• 171(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
Hi, just thought I'd put this here in case anyone came across it.. Using v4.0.10 (Leia 18.6), the "Enable return to start menu scroll" setting under "Skin Settings/Home Screen Settings" does not work (it's enabled by default and changing this option does not disable it). Changing it Also didn't make any change to the skins settings.xml (id=fixedendingmenu).

Did some digging and comparisons between an older versions XML files where it worked and got it working - the below highlighted lines (4 in total) were missing from the IncludesMainMenu.xml:

<include name="HomeMainMenuSys">
        <left>-165</left>
        <top>8</top>
        <width>2250</width>
        <height>90</height>
        <onleft condition="!Skin.HasSetting(FixedEndingMenu)">9000</onleft>
        <onright condition="!Skin.HasSetting(FixedEndingMenu)">9000</onright>
        <onleft condition="Skin.HasSetting(FixedEndingMenu)">noop</onleft>
        <onright condition="Skin.HasSetting(FixedEndingMenu)">noop</onright>

<onup condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableGlobalSearch) + !Skin.HasSetting(FloorGlobalSearch)">610</onup>
        <onup condition="Skin.HasSetting(DisableGlobalSearch) | Skin.HasSetting(FloorGlobalSearch)">603</onup>

<include name="HomeGraphMainMenuSys">
        <left>-164</left>
        <top>8</top>
        <width>2247</width>
        <height>135</height>
        <onleft condition="!Skin.HasSetting(FixedEndingMenu)">9000</onleft>
        <onright condition="!Skin.HasSetting(FixedEndingMenu)">9000</onright>
        <onleft condition="Skin.HasSetting(FixedEndingMenu)">noop</onleft>
        <onright condition="Skin.HasSetting(FixedEndingMenu)">noop</onright>

<onup condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableGlobalSearch) + !Skin.HasSetting(FloorGlobalSearch)">610</onup>
        <onup condition="Skin.HasSetting(DisableGlobalSearch) | Skin.HasSetting(FloorGlobalSearch)">603</onup>
First, is anyone attending to this skin anymore? Still love it, but is it "as is" now? 

question:
In list view, when does it display a poster and when a thumbnail? It seems to set the thumbnail to the same image as the poster most of the time, but others seems to change to the thumbnail.

feature requests:
• support for Extras folder.  Access thru info window, also some indicator in list view (optional?) of presense of Extras folder?  Or at least indicator in info window.

• Trailer button in info window indicates whether it is a local trailer or a youtube trailer (icon?, simple •?)

• way to reorder tabs in submenus without having to redo all of them.  ×  ×
Great skin!!  Been using for several years now.  However, is there a way to increase the number of add-on shortcuts?  I need to increase to about 20 or 25.  I have seen the question asked a couple of times, but never saw an answer.  Thanks in advance.
I have a very simple question. I have created a new home menu item and want to start a little python script. But how can i asign the script to the button? i can't find something about that in xonfluence settings.
Help please? I was having too many addons stop working or uninstall themselves (really!) on my android box, so I went nuclear and completely uninstalled Kodi. I restarted my box and installed Kodi 18.7, pulled up and installed Helly repo, but no version (3.3.19, 3.2.18, 3.1.6) of Xonfluence in the repo will install. I just get errors for “dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.12.0 could not (something).”
So I tried uninstalling Kodi again to roll back to 18.6, which is what I’d been using with Xonfluence, but same error. Same for Kodi 18.5...I’m out of ideas, as I’m not far above newbie knowledge.
Any advice? And please explain it like I’m the noob I now feel like again 🤦🏻‍♀️
PS (since I cannot edit my comment above) — I know now that getting rid of all things TVA might have prevented my need to uninstall the first time, hindsight’s 20/20, and I won’t install TVA or Fusion or Lazy this time.
@jd613

All those addons you mention are banned from this forum and disqualifies you from help here.

Please read our Forum Rules and view our example list of Banned Add-ons (wiki)

Though you are not installing the 3 addons you mention in your second post, you say nothing about the Helly repo, so I assume that is installed.

Your posts will be removed shortly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-24, 05:20)Karellen Wrote: @jd613

All those addons you mention are banned from this forum and disqualifies you from help here.

Please read our Forum Rules and view our example list of Banned Add-ons (wiki)

Though you are not installing the 3 addons you mention in your second post, you say nothing about the Helly repo, so I assume that is installed.

Your posts will be removed shortly.

I do have the helly repo installed, but trying to install the skin gives the error I mentioned. I just want to know how to move forward with getting the skin to install.

I don’t know how to delete the 2nd post; I didn’t know that saying what I thought caused me to start from scratch was not allowed Sad I’m sorry.
I am still running Xonfluence on Kodi 18.7 version 4.01.0.

If you are getting a GUI version error, it means you are installing the wrong version of Xconfluence for the version of Kodi you have on your system.
To avoid other dependency errors, you could install those dependencies before you install the skin through the Kodi repository:

Dependencies for the skin are

-script.favourites
- service.skin.widgets
- service.library.data.provider
- script.randomandlastitems.

If you are successful at installing the skin, please restart Kodi.
Warning though, this skin needs some updates but sadly Helly seems to have dropped support.
I have moved on to another skin for Kodi version 19 even though Xconfluence still worked on it but had lost some funtionality.
(2020-05-25, 10:16)OTinley Wrote: I am still running Xonfluence on Kodi 18.7 version 4.01.0.

If you are getting a GUI version error, it means you are installing the wrong version of Xconfluence for the version of Kodi you have on your system.
To avoid other dependency errors, you could install those dependencies before you install the skin through the Kodi repository:

Dependencies for the skin are

-script.favourites
- service.skin.widgets
- service.library.data.provider
- script.randomandlastitems.

If you are successful at installing the skin, please restart Kodi.
Warning though, this skin needs some updates but sadly Helly seems to have dropped support.
I have moved on to another skin for Kodi version 19 even though Xconfluence still worked on it but had lost some funtionality.

Thank you for the helpful explanation! I ended up wiping my Kodi and did a new download of Helly’s zip, and this time it installed as expected, so I suspect there was one or more dependency missing or corrupted when I was using the original zip file. I restarted Kodi and was able to access backgrounds etc successfully.

Are you allowed to say (or PM me?) the skin you’re using now? I’ve been using Xonfluence for a few years, so I’m not familiar with any other skins except the basic skin that comes with Kodi installation.
If you are now using Kodi 18 with Xconfluence then you are all set.

The changes I made to Xconfluence for Kodi 19 allowed the skin to install and run but the dependencies were broken and some functionalities were lost.
In the end, it became too much of a hindrance, I am now using ACE2 with Kodi 19 on both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.10.
(2020-05-26, 11:54)OTinley Wrote: If you are now using Kodi 18 with Xconfluence then you are all set.

The changes I made to Xconfluence for Kodi 19 allowed the skin to install and run but the dependencies were broken and some functionalities were lost.
In the end, it became too much of a hindrance, I am now using ACE2 with Kodi 19 on both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.10.
Does ACE2 do addon shortcuts like xconfluence does?  This is one feature that keeps me sticking with xconfluence.   I like to be able to display the icons underneath the menu for some of the key addons I use.
Question 
I just love xonfluence! Thanks enormously! This great skin has finally allowed me to setup the menus, and most importantly, sub-menus the way I've been struggling to do with confluence for a very long time. Hooray! Blush

But there's one issue I can't seem to solve: I'd like to disable the startup animated splash screen. It's a nice piece of work, but I use Kodi 18.7.2 on my Fire TV, and I switch in and out of Kodi frequently, so the time spent displaying the splash screen becomes annoying.

How can I disable this, please? I've tried every menu and sub-menu searching for a way to disable it, but I can't find it. I also looked at the usual XML files (Home.xml, Xonfluence -> Settings.xml), but alas I'm afraid I can't find where any change needs to be made.

Please help?

Thanks1
(2020-06-20, 03:53)kamby19 Wrote: I just love xonfluence! Thanks enormously! This great skin has finally allowed me to setup the menus, and most importantly, sub-menus the way I've been struggling to do with confluence for a very long time. Hooray! Blush

But there's one issue I can't seem to solve: I'd like to disable the startup animated splash screen. It's a nice piece of work, but I use Kodi 18.7.2 on my Fire TV, and I switch in and out of Kodi frequently, so the time spent displaying the splash screen becomes annoying.

How can I disable this, please? I've tried every menu and sub-menu searching for a way to disable it, but I can't find it. I also looked at the usual XML files (Home.xml, Xonfluence -> Settings.xml), but alas I'm afraid I can't find where any change needs to be made.

Please help?

Thanks1
It seems I'm answering my own questions tonight...

I checked all the menus and sub-menus, including System -> Skin -> Scripts. But all I saw was an entry for Wake on Lan. However, I didn't recognize that entry was actually a drop-down menu, and once I finally figured that out (entirely pilot error, by the way), I discovered how to disable or enable the startup video. Viola!

This skin is incredibly brilliant, and that's coming from a former systems programmer for over 30 years (before my retirement). Excellent work, sir!
Question 
One last adjustment, and xonfluence will suit me perfectly... Apparently, the skin is designed to stop playing after some specified time -- when the screen saver kicks in, maybe?  I would like Kodi to continue playing videos and music until I manually stop it.

Having something playing all through the night is almost mandatory for me to stay asleep. But I can't find the xonfluence setting that will allow this. Does anyone know where I can find it, please?

Thanks!
  • 171(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13