overlooked? Of course the people who work on my server cannot help since its a Kodi issue.

I am currently myself looking into installing a SFTP server on a Windows 10 machine. Requirements are >4 Gb files and virtual directories. What STPF server program would be recommendable?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi FTP setup problems0