Kodi MySQL Database - Backup Method Question
I utilize Kodi on three different platforms and have them all pointed to the database stored on my MyCloud Ext2 Ultra. It is working well. I want to back up the database naturally. I understand I can do it with the included app phyMyAdmin on the MyCloud. Problem with that solution is I don't control or know where the backup is stored. I want to store it in another location.

So I understand the Windows version of MySQL Workbench will allow me to do that; but I cannot seem to get it to connect. I enter the IP address of my MyCloud on my local LAN. The default port 3306 I leave along and enter the same username and password as I do for phyMyAdmin. I even tried the new user account I specifically created for Kodi to create the database. I still get no connection.

I am beginning to wonder if MySQL Workbench can talk to the device. Anyway, I am just really looking to a secure way to back up this Kodi database. Any Ideas.?
Cannot help with the MySQL question, but just to point you in a different direction.

Export your library to NFO Files and that is your backup.

Import-Export library (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-14, 01:07)Karellen Wrote: Cannot help with the MySQL question, but just to point you in a different direction.

I guess I am good then as I have routinely been doing that since you shared the knowledge a while back. I would just have to import them back in I reckon if I had a problem with my database. That works.
(2019-08-14, 02:13)themusj Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 01:07)Karellen Wrote: Cannot help with the MySQL question, but just to point you in a different direction.

I guess I am good then as I have routinely been doing that since you shared the knowledge a while back. I would just have to import them back in I reckon if I had a problem with my database. That works. 

I ended up now just finding the solution and I pass it on for the benefit of others. I had to use an older version of the tool. MySQL Administrator rather than MySQL Workbench. As soon as I entered the IP and login I was in. Backing up was easy and quick. I am now safe twice over from any database corruption.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi MySQL Database - Backup Method Question0