Video format 4k
In pre 3.x releases, the renamer video format token would return 4k for 4k videos.  In 3.x, it returns 2160p.  Is there a way to revert this behavior and have it return 4k instead?
that has been changed upon a request to be uniform (https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...issues/551). there is no way to switch that to the other way since we can either use 4k or 2160p. And our goal is to use a consistent style
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Sigh.  While understandable, I think your comment in that bug thread reflects how most people choose and use these nomenclatures.

Nobody calls their 4k content 2160p, even though that is technically what it is.  They call it 4k.  So I think most would want it reflected in the naming of any relevant files. 

In my case, I suppose it means downgrading back to 2.x.  3.x looks much nicer, but not sure I want to deal with having to rename all my new 4k titles manually.
(2019-08-08, 09:05)mlaggner Wrote: that has been changed upon a request to be uniform (https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...issues/551). there is no way to switch that to the other way since we can either use 4k or 2160p. And our goal is to use a consistent style
I've been thinking of how to solve this myself...there is very little examples on using JMTE with the Renamer out there...but couldn't you achieve this with the following?

${if videoFormat = "2160p"}4K${else}${end}

I've tried it myself, but it doesn't seem to work...however, if I use ! or put 4K after else, it'll show 4K...so I know the Renamer is understanding the if statement, just maybe the data types for comparison are the problem?  I tried using videoFormat.toString, videoFormat.toString(), and toString(videoFormat) with no luck...
(2020-06-20, 08:08)EarthBoundX5 Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 09:05)mlaggner Wrote: that has been changed upon a request to be uniform (https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...issues/551). there is no way to switch that to the other way since we can either use 4k or 2160p. And our goal is to use a consistent style
I've been thinking of how to solve this myself...there is very little examples on using JMTE with the Renamer out there...but couldn't you achieve this with the following?

I've tried it myself, but it doesn't seem to work...however, if I use ! or put 4K after else, it'll show 4K...so I know the Renamer is understanding the if statement, just maybe the data types for comparison are the problem?  I tried using videoFormat.toString, videoFormat.toString(), and toString(videoFormat) with no luck...

This should work:

${foreach movie.videoFiles video}${if video.videoFormat = "2160p"}4K${else}${video.videoFormat}${end}${end}
(2020-06-20, 09:42)tars Wrote:
(2020-06-20, 08:08)EarthBoundX5 Wrote:

This should work:

${foreach movie.videoFiles video}${if video.videoFormat = "2160p"}4K${else}${video.videoFormat}${end}${end}
You have single handled solved hours of headache for me...I hope OP sees this for themselves too.

I had no idea that I'd have to do a loop of videoFiles to get videoFormat in a way I could compare...since videoFormat is variable on it's own, I assumed it was that easy...

Thanks much!!
(2020-06-20, 20:29)EarthBoundX5 Wrote:
(2020-06-20, 09:42)tars Wrote:
(2020-06-20, 08:08)EarthBoundX5 Wrote: I've been thinking of how to solve this myself...there is very little examples on using JMTE with the Renamer out there...but couldn't you achieve this with the following?

This should work:

You have single handled solved hours of headache for me...I hope OP sees this for themselves too.

I had no idea that I'd have to do a loop of videoFiles to get videoFormat in a way I could compare...since videoFormat is variable on it's own, I assumed it was that easy...

Thanks much!!
Well...maybe actually solved one headache and introduced another...

I've confirmed it works, I can append it to the end of my current naming string...but as soon as I do anything with it, it stops working...like if I try to adjust for 2K or 8K instead...or if I put it in the middle of my naming...and then even if I just start over in the same session or even just use this alone, it doesn't work...it's like it triggers some failure in the application and stops handling anything, even after a restart of TMM...and then randomly, it'll work again...

Am I nuts?

What could be wrong with this?
${,movieSet.title,\}${title} ${- ,edition, }${foreach movie.videoFiles video}${if movie.videoFiles.videoFormat = "2160p"}- 4K ${else}${end}${end}${- ,3Dformat, }(${year})
(2020-06-20, 20:59)EarthBoundX5 Wrote:
(2020-06-20, 20:29)EarthBoundX5 Wrote:
(2020-06-20, 09:42)tars Wrote: This should work:

Thanks much!!
Well...maybe actually solved one headache and introduced another...

I've confirmed it works, I can append it to the end of my current naming string...but as soon as I do anything with it, it stops working...like if I try to adjust for 2K or 8K instead...or if I put it in the middle of my naming...and then even if I just start over in the same session or even just use this alone, it doesn't work...it's like it triggers some failure in the application and stops handling anything, even after a restart of TMM...and then randomly, it'll work again...

Am I nuts?

What could be wrong with this?
${,movieSet.title,\}${title} ${- ,edition, }${foreach movie.videoFiles video}${if movie.videoFiles.videoFormat = "2160p"}- 4K ${else}${end}${end}${- ,3Dformat, }(${year})

${if movie.videoFiles.videoFormat = "2160p"} should be ${if video.videoFormat = "2160p"} and it would probably need "- ${video.videoFormat} " after ${else} unless you don't want any of non-4K format added at all.

So something like:
${foreach movie.videoFiles video}${if video.videoFormat = "2160p"}- 4K ${else}- ${video.videoFormat} ${end}${end}

You can also use this without looping (note that sometimes this kind of simpler syntax doesn't work for some reason, so you need to check):
${if movie.mediaInfoVideoFormat = "2160p"}- 4K ${else}- ${movie.mediaInfoVideoFormat} ${end}

The point is if you need full featured JMTE (like if-condition here), then use the full syntax for that part rather than simplified renamer preset tokens (use ${movie.mediaInfoVideoFormat} rather than ${videoFormat} if you're going to use if condition).
you shouldn't do the loop in the rename because if your movies are splitted into more than 1 files, the token fill repeat. You could do the same thing with the undocumented fiel mainVideoFile

Code:
${if movie.mainVideoFile.videoFormat = "2160p"}4k${else}${videoFormat}${end}
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
I wonder if you can somehow change the name of the Audio codec list?
for example.
Transformers - The Last Knight (2017) (IMAX) 1080p BluRay h264 [AC3, AC3, Atmos] 6ch
on
Transformers - The Last Knight (2017) (IMAX) 1080p BluRay h264 [Dolby, Dolby, TrueHDAtmos] 5.1
where:
AC3 = Dolby
Atmos = TrueHDAtmos
TrueHD = DolbyTrueHD
DTSHD-MA = DTSHD
6ch = 5.1
2ch = 2.0
8ch = 7.1

I'm trying to load movies into the Zidoo Home Theater which reads these labels.
the only way would be to change ALL media info data in tmm (but re-reading mediainfo would overwrite this). tmm just reads those data out of the files using libmediainfo with barely no changes (except AVC -> h264 and HEVC -> h265).
I thought - with TMM Renamer
for example.
$ {if movie.mediaInfoAudioCodec = "AC3"} Dolby $ {else} $ {end}
it works but with the first audio but not with [AC3, AC3, Atmos]
(2020-06-21, 07:48)mlaggner Wrote: you shouldn't do the loop in the rename because if your movies are splitted into more than 1 files, the token fill repeat. You could do the same thing with the undocumented fiel mainVideoFile

Code:
${if movie.mainVideoFile.videoFormat = "2160p"}4k${else}${videoFormat}${end}

Can someone help me understand how to apply this?
Try this, It works for me:

${if movie.mediaInfoVideoFormat = "2160p"}4K${else}${end}

for example:
${originalTitle} (${year}) ${if movie.mediaInfoVideoFormat = "2160p"}4K${else}${end} ${mediaSource} ${videoCodec}
Thanks.  How do I try that though?  Where do I paste it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video format 4k0