Backgrounds - is there something I'm missing
So I just upgraded from Jarvis to Leia, so things are a bit different. I installed Aeon Nox Silvo and am enjoying it.  The one thing I'm not able to identify is where all the background images are. I use to be able to choose from the built in image files.
I used the Addon to download an image pack, but does this mean I need to browse and dig into my add on directory each time to find an image?

Do I go into my file manager and add the Add ons directory as a shortcut? Is there something easier I'm missing?
(2019-08-07, 19:11)sufreak Wrote: So I just upgraded from Jarvis to Leia, so things are a bit different. I installed Aeon Nox Silvo and am enjoying it.  The one thing I'm not able to identify is where all the background images are. I use to be able to choose from the built in image files.
I used the Addon to download an image pack, but does this mean I need to browse and dig into my add on directory each time to find an image?

Do I go into my file manager and add the Add ons directory as a shortcut? Is there something easier I'm missing?

I'm also a little bit lost here. I have a directory on my NAS where I have some background pictures and I want them with my movies menu shown. However I can't access the path to choose them when I use the skin customizing. Any idea?

regards,
Foppa
i have added images to my theme using resource.images.skinbackgrounds.clear
images for menu need to be copied to resources

the image name needs to be the same as the Property(id) name this name may or may not be the same name as menu
(2019-08-29, 01:50)the_other_guy Wrote: i have added images to my theme using resource.images.skinbackgrounds.clear
images for menu need to be copied to resources

the image name needs to be the same as the Property(id) name this name may or may not be the same name as menu

Don't understand why this is so complicated and why it is not the same like before. I mean, I can give the movies a directory for multiple background pictures but there are only the local drives available and no network access?!?!
Right there with you guys.

I set the background to be some the many choices i get, like "(Video Playlist) Movies" or "(Skin Playlist) Top 250". All my movies have background in the folders, in many cases many backgrounds. Not sure where Skin Playlist comes from, but that Video Playlist Movies should be the smart playlist i created in kodi i think. Any ways looks like i will have to set it for just one file and stop the rotation as i can't seem to get it working right.

With both i get the title of the file displayed but only only some of them show up other give me a blank background screen as it rotates files. Not sure what is going on, only in the newer version of silvo did not have these issues in the older version i was using.

Is there some size limit to the files that can be used or do they all have to be a certain size like 1920x1080 or something.
(2019-09-07, 06:52)Rainey222 Wrote: All my movies have background in the folders, in many cases many backgrounds.
How did you scan these many fanarts into Kodi?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-07, 07:01)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-07, 06:52)Rainey222 Wrote: All my movies have background in the folders, in many cases many backgrounds.
How did you scan these many fanarts into Kodi?

I use MCM (Media Center Master) to get movie info for my movies, it downloads the backdrops files also.

I normally use Kodi and add the Movie folder and tell it to use Local info That worked fine with 17.6
But since i upgraded to 18 and now 18.4 thats when i had this issue.
So this time with 18.4 i scan the movie folder and told it to get info from "The Movie Database" but i think it still gets backdrops file from the local movie folder. Anyways still the same issue some background files seem to just display black screen. I may try and turn on debug info for the skin and see what is in that log for any ideas. Just a big learning curve for me never done that before.
(2019-09-07, 07:27)Rainey222 Wrote: So this time with 18.4 i scan the movie folder and told it to get info from "The Movie Database" but i think it still gets backdrops file from the local movie folder.
Yes it does. You cannot tell Kodi or the scraper to ignore local information or artwork. If it is there, it will use it and there is no way to ignore it.

You still have not explained what steps you have taken to scan extra fanart into Kodi. So I guess you have not scanned them into Kodi. Read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

As for your MCM Nfo files, are you sure they are fully compliant with Kodi? Is it naming the artwork correctly?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-07, 07:44)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-07, 07:27)Rainey222 Wrote: So this time with 18.4 i scan the movie folder and told it to get info from "The Movie Database" but i think it still gets backdrops file from the local movie folder.
Yes it does. You cannot tell Kodi or the scraper to ignore local information or artwork. If it is there, it will use it and there is no way to ignore it.

You still have not explained what steps you have taken to scan extra fanart into Kodi. So I guess you have not scanned them into Kodi. Read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

As for your MCM Nfo files, are you sure they are fully compliant with Kodi? Is it naming the artwork correctly?

Thanks for the link, i will check it out and read up on it.
EDIT: Thanks again, that will help, i tried to install that artwork.beef inside of silvo and it would flash a message about need a repo and never installed, but this walks me through it. And No i never did anything special to display background so i guess i was lucky.

As for MCM, Yes it has worked fine for years, only been doing Kodi for a few of them.

I may have found what was wrong, it will take some more testing But for the 3 out of 20 backgrounds that were not showing up
i went to the movies folder and found that each one had a few extra images file that were not needed. Like a image file that has 20 screen shoots of the movie i think you call it a thumbnail file. Or image of the DVD full cover other then the poster and folder files. After i deleted them and then refreshed the movie in kodi they no longer are in the rotation and i got ride of the black background screens in the rotation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backgrounds - is there something I'm missing0