All downloaded images are corrupted
I'm using tmm 3.0.2 on some tv shows and it downloads images...but they are all invalid and corrupt. The images it downloads vary in size but none of them open as valid images. If I run the linux "file" command on the downloaded images it shows up as "data"
Quote:file /folder/Who Is America!/banner.jpg
/folder/Who Is America!/banner.jpg: data
Whereas a normal image file looks like:
Quote:file /folder/Bam\'s\ World\ Domination/poster.jpg
/folder/Bam's World Domination/poster.jpg: JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.01, resolution (DPI), density 96x96, segment length 16, Exif Standard: [TIFF image data, big-endian, direntries=1, orientation=upper-left], baseline, precision 8, 680x1000, frames 3
Which scraper?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-04, 22:03)Karellen Wrote: Which scraper?

The default thetvdb.com scrapper with my own API key entered.
Most likely not a TMM issue and has to do with this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345935
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-04, 22:20)Karellen Wrote: Most likely not a TMM issue and has to do with this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345935

Oh wow, yea. I had no idea they were doing huge changes on their backend and had *just* rolled it out. Figures with my luck, the weekend I decide "now is a good time to redo my library" haha. I guess I'll just wait it out until fixes/rollbacks are complete. Thanks!
Yes, bad timing, but it was so sudden there was no time for warning.

TMDB is unaffected so you could use their scraper. I have been using TMDB exclusively the last 18 months and had no problem with the information scraped, and the artwork is a lot better. But it is a personal choice and many people still want to default to TVDB.
My Signature
(2019-08-04, 22:31)Karellen Wrote: Yes, bad timing, but it was so sudden there was no time for warning.

TMDB is unaffected so you could use their scraper. I have been using TMDB exclusively the last 18 months and had no problem with the information scraped, and the artwork is a lot better. But it is a personal choice and many people still want to default to TVDB.

Ah right now I'm only needing TV Show metadata as my movie collection is mostly up to date. Does the TMDB work with TV as well? I assume it's mostly for movies?
(2019-08-04, 22:38)Wicked0ne Wrote:
(2019-08-04, 22:31)Karellen Wrote: Yes, bad timing, but it was so sudden there was no time for warning.

Ah right now I'm only needing TV Show metadata as my movie collection is mostly up to date. Does the TMDB work with TV as well? I assume it's mostly for movies? 
I just tried to "Search and Scrape selected shows" and selected "IMDB.com" then searched and found the tv show and it did it's thing, but it's still downloading all corrupt images.
Yes TheMovieDB supplies TV Show metadata and artwork in addition to movies. See image.

I wouldn't be using IMDB as they don't provide artwork and I guess TMM falls back to TVDB for proper artwork so you will run into the problem again.

My Signature
look at the settings for TV show images - the default artwork scraper for TV shows is TVDB in tmm.. just change that to fanart.tv/tmdb and you should be fine
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All downloaded images are corrupted0