• 3(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2015-09-18, 02:12)trogggy Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 01:33)dmcjr22 Wrote: Hey Helly thanks for resurrecting CCM!!! I understand you have a lot on your plate right now getting things all in order and what not a suggestion i have is possibly to implement the way that aeon nox and titan can implement shortcuts within add ons. An example would having the hip hop section of Radio add on on home screen submenu
You could do that with CCM by using video nodes and / or favourites. Both still work in this.

thanks bro i knew about the favorites but never even though about the video nodes. Been using this for two years never knew thanks again
Video nodes are great...just drill all the way down to the section of the addon you want as a menu item or sub-menu item...Titan skin lists them in the short cuts but doesn't refer to them as "nodes"...
Hi All,

I've made a repo to download this skin and probably a few other addons from.

The best way to install this skin is using the repo:
hellyrepo.kodi

Download the file, go to settings -> addons and select 'install from zipfile'. Browse to the zipfile and install it. From this repo you can install xonfluence.

Helly.
Dear All,

I really appreciate that a lot of people like this skin and suggest improvements and updates. I will keep on working on this skin to make it even better.

But I have a full time job and have a lot of other things to do in my off time. Updating this skin is a lot of work, so I hope you will understand that I cannot give an update every week or so.

If someone of you has some skinning skills and would like to help me, you can post a pull request on github or send me an E-mail with the code you changed. i will check and verify the changes before adding them to an update.

I like to keep the skin nice and clean, so I will not implement every request anyone asks. I hope you also understand.

Helly.
(2015-09-18, 01:43)Robotica Wrote:
(2015-09-16, 23:36)FuSchnickens Wrote: Great work and thank you.

Everything seems to be just like CCM was. However, I have 2 different profiles and whenever I switch profiles I'm losing my settings. For the main profile I have enable single global background unchecked and I'm using live content as the background type. When I'm in profile 2 and go back to the mail profile global background is re-enabled and the background type has changed. This happens either profile when I sign into it. What am I doing wrong? Has this happened to anyone else? What do I need to do for each profile to have it's own settings?

How does stock Confluence behave?

The stock Confluence doesn't have the settings feature I mentioned that were changing. Just tried it again and the same thing keeps happening. I have no idea why the settings are not being retained. Can someone please report back if they are losing their settings when switching profiles?
@Helly1206

This line <include>FanArtExtraThumbs</include> in MyVideoNav.xml causes pulsar addon (and not only) an error.
When I removed that everything is back to normal.
(2015-09-12, 18:45)jmh2002 Wrote: ... In the meantime I'll probably post some requests in here from the CCM Helix thread, mainly touchscreen related items (which used to to exist in CCM Gotham).

Thanks again.

@Helly: here are some more things which I hope you can add in due course, I mainly copied this from my post in June in the CCM Helix thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2021621)

Some buttons / functions which seem superfluous when using a keyboard or a remote, are actually highly useful when using a touchscreen and which are not supported by almost any other skin. Previously in CCM Gotham a lot of small tweaks were done in relation to this. Maybe you can copy some code for these items from CCM Gotham to make it easier?

(2015-06-05, 17:18)jmh2002 Wrote: - the Volume and Home buttons on the fullscreen osd
- the Volume buttons on the homescreen status bar when media is playing
- the Volume buttons in other screens when media is playing
- 'larger jumps' in settings for these Volume buttons

(if screenshots are needed from CCM Gotham I can provide them)

Also a couple of bugs which I don't think ever got fixed in CCM Helix:
(2015-06-05, 17:18)jmh2002 Wrote: - if the Enable Large Home Widgets setting is used, the video node widget for TV Shows doesn't use the correct aspect ratio (the image is a Landscape Episode Thumbnail half showing in a Portrait box).
- if its not possible to fix this for the Large Widget, maybe change the this widget to show the TV Poster instead, which will fit correctly in the Portrait box?

Thanks Helly for all your work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Great job, i always feel comfortable with the Confluence skin and this has given many options i wanted before but without changing skin.
Version 3.1.1 is released now ....

I'm sorry I am not able to handle all your requests yet, but this version already has some bugs fixed and some updates from my own list are implemented.

changelog:
- MPAA rating fix for Australia (#16)
- Added views for PVR: Big List (ed76s mod) and Preview List
- Changed pages position in PVR, no overlapping with buttons anymore
- Added accessibility of floor return buttons with remote control
- Cleanup of obsolete files
- Added Library mode/ File mode option for videos
- Pictures window always opens in pictures folder now (overruled bug)
- Go back to home when pressing back button in file views (to prevent running back through a lot of folders). Not changed in addon-views
- Added watched status for all views unfocused (#12)
- Added option for visibility of floor return buttons
- Enable Now Playing info now works on all screens (#24)
- Removed FanartExtraThumbnails for now, as it is not stable for all addons (#36)

Helly.
(2015-09-15, 14:48)lucy4auto Wrote: Not sure if this is skin issue or not but I think it's very annoying. When I play movies from the library there's the ClearArt/thumb OSD, but if I play movie from my homescreen widget, the OSD has a poster instead.

Skin settings only option is wether the OSD should be on or off.

Hi, I tried to reproduce you issue but am not able to reproduce it. Maybe you do have an issue with you artwork database.

could you maybe check how it behaves is the normal confluence skin or maybe another skin?

Is there someone else with this specific issue?

Thanks
Helly
(2015-09-17, 02:33)thewarm Wrote: I just noticed when pausing a video the "paused" icon is off the screen to the right. Both Windows 7 and 8.1 using 15.1 and 15.2rc1.
Found the problem in 'DialogSeekBar.xml'. I remarked out the icons...

Hi,

I could reproduce this issue (I'm running linux btw.). Can you send me the change you made in 'DialogSeekBar.xml'? Then I can have a look at it.

Thanks
Helly
(2015-09-19, 10:53)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 18:45)jmh2002 Wrote: ... In the meantime I'll probably post some requests in here from the CCM Helix thread, mainly touchscreen related items (which used to to exist in CCM Gotham).

Thanks again.

@Helly: here are some more things which I hope you can add in due course, I mainly copied this from my post in June in the CCM Helix thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2021621)

Some buttons / functions which seem superfluous when using a keyboard or a remote, are actually highly useful when using a touchscreen and which are not supported by almost any other skin. Previously in CCM Gotham a lot of small tweaks were done in relation to this. Maybe you can copy some code for these items from CCM Gotham to make it easier?

(2015-06-05, 17:18)jmh2002 Wrote: - the Volume and Home buttons on the fullscreen osd
- the Volume buttons on the homescreen status bar when media is playing
- the Volume buttons in other screens when media is playing
- 'larger jumps' in settings for these Volume buttons

(if screenshots are needed from CCM Gotham I can provide them)

Also a couple of bugs which I don't think ever got fixed in CCM Helix:
(2015-06-05, 17:18)jmh2002 Wrote: - if the Enable Large Home Widgets setting is used, the video node widget for TV Shows doesn't use the correct aspect ratio (the image is a Landscape Episode Thumbnail half showing in a Portrait box).
- if its not possible to fix this for the Large Widget, maybe change the this widget to show the TV Poster instead, which will fit correctly in the Portrait box?

Thanks Helly for all your work.

Hi,

About the buttons, I don't really understand what you need (I am not using touchscreen btw). According to me the videoOSD will appear when you tick the screen in full screen mode. Then all required buttons will appear. In not full screen mode a popup will be displayed.
Maybe send me some Gotham screenshots. Then I'll check it and decide if it's worth to implement.

About the homescreen widgets, i don't dislike the view of the cut screens. Can you send me a screenshot, then I can check how it looks at your system.
I did a small test and a lot of TVshows do not have a poster. So the picture is empty in the case what is also not the intention.

Thanks
Helly.
Ok Helly, thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. Ill try to cover one issue at a time. First, extra buttons Smile

The problem with a touchscreen is that you are forced into using the hardware buttons of the device for volume and sometimes this is not possible (or convenient) depending on how the touchscreen is used, mounted, what case you have, etc, etc (kitchen, bathroom, car, or outdoor use is a good example).

Although there are finger gestures for some functions, having buttons in Kodi is much nicer. It's one reason why CCM is awesome, because it has the Back and Home buttons at the bottom right which makes Kodi navigation with a touchscreen so much easier (although I must admit I always jump down there even when using a bigger screen and a remote too).

But for touchscreens, Mudislander kindly added (in CCM Gotham) Volume and Home buttons to several different locations.
These were optional in settings (to not upset other users), as were some 'large jumps' for each press of the volume button.

Some of this functionality is especially useful for radio / music, so that you still have volume control when audio is playing and you are at the home screen or navigating somewhere else in Kodi (to other music playlists for example), but I used the volume buttons on the full screen OSD all of the time too, since many videos seem to have a different volume level.

It also meant that Kodi volume can be independent from the device master volume - useful if you also have other apps running in the background too and don't want to affect their volume / notifications.

The video fullscreen OSD and pop up you mentioned doesn't have Volume or Home buttons in CCM Helix (they got missed in the change from CCM Gotham to CCM Helix unfortunately). In the screenshots you will see what I mean, and see the added Volume and Home buttons in various locations.

Hopefully you will agree it is worth implementing. especially with so many more people using touchscreen devices now.
Maybe some code from CCM Gotham might be helpful to make implementation easier?

THANKS again Smile Nod

Image Image Image Image
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Here are some screenshots for the Large Widget issue. You can see that it seems to be a problem of a landscape TV Show episode image trying to be shown in a portrait widget box. Only 25% or less of the episode image is displayed.

The image needs to be somehow restricted by width, so that at least it shows like the Small Widget (only bigger). It would also be nice to have the TV Show Title and Episode on the Large Widget too, because unlike Movies you can't always tell from the episode image what TV Show it is.

You can see it works correctly for Movie Posters.

Regarding TV Show Posters I am surprised at your findings, because I would say 99% of my TV Shows have a nice Poster available.

I hope the screenshots are helpful Smile

Image Image Image
A couple of other small things:

- I think the Favourites widget is still missing from CCM Helix?

- Also, in CCM Gotham it was possible to have the Weather displayed all of the time at the top left, instead of the addon / folder that you are browsing. This seems to make more sense to me. I notice I am often missing the Weather display and need to jump back to the Home page to see this, but I dont often 'forget' what addon I am browsing and don't really need this constant reminder...

Would it be possible to change this too? THANKS! again for all your hard work Nod
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13