Solved Help setting home screen for my blind sister-in-law
Hi peeps.

I have Kodi (Libreelec) setup with text to speech for my sister-in-law who is blind.

What I would like to do is set the start screen to show the files stored on a local NAS so she doesn't need to use the menus as she'd just get lost.

What I have on the NAS is a share called "Media" within that folder are two more called "TV" and "Movies". The files show up fine but I would like to set the startup screen to show as if I had pressed "Videos" - "Files" - "Media" once Kodi has loaded. This way she would have two menu items (TV and Movies) which would be simple for her.

Current setup is Pi2, Libreelec V8.2.5, Kodi v17.6

Any help would be great.
Maybe try a few of the different skins and see if there's one that is customisable and would fit the bill.

Personally I use Amber, but some of the others which are more designed for touch screens (so have larger and more bold designs which might be simpler to navigate) could fit the bill perhaps.

But you could certainly use one of the more customisable skins and then pare everything back except for the options you want above, plus also a quit menu option so that she can exit Kodi when she's finished.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Moved the thread to the "OS Independent" section, as this is more a generic question/request.
Hi again.

I tried quite a few skins but nothing really seemed to do it just right. But the good news is I have a solution.
After a bit of digging it looked like "Autoexec.py" was what I needed to create. Below is how I did this.

SSH into the Pi (I used Putty as it seems to be the program of choice)
Enter the user name and password (Libreelec uses "root" and "libreelec")

Type in "cd .kodi" - This is a hidden folder and yours may be something different.
Type in "cd userdata" - This is the user data folder.
Type in "nano autoexec.py" this opens up autoexec.py in text editor. If the file doesn't exist, it will create it.

If you already have an autoexec.py scroll to the bottom at add the following lines. Or if the page is empty just add them.

cpp:

import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(Videos)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(Select)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(Down)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(Select)')

Then press CTRL+O to write the autoexec.py to your userdata folder.
Then CTRL+X to exit.
Then just reboot the Pi and it will execute the commands once kodi is up and running.

The commands are straight forward and you can add your own down and select lines as needed.

I hope this helps someone.

Sean.
PS. Could a mod please mark this as solved (I'll look again to see if I can do it)
(2019-08-19, 12:52)seanp Wrote: PS. Could a mod please mark this as solved (I'll look again to see if I can do it)

By your command.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help setting home screen for my blind sister-in-law0