Kodi logging me out when switching display mode from Full Screen to Windowed
Hi,
I'm having a problem when switching between Full Screen and Windowing display modes. When I switch from Windowed to Full Screen, that works fine, but when I try to switch from Full Screen to Windowed, I am logged out of my log-in session. The screen goes black, about 10 seconds go by, then I'm at my login screen.
This happens if I use the '\' keyboard shortcut or if go under Settings->System and change the Display Mode option there.
This just started happening. The only thing that changed on my system is that I upgraded the MacOS to the latest version of Mojave (10.14.6). I think I was at 10.14.3 before.
I set my debug level to 2 and captured the result. At the bottom of the log, I see a POSIX signal is caught. 
Anyone else having this problem or know what I can do to fix it?
Debug log is here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/yijilokimu.kodi

MacOS 10.14.6
Macbook Air
Kodi 18.1
Skin: Aeon MQ 8

Thanks,
crysdevbec
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
OK, I scrubbed the add-ons.
I also updated kodi to 18.3 just in case the issue was resolved in a subsequent version. It was not.
The log file shows the sequence of me starting kodi with Display Mode in Windowed. Then I used the backslash key to toggle to Full Screen. Then I waited a minute, then used the backslash key again to try toggle back to Windowed. The log file ends at that point because, about 10 seconds later, I was kicked back to the login screen.
https://paste.kodi.tv/iyavepoyus.kodi

MacOS 10.14.6
Macbook Air
Kodi 18.3
Skin: Aeon MQ 8

Thanks,
crysdevbec
I too have this problem of being logged out.

A little bit different for me compared to you crysdevbec. I have Kodi change my panel refresh rate to either 24/50/60Hz, depending on what source file is about to play. (24fps, 50fps or 60fps).

When I quit Kodi or a video ends, it tries to go back to either it's default display setting or my Finder's resolution.

This also kills any SMB mounts which effects other apps…  Rolleyes

This was caused by Apple changing something though and not Kodi because it didn't do this while running macOS 10.14.5 with Kodi 18.3.

The workaround I have for it is.

Set Kodi to not change refresh rate at start/stop and only at start. (gets around bug when videos end)
and
CMD-Tab back to the Finder and then force-quit Kodi when you're all done.

Not having fun with Kodi of late…
macOS 10.14.6
2018 Mac Mini (3.2GHz i7, 32GB, 128GB)
OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Sharp LC42D83Xreceiver (1080p) via HDMI
Sony STR-DE497 Receiver via Dock Toslink port
Kodi 18.3
Finder mounted SMB shares from FreeNAS 11 as Kodi sources
Quote:Anyone else having this problem or know what I can do to fix it?
Same issue fresh install of Kodi 18.3 - using High Seria

1) Backslash to windowed
2) Backslash to full-screen
3) Backslash to windowed
4) Backslash to full-screen - logs me out of the OS.

I don't need to delay for this behaviour - and it happens without fail.

To workaround I leave Kodi fullscreen and the three-finger swipe to switch between windows.
Thanks for your response fraserc. Nice to see I'm not alone. Just to be clear: I didn't need to delay for this behavior to occur either. I only waited so that it was clear in the debug log what event was happening. As a software engineer myself, I have often had the unenviable task of trying to decipher debug logs that were a mess of ongoing activity.
after updating to 10.14.6 i also get logged out completely of mac os using Kodi.
I disabled adjust display refresh rate in the settings and now everything seems to be fine again.

what's wrong here?
Yes I'm also getting this on Mojave, the macOS system log shows:

sessionlogoutd[6422]: DEAD_PROCESS: 4668 console

The pastebin of my trimmed 585kb log is here.  I have deleted the log entries for 19th and 20th August to meet the 512kb pastebin limit.

I had the last macOS logout issue just before Kodi was booted on 17th August when the log begins. I was watching an episode of Sherlock on Saturday or Sunday and left it paused, during which I had no interaction with Kodi until this evening around 19.30 when I tried to get back to the menu, only to have the same behaviour as others describe above. It looks like the video players has closed but then you get a blank screen for around 10 seconds then boom! macOS login screen. 

Kodi has been pretty solid on this same machine for months, excepting the issue with TheTVDB scrapper. The last two lines in the kodi log are:

2019-08-21 19:33:29.716 T:123145383632896  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.15)
2019-08-21 19:33:29.860 T:123145392218112 WARNING: DARWINOSX: underflow (0 vs 4096 bytes)

I hope this is of use but if anybody needs more data/logs, just shout. It's summer so I'm not actually watching a lot on TV but happy to test anything specific.
Problem still present to date and Kodi.tv doesn't seem to care at all about it. Too bad because other than that, so far, Kodi has been one of the best options out there. Sadly it can't integrate 3rd party services (amazon prime videos, sling tv, hulu, netflix, etc. aside from non-official add-ons) and at least this bug isn't so crippling... just leave Kodi in FullScreen View and have it in a dedicated space to be accessed as needed Smile
I've never experienced that in Mojave. Just tried once again with the latest 18.7 release - I can toggle between window/fullscreen mode without any issues.

I have SIP disabled. Could you also check like that?
GPU crash could be the reason: https://eclecticlight.co/2020/06/05/wind...nel-panic/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logging me out when switching display mode from Full Screen to Windowed0