• 129(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
Okay, I'll try one more time. I know I'm a newbie, and I'm probably asking a very basic question that seems obvious to many of the coders here, but I'm honestly looking for an answer.

I love this skin, and I'm working on my first build. Is there any way to "hide" or "disable" menu items. In other words, if I have a kids section, which I only want to activate when being visited by my nephews or nieces, is this possible?

I've seen this feature on multiple other skins, and the skin is so full-featured I can't imagine it's been left out. Just can't seem to find it…

Thanks in advance to anybody who cares to help…
(2017-04-06, 05:27)marcstck Wrote: I love this skin, and I'm working on my first build. Is there any way to "hide" or "disable" menu items. In other words, if I have a kids section, which I only want to activate when being visited by my nephews or nieces, is this possible?

Have you considered profiles? You can set a password protect on profiles, and that is the best way to ensure they see what they should.

http://kodi.wiki/view/profiles

Alternatively, there is the ability to restrict by rating with "Universal Parental Control", which is an add-on that can be downloaded... that is by password as well. Seach for a video to show how

Or you can do it by nodes: http://kodi.wiki/view/video%20nodes

There could be other ways... good luck
Hey Helly!

I have been digging into the code myself to see if I can see why this behavior is happening, but it is way above my knowledge level it seems. :-)

If I can disable the Masterlock code, is there a way I can lock out access to the addons and/or file browsing using the skin?

Thanks!!
Ken

(2017-03-24, 08:29)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 20:43)kenmills Wrote: Thanks SO much for replying Helly, I know you must be swamped with this!

Yes I think it is related to #1830

Yes to setup YouTube I just selected menu item then 'add-on' then 'youtube'

I have found more info, it actual works kind of, it just flashes to the add-on screen briefly before heading back to the home screen. My problem is that I have Master Lock on, due to kids and other messing with the add-ons! :-)

You can easily reproduce if you enable Master Lock and lock down add-ons and file browser. Then add YouTube to your Home screen menu. Then open YouTube and use the back button. You get prompted for a Master Lock code.This happens with all video add-ons, even ones that you add using Video Node, like PlexMBC. I setup a Video node from the home screen to go to the "latest added" vids sub folder in Plex, but when I open it form the home screen and then use the back button, it does not go back to the home screen but it goes back to the parent folder in PlexMBC. Then if I go Back, Back it eventually prompts me for the Master Lock code.

With the master lock code disabled, I see that, just before it goes to the home screen, it flashes to the File Folders screen. That is what is causing the Master Lock to fire up I think.

Thanks for your help!!!

Cheers,
Ken

(2017-03-19, 19:42)Helly1206 Wrote: I think it's related to #1830.

I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce. How did you setup youtube on your home screen? Just 'select menu item' then 'add-on' then 'youtube'? This works as it should on my system on kodi Krypton.

Thanks,
Helly.

Hi,

Thanks for your work.I will check later on if this is a kodi related thing or if I'm possible to solve it in Xonfluence. But in most cases kodi control the back button functionality.

Helly.
AHA - I found a thread that is related to this! It looks like it is a Kodi behavior.. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306301

Damn... now how to fix...

Could the skin somehow mark where it enters the ActivateWindow shortcut? for example, if you mapped the Youtube section: ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/browse_channels/?guide_id=GCVGVjaA",return)

Then remap the back command to the Home Screen (ESC) key shortcut once that level of the addon has been reached? Again, I am totally taking out of my arse here, as I don't have enough knowledge af the code involved, lol.

Or is there a better, more Kodi friendly way to map an add-on sub folder, to allow it to go Back to the home screen?

Cheers,
Ken
Hello All,

Quick Question.

Does anyone know how to set backgrounds in Xonfluence so that I can link my backgrounds to images on the web? I have added source to a server I own with folders of backgrounds. Kodi can see the folders and images just fine but I can not figure out how to have the Background section in skin settings allow me to get to the sources list when browsing for backgrounds.

If anyone can help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Kodi 17.1 and the latest version of Xonfluence for Krypton.

Thank you in advance for any replies.
(2017-04-06, 06:29)zebraitis Wrote:
(2017-04-06, 05:27)marcstck Wrote: I love this skin, and I'm working on my first build. Is there any way to "hide" or "disable" menu items. In other words, if I have a kids section, which I only want to activate when being visited by my nephews or nieces, is this possible?

Have you considered profiles? You can set a password protect on profiles, and that is the best way to ensure they see what they should.

http://kodi.wiki/view/profiles

Alternatively, there is the ability to restrict by rating with "Universal Parental Control", which is an add-on that can be downloaded... that is by password as well. Seach for a video to show how

Or you can do it by nodes: http://kodi.wiki/view/video%20nodes

There could be other ways... good luck

Thanks very much for this advice. I will explore the options you suggest, and hopefully I can get the skin to behave the way I need it to.

Thanks again…
Thanks for a great skin...
I recently restored a Krypton backup made with Kodi Backup, and all my customization options for Xonfluence were lost.
How can I restore those settings next time?

Joel
(2017-04-08, 15:28)joliett Wrote: Thanks for a great skin...
I recently restored a Krypton backup made with Kodi Backup, and all my customization options for Xonfluence were lost.
How can I restore those settings next time?

Joel
You should change Kodi Special Path next time before backup into following file

change file:
Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.xonfluence\settings.xml

Find below path in this xml :

C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\

And Replace with :

special://home/
Thanks for your reply.

I found the folder
Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.xonfluence

There was no settings.xml in there, but I did find settings.xml in:
C:\Users\jolie\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.xonfluence\720p <--Is this correct?

I was following the video as a general guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MKow9IdIz8

and so I set the entire folder userdata as a special path using Kodi FILE MANAGER and setting the special path as a media source.
special://home/userdata\

Is this correct?
(2017-04-08, 17:37)joliett Wrote: Thanks for your reply.

I found the folder
Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.xonfluence

There was no settings.xml in there, but I did find settings.xml in:
C:\Users\jolie\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.xonfluence\720p <--Is this correct?

But then I don't know how to replace the file with special://home/
I tried to rename the file...which didn't work...so please explain replace with...
You do not have to change file name. You need to change some content which is inside the file.

You can search on this thread how you can do that but if you find it difficult to do it, the easiest way to do it use an maintenance addon called KCleaner. You will find an option inside that addon called "Compact setting Paths to special://", click on it and then confirm Yes

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307919

Remember to backup first before doing anything in case if you would like to go back.

One more note, keep you custome folder inside userdata and point into there.

And while I am rereading your original post and have feeling that your query was different than I answer for, if I understood correctly you need to tweek settings in Kodi backup addon before doing backup. Go to settings and select User Addons, Addon Data, Config Files, and anything else that you would like to backup/restore. And when you restore on new system make sure you select all these settings again in Backup addon before restoring.

Hope this will help you.
Duh...I think you're correct...it was just setting the backup option settings in the BACKUP program.
But I did learn a lot in the process. I can see now in the XONFLUENCE settings file that the special file parameters were already set by the developer!

So I am trying the Backup/Restore operation now...give me a few minutes to verify...
DONE restoring, and of course, it worked...

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Hmm weird, I posted something earlier just to come back and see its no longer here. So ill try again.

- Just wanted to point out that I believe there is a bug in Xonfluence for Krypton under the Video OSD settings (In skin settings). Almost like "some" of the settings dont take or actually dont work. If i remember correctly there was an issue with this in either 15/16 initial Xonfluence release but you ended up fixing it with the next update.

Not a big deal just figured id point it out incase no one has done so yet.
I've searched for the answer to this, and it's not often a tech problem has me losing my temper, but you'll understand I'm sure.

Android Box, uninstalled Kodi 16.1 (working with two profiles using Xonfluence but wanted to upgrade) and installed Krypton (no upgrade option via play store).

Krypton installed fine, added the repo for Xonfluence (best skin of all) no issue, and installed Xonfluence. Set up menus, shortcuts and backgrounds etc. All good. Decided to add another profile, tried to add some shortcuts but found that my addons under that profile had been disabled. I re-enabled them, but then the text for the settings on Xonfluence disappeared? Updated Xonfluence, text came back, but after a restart it was gone again. Then odd things happening in the main profile. So I uninstalled the lot including krypton. That was yesterday.

Tried again twice today, this time, I got as far as no addons getting disabled when creating the other profile. Both profiles having the layouts exactly how I wanted them, then clicked exit, and went back in to Kodi to check. The master profile had then had it's settings overwritten by the additional profile. Spent all day on this, and it takes time to set up Xonfluence, so to lose all of the work the third time had me cursing. It seems to be when I'm using the option to save settings and reload on Xonfluence. I read elsewhere that the skin settings might be getting cached, as a last ditch attempt I stopped file caching.

I did a full backup yesterday, I restored that, and it made no difference whatsoever which is strange. I use the Backup tool from the Kodi repository. I don't understand what is happening at all. I've made several backups, before and after the additional profile and some files along the way. All of this comes after buying a new box, because I ran into storage issues on the previous box with backups. My partner and I bought the box half each which is why two profiles are needed.

Please, please help me get this sorted quickly, or some guidance on how to stop this happening, or how to restore skin settings quickly if this happens once more.
I have asked this over at the PVR section but since this is the skin I'm using I thought I might get a more Xonfluence solution...

I'm trying to create a Custom Widget for my TV Home Entry that shows the Guide above the Menu....
All I really need is the proper entry for loading the guide for the Custom Widget setting.

Any help would be appreciated as would someone telling me Sorry pal can't be done so I stop looking for a solution! LOL
can you bring up the length of the video file on the popup that appears when you hit play?. I am using a vero4k.
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13