Help, I'm entering the new millennia!
My apologies if this has been discussed several times before; I just can't find the proper how-to.

That out of the way, I need help in setting up the system for my DVD collection. As the subject might suggest, I am a little behind, but I have now decided to join the new world and get rid of my discs. Picard is looking after my FLAC'ified music discs and it is time to get my collection of DVDs to the NAS.
Realizing that it might be sacrilege, yes I started with PLEX. For me it works fine for the TV shows, but as I have a lot of extra material for the DVDs it is too much of a hassle to transfer all the material over to MKV, figure out what is what and do the additional naming. What I want/need is a solution where I can ISO my collection, and have the resulting files present themselves in an intelligent way.

For regular discs KODI out-of-the-box works like a charm! I name it according to TheMovieDB and KODI does the rest; perfect! However I can't figure out how to do it for special edition discs Sad 
The disc that keep coming up in the how-to's I find, is indeed one that I am struggling with. "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"
What I have in mind is that KODI has one entry at the top level, and as soon as I click that I get presented with the option of which DVD I want to play. DVD(movie) 1 or 2; or Appendix 1 or 2. I have tried various naming conventions, but I always end up with the additional files being ignores; either totally, or with the system saying it is plying disc 2 while actually playing disc 1.

Somebody please tell me what I am missing.
I am not aware of a way of doing what you ask. You could just put the extra disks in the Extras folder and use an Extras add-on... Extras (wiki)

Coming in v19. Not exactly what you are after, but could be used in some manner to do what you want... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337992
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-09, 22:45)Karellen Wrote: I am not aware of a way of doing what you ask. You could just put the extra disks in the Extras folder and use an Extras add-on... Extras (wiki)

Coming in v19. Not exactly what you are after, but could be used in some manner to do what you want... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337992

Looks like the v19 version is pretty close to what I am thinking. That way at least you can store the 4 discs as different versions, and that way select which disc you want. Might even be possible to two "versions" of the the movies, and 2 for the appendixes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help, I'm entering the new millennia!0