• 215(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
Hey Bsoriano, just a minor glitch. In skin settings/General/Global Skin options. When scrolling down with the down button, it stops scrolling at Hide EPG if RDS is present setting, and doesnt scroll down anymore. You have to highlight the scrollbar on the right to get down further to to other settings.. BTW, ive noticed the code in the xmls youve started for skin shortcuts,, nice..
(2021-10-23, 18:11)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Bsoriano, just a minor glitch. In skin settings/General/Global Skin options. When scrolling down with the down button, it stops scrolling at Hide EPG if RDS is present setting, and doesnt scroll down anymore. You have to highlight the scrollbar on the right to get down further to to other settings.. BTW, ive noticed the code in the xmls youve started for skin shortcuts,, nice..

Looks like maybe just the wrong <control type="radiobutton" id="1271">? Because thats where it stops scrolling down.  
Quote:                            <control type="radiobutton" id="127">
                                <width>1125</width>
                                <height>60</height>
                                <font>font13</font>
                                <label>31122</label>
                                <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                                <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                                <include>MenuButton</include>
                                <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(HideEPGwithRDS)</onclick>
                                <selected>Skin.HasSetting(HideEPGwithRDS)</selected>
                            </control>
                            <control type="radiobutton" id="1271">
                                <width>1125</width>
                                <height>60</height>
                                <font>font13</font>
                                <label>$LOCALIZE[32042]</label>
                                <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                                <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                                <include>MenuButton</include>
                                <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(HideRebootToAndroid)</onclick>
                                <selected>Skin.HasSetting(HideRebootToAndroid)</selected>
                                <visible>System.CanReboot + [System.Platform.Linux | System.Platform.Linux.RaspberryPi | System.Platform.Android]</visible>
                            </control>
                            <control type="button" id="128">
Another issue ive always had with Xonfluence you may be able to figure out is. The "Default Focused Menu Item" under home screen options. This has never worked correctly for me. If you make a bunch of custom home menu items, and try to set one as default focused it never actually defaults to the correct one.
The Default Focused Main Menu item has always worked for me.

If you customise or change the order you do need to reset it though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-10-23, 18:11)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Bsoriano, just a minor glitch. In skin settings/General/Global Skin options. When scrolling down with the down button, it stops scrolling at Hide EPG if RDS is present setting, and doesnt scroll down anymore. You have to highlight the scrollbar on the right to get down further to to other settings.. BTW, ive noticed the code in the xmls youve started for skin shortcuts,, nice..
@jdig4240 , it seems that button visibility based on System.Platform causes an issue with the navigation.  I moved those buttons to the end of the list and now the navigation is correct.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please download, test, and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-10-25, 15:52)bsoriano Wrote:
@jdig4240 , it seems that button visibility based on System.Platform causes an issue with the navigation.  I moved those buttons to the end of the list and now the navigation is correct.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please download, test, and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Yes, your fix works fine. Thanks again.
(2021-10-16, 18:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-10-16, 16:43)SJL6 Wrote: Hi Bart, wow you’re on fire with changes requested I don’t know how you do it so quick lol.

I have stumbled across a problem though, the version I am using is 4.1.5 and the version on GitHub is the same? I also seem to be having trouble installing the zip. I get an error that it failed to install due to an invalid structure?

could well be me doing something wrong 😄
@SJL6 , thank you!

The version in GitHub is still 4.1.5, but with all of the latest fixes.  I just have not changed the version yet.  I just tried downloading the zip file from GitHub, and installing the skin from that in a portable Matrix installation, and it installed just fine.  Could you please delete the zip file(s) that you have downloaded from GitHub and download again?  Please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Been a little busy but just wanted to pop back and say thank you for adding the option “boot to android” it’s working well 👍
Hey all,

I'm getting ready to finally update Kodi to 19 but I'm not looking forward to setting up Xonfluence from scratch all over again.  Is there a way to export settings?  Or a file that I can copy out and copy back to the new Kodi?

I searched the forum but only found one guy asked the same question in 2018.  But there weren't any responses.

Any help?

Rx
Normally you would just save the settings.xml (Kodi > userdata > addon_data > skin.xonfluence > settings.xml).

But just like Kodi, when doing a major version update it should be done from scratch. This is especially the case for Kodi 19 because there are a lot of changes connected to Python 3.

If you have more than one Kodi device then I normally just update one of them, and use one of the others as a working example. When the updated one is working correctly and set up as desired you can then update the others and copy over the settings.xml to them too.

This is what I personally do.

Hope that helps Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2021-10-28, 21:17)Racer_X Wrote: Hey all,

I'm getting ready to finally update Kodi to 19 but I'm not looking forward to setting up Xonfluence from scratch all over again.  Is there a way to export settings?  Or a file that I can copy out and copy back to the new Kodi?

I searched the forum but only found one guy asked the same question in 2018.  But there weren't any responses.

Any help?

Rx
You can try copying over the skin.xonfluence folder in userdata/addon_data from your 18 version to the 19 version, but as  jmh2002 said it may work, it may not depending on the changes to the skin settings. But it should work in this case, maybe...
(2021-10-28, 23:18)jdig4240 Wrote: You can try copying over the skin.xonfluence folder in userdata/addon_data from your 18 version to the 19 version, but as  jmh2002 said it may work, it may not depending on the changes to the skin settings. But it should work in this case, maybe...

(2021-10-28, 23:13)jmh2002 Wrote: Normally you would just save the settings.xml (Kodi > userdata > addon_data > skin.xonfluence > settings.xml).

But just like Kodi, when doing a major version update it should be done from scratch. This is especially the case for Kodi 19 because there are a lot of changes connected to Python 3.

If you have more than one Kodi device then I normally just update one of them, and use one of the others as a working example. When the updated one is working correctly and set up as desired you can then update the others and copy over the settings.xml to them too.

Hope that helps Nod

Ok, so... that gives me a little hope.  I've read that Kodi 19 was firstly just a transfer to python3 without any major changes planned, it was just a code switch.  I don't know how much that affects xconfluence or a settings file for xconfluence.  But it's something to try, and if it doesn't work then I'll go through and reconfigure the whole thing.  Using it on AndroidTV and it's a pain to do with a remote/remote app.  And then of course copying it over to other enviros.  I have a kodi on my PC, but I don't really use it, and only use the default skin.  It's mostly for testing stuff - library features, library stuff that's scanning wrong, etc.

Ok, thanks folks -
If you use the PC for testing then I would get that all setup first, to mirror your old setup from the Android TV as much as possible in Kodi 19.

When you have the PC working how you want, update the Android TV and then copy over the settings.xml for Xonfluence as part of updating everything.

Depending on which addons you use there may be significant behind the scenes changes related to python 3. It may be easier to setup from scratch than to try and fix the mess. A clean install means no leftovers to cause unknown problems.
(2021-10-30, 05:26)jmh2002 Wrote: If you use the PC for testing then I would get that all setup first, to mirror your old setup from the Android TV as much as possible in Kodi 19.

When you have the PC working how you want, update the Android TV and then copy over the settings.xml for Xonfluence as part of updating everything.

Depending on which addons you use there may be significant behind the scenes changes related to python 3. It may be easier to setup from scratch than to try and fix the mess. A clean install means no leftovers to cause unknown problems.
Testing, but only very narrow, specific things.  It's more like a out of the box sandbox than a pre-production environment.  It's not anywhere near set up, and I'm not sure I want to do that.  Unless I could copy the setup of everything- Kodi, addons, settings, etc. over to AndroidTV wholesale.  Otherwise it sounds like yet another device to go through and set up, and one that I use only once in a blue moon. 

I was able to easily copy over the xonfluence folder and settings to a 'backup location'. 

Thanks for the suggestion, it is something to think about.  I am was having to bring my media drive over to my desktop to sort out tons of library problems. 

Wait-  I suppose I could do THAT.  I think my PC is on 19.  I'd have to check actually.  But I could bring my xonfluence settings over here, load xonfluence onto the PC and check to see if the settings file works.  That way at least I'd know what I'm in for.  And if it works then I'm a 1/3 of the way to setting up my PC as a full install.   Would make setting up the background menus, the tiles and shelf stuff easier, also. 

Hm. Something to think about- thanks for the tip!
Hello all,

Today I have made some progress towards implementing skinshortcuts with Xonfluence.  With the latest from GitHub, you can now setup the menu and submenu using skinshortcuts, which means you can add unlimited menu items/submenu items, you can reorder the menu/submenu as you choose, and you can delete or disable any menu/submenu item that you do not want to see or use. 

You can also configure the power menu the same way.

THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS, so you will not be able to see configured widget or addon shortcuts yet.  Widget(s) are going to take a while, since I will have to venture into coding that I am not familiar with yet.  This is due to my goal of providing unlimited widgets for Xonfluence as well.  Since widgets are going to take a while, I figured that I would let you know where I am at now, so you can test if you wish.

I have not changed the current menu system at all, so there's no need for concern.  I added a new setting to enable the use of skinshortcuts for menu/submenu/widget configuration.  So, you can test this new menu system without losing anything you had configured before.

You will find the new setting here:

And you now have a new settings section "Home menu options" where you configure the menu:

Only the first two options do anything right now.  If you select "Customize Home menu", you will get a dialog like this:

And there you can configure the menu.

If any of you decide to test what I have so far, please let me know how it goes.  I know that the widget, addon shortcuts and background for the each menu item are not working, so please do not report that.  If you find anything else that is not working, please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
THANKS Bart!

I'm not sure when I will get a chance to test this and have some time to reconfigure some Kodi things but I really appreciate your continued support of Xonfluence Nod

Thanks again Smile
  • 215(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13