Kodi Remote Apps (Kore, Yatse and Kodi Remote) crashes Kodi after moving to PKC
Recently moved to PKC to manage my Kodi DB as the various scapers in Kodi struggled to find/scrape my media libraries properly.
Love it and it works great. Using Addon path as opposed to direct path.
Only issue now seems that most Kodi Remote apps crash Kodi when a media file gets selected to be played.
The Remote app connects fine, sync fine, works fine as an air mouse or touch pad and plays Music files fine(not managed bt PKC)
Any Movie, music video or TV file crashes (close kodi)
Funny thing though that 4Head Kodi Remote App works fine.
Please pardon my ignorance in the functional coding issues here. The only common denominator here according to my ignorant eyes is that PKC gets called and in the case of 4Head seem to find the path to the media file.

A look at the Kodi Log files indicate that the 'play' function seems to call PKC sub routines or something before it crashes in all three the Apps that fails, same with 4Head but then 4Head continues where the others just close Kodi.
Is this a known issue?
Would changing to Direct paths as opposed to Addon paths help?
I am having the same issue, just installed the Yatse app to try it out.
(2019-08-10, 20:48)Chrisb43 Wrote: I am having the same issue, just installed the Yatse app to try it out.

Solved my problems by going to Direct Paths as opposed to App based paths, now all the remote apps work.
Funny though Croneter the PKC creator suggested that Direct paths is always better but that I do a clean Kodi install as there were other issues in my Kodi logs and that it was not PKC.
If direct paths is always better then that infers App paths is not (have issues??) 

Being too lazy and having customized my Kodi build over the last three years to how I wanted it, I took the short cut and just changed to Direct paths.
Presto chango! remotes work!
May not be a PKC fault according to croneter but PKC does not play well with App paths and software remotes, except it seems 4Head.
According to my untrained eye, when I look at the Kodi logs for each of the 4 remotes used (Yatse, Kore, 4Head and Kodi Remote) using the same file from the same position in the Remote app, 
PLAY calls PKC and in 4Head it finds the path to the file in the other three it doesn't. 
Maybe the remote call from the 4Head App is structured different, but why would 4Head work and the others not and why would changing to direct path solve the issue immediately.
Maybe the issue lies with how PKC App path applies the Auto install/config.
(2019-08-11, 08:44)grimleaper Wrote:
(2019-08-10, 20:48)Chrisb43 Wrote: I am having the same issue, just installed the Yatse app to try it out.

Solved my problems by going to Direct Paths as opposed to App based paths, now all the remote apps work.
Funny though Croneter the PKC creator suggested that Direct paths is always better but that I do a clean Kodi install as there were other issues in my Kodi logs and that it was not PKC.
If direct paths is always better then that infers App paths is not (have issues??) 

Being too lazy and having customized my Kodi build over the last three years to how I wanted it, I took the short cut and just changed to Direct paths.
Presto chango! remotes work!
May not be a PKC fault according to croneter but PKC does not play well with App paths and software remotes, except it seems 4Head.
According to my untrained eye, when I look at the Kodi logs for each of the 4 remotes used (Yatse, Kore, 4Head and Kodi Remote) using the same file from the same position in the Remote app, 
PLAY calls PKC and in 4Head it finds the path to the file in the other three it doesn't. 
Maybe the remote call from the 4Head App is structured different, but why would 4Head work and the others not and why would changing to direct path solve the issue immediately.
Maybe the issue lies with how PKC App path applies the Auto install/config.

Sweet I will try that now. Thanks!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Remote Apps (Kore, Yatse and Kodi Remote) crashes Kodi after moving to PKC0