Shortcuts not working with harmony remote
This is a random issue not sure where to put it. I have a harmony remote and you can program the buttons to windows commands.

I have set 3 to ctrl+shift+3. And set the Kodi desktop shortcut with the same command. The setup works with jriver and emby. And the keyboard shortcut works with kodi when I do it with the keyboard. 
But it won't work only with Kodi when launching from the remote. I don't think its the remote because it works with other software. Anyone have any ideas?

I am using the most recent version of Kodi that comes with DS player.
I expect your question is best handled in Peripherals.

(2019-08-06, 16:52)lightsout Wrote: But it won't work only with Kodi when launching from the remote.
It's likely that the o/s is in focus at this point and your shortcut would need a windows command.
(2019-08-06, 17:23)PatK Wrote: I expect your question is best handled in Peripherals.

(2019-08-06, 16:52)lightsout Wrote: But it won't work only with Kodi when launching from the remote.
It's likely that the o/s is in focus at this point and your shortcut would need a windows command. 

I believe that it is using a windows shortcut. The button press simulates the combination of ctrl+shift+3. Not sure why Kodi doesn't respond.
Kodi doesn't seem to like custom commands with the remote. Even mapping a letter to a number on the remote won't work. But common commands like the arrows and play work. 

I am sure some people are using Kodi with a harmony remote/hub. If I could just get it to launch that would be good enough.
If anyone comes across this, I had the device as a Windows Computer. For some reason Kodi wouldn't receive the commands. Changed it to Windows Media PC and now all is well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcuts not working with harmony remote0