• 227(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2022-04-19, 09:30)DiMag Wrote: Skin.ToggleDebug toggles DEBUG on/off, not DEBUG INFO.
P.S.
I should have added that having both the screen polluted by senseless info when switching debugging on and providing for an easy to handle switch (CTRL-SHIFT-D) make sense. Debugging is not just a state of info-polluted screen; it slows the machine down considerably as every action has to be printed to a logfile before the next action is executed. Debug info view does not imply such a strain, but what exactly it implies in terms of loss of speed is beyond me.
(2022-04-19, 09:30)DiMag Wrote: Skin.ToggleDebug toggles DEBUG on/off, not DEBUG INFO. It sounds weird, but try it yourself and you shall see. (BTW you don't need make a shortcut for Skin.ToggleDebug. It is already built-in as keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+D.) 

In fact it is not so much weird as an omission to state clearly that the debug view we are talking about here ---expose or not expose active windows/lists/buttons--- has nothing to do with taking or not taking system debug logs ---the ones to be posted in order to help troubleshooting. Before posting, I fired up CTRL+SHIFT+D. The screen, already polluted by debug info, got further and even more unbearably polluted by senseless info about amount of memory in use, fps, and what-have-you. Pus the indication where all this gets saved to. So before that no debug log was taken. Debug view isn't debug logging, and my request for a switch to toggle it on/off persists.
No, your wrong. (toggledebug), or CTRL+SHIFT+D toggles the debuginfo, and (skin.toggledebug) toggles the skin debug info that exposes the current skin .xmls and buttons, thats what you said you wanted. Did you even try the command, cause it works for me.
(2022-04-19, 09:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-04-19, 09:37)DiMag Wrote: the whole profiles thing in Kodi is useless (and costly in storage space)

Well, it's certainly not useless, even I am using profiles as a single user for testing/using different setups.
I meant useless in a single user context, but I did not think about that. In fact I am astonished to learn that you can entirely sandbox different configurations by using profiles --- thought only VMs do that.
(2022-04-19, 14:40)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2022-04-19, 09:30)DiMag Wrote: ....
No, your wrong. (toggledebug), or CTRL+SHIFT+D toggles the debuginfo, and (skin.toggledebug) toggles the skin debug info that exposes the current skin .xmls and buttons, thats what you said you wanted. Did you even try the command, cause it works for me.
You are right, I put Skin.Toggledebug on a submenu item and it did the trick. Now I am reverting addon.xml back to normal and using this submenu item to expose the current skin xml/buttons. 

Thank you very much indeed.
Why is it that the "scroll" buttons are missing in the "plot" section of the "Information" dialog?
Can't mouse scroll either, to see the rest of the plot.
Scroll works fine while seeing the "Cast"...
there is a setting that should help  
Skin settings>general>media view settings and enable 'enable auto scrolling for plot & review'
yeah soz @DiMag  Skin.ToggleDebug was what i meant
Question 
@udangaribaldi , @jdig4240, and all resident skin tinkerers:
[Addon shortcuts] Icon, or logo, or any other view type appreciably smaller than thumb, or, alternatively, a second submenu bar.

Following @udangaribaldi 's advise in this thread I expanded the number of shortcuts included to an addon set. The problem I came across is that the visual outcome is ugly. It was ugly before; increasing the number of addons made it even uglier.

1. Currently there appear to be only two (sometimes three) addon view types: poster, which is way too big; thumb, which is almost as big as poster; and square, which makes no appreciable difference to the former two in terms of space occupied. All three end you up with several ridiculously oversized push buttons, whose size consumes space while offering nothing in terms of functionality or information. The default poster/thumb format is ideal for media content (films, series, music) where each item contains information which is specific to this item and this item only, and can best be expressed in a poster/thumb-sized photograph. Addons, by contrast, convey all information you need by just an icon. Or a logo. Or, as @udangaribaldi has showed, by a customized button the size of a floor button but with two short lines of descriptive text instead of an icon.

Any idea how to get this new view type on addon sets?

2. As an alternative I would also consider dispensing with the addon set concept altogether and instead put the addons you need on a second submenu bar: An additional second line on the default submenu bar, with default view mode set to icon not text. Or a distinct colorization; say cyan text instead of white, grey background instead of black.

Any of these two approaches would make for a better looking, more spacious, more ergonomic skin design, with faster push buttons.
@DiMag - ive tinker'd with the addonset layout in the past  
the layout of the addonset can be customised from IncludesHomeAddOnSystem.xml  
re-size addonset to size of floorbuttons then re-position them to bottom-centre of screen, on the same level as the floorbuttons, now you got 'space' and the addonset is out the way
sounds ingenious - can't wait to try it
@DiMag  you'll find that if you move the addontset to the bottom-centre, there is code which re-positions the addonset when you 'lower the menubar'.  
you can/could tinker with this, both positions can be set by you or,  you could fix the addonset to a set position regardless if you lower the menubar or not.
I was able to fix the bug with the off-center shadow around the minimum popup icons when you pause or ff, etc. Thanks to udangaribaldi for pointing me to the correct file, IncludesOnScreenDisplay.xml. At line 1495 the setting 140r should be 180r, and at line 1504 the setting 440r should be 547r. The shadows are now centered on both my laptop and 55" TV. Or you can remove those sections to eliminate the shadow. I also eliminated the big oval around the pause play icons for a cleaner look and I was able to fix another bug which showed a ghost image of the play, pause icons when bringing up the full OSD at the bottom right side that shouldn't be there if anyone is interested.
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
I would like to have random fanart selected for Movies, TVshows, etc. I have set Background type to Random fanart, but it does not work. What do I miss?
With the "Show movie sets" option enabled (System > Media > Videos) and sorting the Movie library by "Year", it doesn't display the Year of the Collection properly, half of the Year is hidden behind the Quality icon. The text just needs to be aligned more to the left. Anyone know which XML I might find this in?
This bug is also present using any other "Sort By" method that places text next to the Quality Icons for Movie Collections, e.g. "Date Added".
Is the favorites button (next to power/shutdown button in bottom left corner) working for everyone? I click on it and my favorites menu no longer comes up. It just does nothing here. I'm not sure when that happened. I mostly use it for a shortcut to the separate Android version of ProjectM which works fully while the built-in addon to KODI has skips in the audio regularly.

Oddly, it's working on my FireTV upstairs, but not on my Nvidia Shield downstairs and I'm not sure why. I've tried deleting the favourites.xml file and adding a new shortcut, but the window doesn't pop up when I click the favorites button.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
  • 227(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13