FLIRC USB question
Does the FLIRC receiver just do everything in a software driver or can it's ARM proc inside actually be mapped via firmware to send specific keyboard presses as a hardware device?

I'm asking because I recently picked up a Lenovo M93P Tiny that I'm going to sup up with Kodi (i7 4750HQ ordered, bwa ha ha ha) and it has one specific USB port that the keyboard command 'Alt-P' will power it on even from being totally powered off.  So I'd like to know that if I had a FLIRC adapter, could it be configured to send Alt-P to the USB port as a USB keyboard, upon seeing a specific IR signal, or if all that instead can only happen in software once the OS is running?
The only thing the FLIRC needs software for is configuring it (assigning the IR key signal to the keyboard stroke). At least as far as I can see (you can configure it on one machine and then use it on others).

My only question would be if your device is powered off, will there be any power on the USB port that the FLIRC is plugged into to power it?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-04, 16:57)DarrenHill Wrote: My only question would be if your device is powered off, will there be any power on the USB port that the FLIRC is plugged into to power it?

The port does seem to supply standby power, or else a wired USB keyboard wouldn't be able to power it on via Alt-P.  Also my generic RC6 MCE recievers do light up it's red LED when it see's an IRC signal while plugged into this port and the M93P is turned off, though they can't turn it ON as it's looking for a specific keyboard combo, rather than the 'Power Button' press on most MCE remotes.  That said, my wireless Logitech K400's *Can't* wake it up with Alt-P, might be a matter of how MUCH power it needs or if it syncs with wireless keyboards while only getting standby power...

So yeah, from the sounds of it, the FLIRC receiver does do what I hope it does.  Neat.
The definitive answer of course would be from @jason (as he makes the things).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FLIRC USB question0