• 92(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
I looked for profile settings script... and started piecing one together.
It's coming along nicely so far.

Glass<^>Rain
Dark Cypher
Problem trying to fast forward a movie. When I click forward on my remote instead of fast forwarding a bit it increases the volume and when I click back button it decreases volume. It didn't do this before. How would I go about fixing this?
Hello friends,

I've been using Xonfluence on Jarvis 16.1 since it was released on my Sony Bravia television's Android platform. Unfortunately I need to reset the television to factory default so I want to backup my Kodi configuration so I can restore it when the television problem is resolved.

I created my backup using the Kodi addon 'Backup' and to try to check that it will restore properly and completely I've put Jarvis 16.1 onto my Windows 10 computer. I tried to restore using my backup file but was told I was trying to restore to a different version of Kodi. Puzzled I let it continue. Then I realised I had forgotten to change the skin to Xonfluence so I'm guessing that's why it wouldn't/couldn't fully restore.

So... that's what I'm currently trying to do but am getting an error that begins with "Failed to install addon from zip file. The dependancy on service.library.data version....." and then the error message frustratingly disappears before the complete message has had time to fully scroll.

Having used Search to find "service.library.data", and then read some of this thread, I thought maybe running "service.library.data.provider-helix" might help but it hasn't.

Can any of you clever people shed any light on where I'm going wrong, and how I can successfully restore my backup file to a fresh install of Kodi? Presumably I will encounter this same problem when I eventually try to restore back to my TV?

With very many thanks

Xonfuzzled
(2016-10-27, 19:15)Durex Wrote: Problem trying to fast forward a movie. When I click forward on my remote instead of fast forwarding a bit it increases the volume and when I click back button it decreases volume. It didn't do this before. How would I go about fixing this?

This isn't related, at all, to the skin. This sounds more like a Kodi issue. It sounds like your keymap.xml has been changed.
That is correct... I bet the id in keymap does not match... I've had some probs with a small bluetooth keyboard once before...

Sent from my XT1650
Dark Cypher
(2016-10-27, 19:37)Xonfuzzled Wrote: Hello friends,

I've been using Xonfluence on Jarvis 16.1 since it was released on my Sony Bravia television's Android platform. Unfortunately I need to reset the television to factory default so I want to backup my Kodi configuration so I can restore it when the television problem is resolved.

I created my backup using the Kodi addon 'Backup' and to try to check that it will restore properly and completely I've put Jarvis 16.1 onto my Windows 10 computer. I tried to restore using my backup file but was told I was trying to restore to a different version of Kodi. Puzzled I let it continue. Then I realised I had forgotten to change the skin to Xonfluence so I'm guessing that's why it wouldn't/couldn't fully restore.

So... that's what I'm currently trying to do but am getting an error that begins with "Failed to install addon from zip file. The dependancy on service.library.data version....." and then the error message frustratingly disappears before the complete message has had time to fully scroll.

Having used Search to find "service.library.data", and then read some of this thread, I thought maybe running "service.library.data.provider-helix" might help but it hasn't.

Can any of you clever people shed any light on where I'm going wrong, and how I can successfully restore my backup file to a fresh install of Kodi? Presumably I will encounter this same problem when I eventually try to restore back to my TV?

With very many thanks

Xonfuzzled

When I backup I just copy the entire org.xbmc.kodi folder to an external sdcard. You can probably use an external hard drive or some other media. Once your TV issue is resolved install kodi, then delete org.xbmc.kodi and copy your backup back to it. You may need to re do widgets and background art depending on what skin you use.
(2016-10-28, 14:44)flhthemi Wrote: When I backup I just copy the entire org.xbmc.kodi folder to an external sdcard. You can probably use an external hard drive or some other media. Once your TV issue is resolved install kodi, then delete org.xbmc.kodi and copy your backup back to it. You may need to re do widgets and background art depending on what skin you use.

Thanks so much for replying. I'm using Xonfluence btw. No time today but over the weekend I will see if I can find that folder on the TV. I should be able to put ESF onto the TV.

Will this method also preserve my skin settings?
(2016-10-28, 15:50)Xonfuzzled Wrote: Will this method also preserve my skin settings?
It preserves everything - you're saving all the data kodi has stored.
(2016-10-24, 22:31)Brokenstick Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 15:53)flhthemi Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 08:18)Helly1206 Wrote: You can do that this way, but it is better to change the colors in the xml files. Then your system also changes color when switching theme or theme color.

Helly.

True as can be....but I didn't want to lead this thread into a tutorial Wink nor do I know which xml files contain the code Wink

Helly1206, Let me start by apologizing for a long story. It does have a point.

I appreciate your work. Everyone has their one views or "needs", and putting the final details on your customization represents (for me at least) the closest our abilities lead us to a degree of personal satisfaction.

For me, I was once a highly educated and paid professional (and who began his experience 53 years ago with Focal, Fortran, and a DEC PDP 8-S) and suffered a cognitive impairment as a I reached the pinnacle of my career. HTML, CSS, now Raspberry Pi, and yes, Kodi, have been lifesavers. I use the logic in trying to figure out how things work as rehabilitation. Your Xonfluence mod is an amazing rehab tool - it gives instant feedback, and has visual gratification that can be shared.

Searches, whether in general (like Google) or on community forums, are somewhat helpful, but mostly frustrating. Being able to make a search that is precise is not easy.

The reason why I chose the quote above is that I, too, am not rolling down the window to ask for turn-by-turn directions; just the name of the town I am looking for. (I hope I didn't show my age by the analogy to the point where "rolling down windows" is lost on too many people - cars all have power windows now I guess).

So can I impose, either by reply post, PM, or email, on the name of the .XML file I am looking for so that I can have a background against which I can see the text?

Regardless, thank you for sharing your knowledge, and putting up with those of us who can be frustrating to you.

Hi,

Thank you for the nice story in your message.

Unfortunately I don't really get the thing what you are looking for.
Do you want to change the background to get a better contrast to see text? You can create your own background as bmp file, store it somewhere on the harddisk, select it from skin settings - background and use it. (You might need to select 'Use alternative background folder'

If you want to change the colors of text, look at <Your kodi location>/addons/skin.xonfluence/colors.
Select an xml file, copy it eg brokenstick,xml, open it and change the colors to your belongings.
See here for more explanation on the color codes (codes are in hexadecimal format): 282558 (thread)
You need to select the correct color in kodi (interface settings in v17, appearance in v16 and before)

I hope this answered your question. If not, please let me know.

Thanks,
Helly.
Helly... I have question to ask... I guess skinning in general... What is the best followup when p showing recipe for a subitem d4eation or draft.....

Sent from my P01MA
Dark Cypher
oops... Well.... I bekueve

Sent from my XT1650
Dark Cypher
(2016-10-29, 04:44)glass_rain Wrote: Helly... I have question to ask... I guess skinning in general... What is the best followup when p showing recipe for a subitem d4eation or draft.....

Sent from my P01MA (typie typie)

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Can you please explain?

Thanks,
Helly.
Hi all,

I'm glad to release a new version for krypton. See below for the changelog.

- Synced with confluence github (only DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml), 3.0.38 October 28 2016
- Cleanup, removal of obsolete file (IncludesHomeNowPlaying.xml), includes, $VARs etc.
- Rigorously cleaned up widget code (removed about 4500 lines of code without removing functionality)
- Added functionality to select poster or thumbnail widget format #1320 + #1322 (+ PMs UraFarquad)
- Fixed aspect ration for large widgets (even when thumb pictures are viewed in poster format)
- Automatically set 'default' widget format during this update
- Added widget format selection in skin settings

Enjoy,
Helly.
(2016-10-29, 09:26)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-10-29, 04:44)glass_rain Wrote: Helly... I have question to ask... I guess skinning in general... What is the best followup when p showing recipe for a subitem d4eation or draft.....

Sent from my P01MA (typie typie)

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Can you please explain?

Thanks,
Helly.

Sorry Helly... I had two phones ringing that I was really trying to avoid... ROFL!
All I could see was my director's face when I was attempting to type a question. AngryConfusedSadAngry

I stopped by for a read... while checking on WAN issues here in the states.

Anyway... I've forgotten the question... LOL!!!vvRofl
It got replaced by Web cache leaks and CORS Policy blocking due to out of date certificates...

By the way.... Xonfluence Rocks... Just when I think thats as far as I can go... another path presents itself... Thanks!!NodBig Grin
(2016-10-29, 10:07)GR~mp@ck3t Wrote: Sorry Helly... I had two phones ringing that I was really trying to avoid... ROFL!
All I could see was my director's face when I was attempting to type a question. AngryConfusedSadAngry

I stopped by for a read... while checking on WAN issues here in the states.

Anyway... I've forgotten the question... LOL!!!vvRofl
It got replaced by Web cache leaks and CORS Policy blocking due to out of date certificates...

By the way.... Xonfluence Rocks... Just when I think thats as far as I can go... another path presents itself... Thanks!!NodBig Grin

Ok, no problem LaughLaughLaughLaugh.

Thanks,
Helly.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13