• 59(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
Hey guys, regarding the background not showing, just go to userdata then to addon_data then look for skin.xonfluence and when you click, it will take you to settings.xml where you can edit all the paths you want by using special://home/

Hope it helps
(2016-03-15, 23:28)trogggy Wrote: Try clicking the 'use alternative background folder' (at the bottom of your photo) - you should see 'Home' as an option, which takes you to the userdata folder.

It is a little easier having the Home folder there. Thanks for the tip!
(Granted it's still a pain in the @$$ to manually assign 12 Menus their background locations) But your tips cuts down the time. Thanks.
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
(2016-03-16, 09:35)jmh2002 Wrote: This problem also applies to the icon images for home screen addon shortcuts They are also missing when copying the installation to another device. Again its an issue in relation to the paths I think.

+1 on this one. Noticed exactly this symptom, this the other day. I concluded that every shortcut I added using my WIndows PC, did not show up on any other machine I copied over that wasn't Windows. I had to manually re-assign the home shortcuts in order to fix them. Being that I rarely use Windows, going forward, I avoid assigning any paths with it.
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
(2016-03-16, 09:51)DeanR1977 Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 09:35)jmh2002 Wrote: This problem also applies to the icon images for home screen addon shortcuts They are also missing when copying the installation to another device. Again its an issue in relation to the paths I think.
I have been using Ares backup because every other full backup add on I use does not copy properly (just the add ons get copied with the others), I used Ares Wizard for backup & it copied all the shortcuts I just had to add the wallpaper because it was in another part of my device & then i had to add my super favourites folder to my new device & it worked fine after that. Hopefully these issues get solved at some point in the near future?

I agree. Most backup program addons out there are horrible. However this issue does not pertain to backups. It's file paths assigned within different Operating Systems.

I steer away from using any wizards as from my past experiences, wizards tend to add a bunch of things I do not want and/or delete or change my setup. However, I've used Ares Wizard and I like it. Another great backup program addon I use that has worked flawlessly for years now, is USB-SDCARD WIZARD (ironic name, huh?) (no worries, it's NOT a build wizard or anything like that). You can find it in Xunitytalk repo aka Xfinity Repo (http://xunitytalk.me/xfinity )
This backup, copies and restores your setup 100%. It even copies and restores xml files individually if you only need those.
(2016-03-16, 10:55)moshoodo123 Wrote: Hey guys, regarding the background not showing, just go to userdata then to addon_data then look for skin.xonfluence and when you click, it will take you to settings.xml where you can edit all the paths you want by using special://home/

Hope it helps

Thanks for the input. We know how to get the backgrounds working in many ways, including your suggestion. What I'm asking from Helly though is different. It's a future request or improvement to the Skin so that we don't have to manually fix backgrounds when copying data and using different Operating Systems. But if it can't be done or if it's too much work, no worries. I still love his skin.
@Newbie_from_NJ, I dont know why yours is not showing. I can confirm that was what I did in my Wizard and the background shows even on linux. I have a private wizard which i built for all my relatives to use.

After I finished all my customization, I always exit kodi before I copied all the files needed for my wizard.
(2016-03-16, 16:18)moshoodo123 Wrote: @Newbie_from_NJ, I dont know why yours is not showing. I can confirm that was what I did in my Wizard and the background shows even on linux. I have a private wizard which i built for all my relatives to use.

After I finished all my customization, I always exit kodi before I copied all the files needed for my wizard.

I understand exactly what you did. The unfortunate thing about going that route is that now if you make any changes to your build's backgrounds, (which I do a lot) you have to continuously do these changes in the settings.xml file, which involves the use of another computer, etc. (very tedious) But thank you for the tip. I appreciate it and it's definitely an alternative option.
Helly is there anyway of disabling updates to the skin? Sometimes I don't wanna update because I've themed it how i wanted, plus everything is working for me with this skin at the moment. I may update again at a later time but don't wanna keep adding & changing bits all the time.
(2016-03-16, 22:29)DeanR1977 Wrote: Helly is there anyway of disabling updates to the skin? Sometimes I don't wanna update because I've themed it how i wanted, plus everything is working for me with this skin at the moment. I may update again at a later time but don't wanna keep adding & changing bits all the time.

Sure. System/Settings/Add-ons/ Context menu on HellyRepo then choose Add-on Information. De-Select Auto-update.
(2016-03-16, 22:34)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 22:29)DeanR1977 Wrote: Helly is there anyway of disabling updates to the skin? Sometimes I don't wanna update because I've themed it how i wanted, plus everything is working for me with this skin at the moment. I may update again at a later time but don't wanna keep adding & changing bits all the time.

Sure. System/Settings/Add-ons/ Context menu on HellyRepo then choose Add-on Information. De-Select Auto-update.

Or you can also uninstall Hellyrepo completely as an alternate option.
Hello all,
Is it possible to add second row of widgets to show all 10 at same time without need to scroll, or to make second row to show other stuff?
for example first row show movies and second show new episodes.
My losing settings saga continues. After several days it seemed that all had settled down and the problem had gone away .... until today. Kodi had worked perfectly for me and had started without a problem around 10 times or more in a row without a hassle over the last 5 or so days.

Today I started Kodi, and no settings. I used my backup copy to replace the settings file which was 0kb. Restarted Kodi, .... settings had gone again! But this second time the settings file measured around 40kb, not the 59kb the working backup copy is.

I replaced the settings file again, restarted Kodi and it all went perfectly.

It therefore seems to me the problem is during the startup, rather than failing to save the settings during shutdown.

Sometimes when the settings disappear the settings.xml file measures 0kb or anything up to 45kb.

I use my own background and I have disabled the start up movie in 'my' settings so as soon as Kodi begins to startup I know whether my full settings are there or not. Once the startup movie begins to play I ready myself for a quick shutdown of Kodi and into my Files program to begin a replacement of the settings.xml file.
@ Helly:

Just a small detail, but when in a view and with floor and volume buttons enabled, would it be possible for the home button to be the first focused when arrowing to the right from whatever view you are in (to prevent needing to arrow past volume up, volume down, and back) ?

Currently the 'volume up' is focused first, which is not so convenient. I seem to remember that it used to be as I described above in CCM previously.

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
It took three goes to get Kodi, Xonfluence and my settings to run last night on my Android 4.4 Minix Neo X8-H Plus. I lost the settings on two consecutive startups. Thank heavens for the backup copy of my Xonfluence settings.xml file.

I read where one of the major writers of Kodi for Android is having problems with the Kodi team and has gone back to releasing his own Kodi version written specifically for Android. His version is called SPMC and the latest release is 16.1.1. So I have installed it on my Minix, I have added the Xonfluence skin to SPMC and set it all up with my settings. I have kept a backup copy of settings.xml file just in case.

I have removed the Xonfluence skin from my Kodi Jarvis and I am keeping Kodi on the Minix as a backup .... just in case!

Let us see how it goes!
Ok not sure if anyone else if having this issue on the Fire TV Box Gen 2 that I installed Kodi 16.0 Jarvis fresh install and I put the Helly Repo on the box and then installed the Xonfluence skin. I create all my menus with shortcuts to addons. Everything goes great as it did when I had Kodi 15.2 installed with the same skin.

The problem I'm having that is driving me nuts is this: All my menus are created and everything works fine. If I reboot the entire box or pull the power cord, when the box comes back on and loads into Kodi, ALL my addon shortcuts are gone from the desktop. They still exist under Video Addons and my menu names are still there, just no Video Addon shortcuts.

Please help!!! I've installed it twice already on fresah install with same results each time Sad I LOVE this skin...please help.

Thanks!
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13