• 60(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2016-03-18, 01:35)mihzyd777 Wrote: Ok not sure if anyone else if having this issue on the Fire TV Box Gen 2 that I installed Kodi 16.0 Jarvis fresh install and I put the Helly Repo on the box and then installed the Xonfluence skin. I create all my menus with shortcuts to addons. Everything goes great as it did when I had Kodi 15.2 installed with the same skin.

The problem I'm having that is driving me nuts is this: All my menus are created and everything works fine. If I reboot the entire box or pull the power cord, when the box comes back on and loads into Kodi, ALL my addon shortcuts are gone from the desktop. They still exist under Video Addons and my menu names are still there, just no Video Addon shortcuts.

Please help!!! I've installed it twice already on fresah install with same results each time Sad I LOVE this skin...please help.

Thanks!
Are you shutting kodi down properly? In Jarvis I think skin settings are only written on a clean exit.
(2016-03-18, 01:35)mihzyd777 Wrote: Ok not sure if anyone else if having this issue on the Fire TV Box Gen 2 that I installed Kodi 16.0 Jarvis fresh install and I put the Helly Repo on the box and then installed the Xonfluence skin. I create all my menus with shortcuts to addons. Everything goes great as it did when I had Kodi 15.2 installed with the same skin.

The problem I'm having that is driving me nuts is this: All my menus are created and everything works fine. If I reboot the entire box or pull the power cord, when the box comes back on and loads into Kodi, ALL my addon shortcuts are gone from the desktop. They still exist under Video Addons and my menu names are still there, just no Video Addon shortcuts.

Please help!!! I've installed it twice already on fresah install with same results each time Sad I LOVE this skin...please help.

Thanks!
Yeah you need to power off correctly, not via a home button press or hard reset
Is there a way to make the settings.xml file group setting id's? I like to edit it myself but with all the settings mixed up randomly it makes it difficult. Here's a rough example.

Instead of this ....
<setting id="UserSubOne.5.Path" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.5.Path" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.3.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.8.Path" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubOne.9.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubOne.5.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.8.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.2.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.1.Label" type="string"></setting>

This would be much better.
<setting id="UserSubOne.9.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubOne.9.Path" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.1.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.1.Path" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.2.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.2.Path" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.3.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.3.Path" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.4.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="UserSubThree.4.Path" type="string"></setting>
Hi everyone

Here goes....

I have been using the CCM Helix skin with 15.2 Isengard with no problems at all.(Using Win 7)

Wanting to upgrade CCM Helix to Xonfluence I needed to upgrade to 16.0 Jarvis in order to use
latest version of Xonfluence. Because of some issues using Xonfluence, I decided to go back using CCM Helix,
(knowing CCM Helix hasn't been updated in a long time, I wasn't sure if CCM Helix would work with 16.0?

Well... it turned out that it worked great with 16.0, with no issues. (Again using Win 7)

I have a friend with an Android box that is running 15.2 Isengard and he refuses to update to 16.0 Jarvis.
(Running Kodi repo addons.) He wants the same setup I have on my Win 7.

Knowing that 16.0 doesn't use GUI settings for skin settings anymore. (Separate file now).

Here is my problem...

I backed up my USERDATA and ADDONS folders after upgrading to 16.0 not realizing the different format 16.0
now uses for saving skin settings. !6.0 took my 15. 2 USERDATA and ADDON folders with no problem
and I guess converted them to be 16.0 compatible.

So when I tried to pop in the USERDATA and ADDON folders into 15.2, Isengard can't read the new changes
16.0 Jarvis made. Showing basic CCM Helix, lost the skin settings.

So my question is.... is there any fix I can make to any of the settings in my 16.0 USERDATA and ADDON folder settings (GUI or other)
so that my set up will work on his box running 15.2? (Really hate to start over again from scratch.)

I hope I have made some sort of sense here.

Thank you in advance for any guidance.
Hi Helly

I hope your well-deserved "rest" is working for you !

When you do get back to Xonfluence... would you consider adding support for the new multiple fanart scheme being created by the Artwork Beef addon ?

Thanks for considering this upgraded functionality.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
Anyone know how to get rid of the arrows that appear on the bottom bar (on the submenu on the home screen) they tell you when you have more than 6 items onscreen, I would like to know the location so I could get rid of them, on some screens I have some add ons or shortcuts that I don't want children seeing due to the content is not for them. If anyone can help with the location & or tell me the name of the arrow png that would be a great help?
(2016-03-18, 04:40)DeanR1977 Wrote:

Thanks!

With FTV what is the proper meathod for shutdown to this

Also is there anything that can be done to prevent this? When I was using confluence++helix on15 it never reset these
Just registered and new to kodi. Hi everyone. I have been using ccm helix on jarvis on sony tv and like it a lot. I have just installed xonfluence on laptop.
Will this skin get an update for the background path to have more options ?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked.
Ignore me. What an idiot. Sorted. forgot to disable single global background in general settings.
(2016-03-20, 16:08)snuffy47 Wrote:
(2016-03-18, 04:40)DeanR1977 Wrote:

Thanks!

Also is there anything that can be done to prevent this? When I was using confluence++helix on15 it never reset these
Power off using the power off button via kodi, then it saves on exit
(2016-03-21, 04:41)DeanR1977 Wrote:
(2016-03-20, 16:08)snuffy47 Wrote:
(2016-03-18, 04:40)DeanR1977 Wrote: Yeah you need to power off correctly, not via a home button press or hard reset

DeanR1977, I strongly advise you to save your Xonfluence settings. Get a File Manager app such as ES Explorer or File Manager HD. In the File Manager's settings tick "Show hidden files".

Navigate to Android > data > org.xbmc.com > .kodi > userdata > addon_data > skin.xonfluence. In there is a settings.xml file which you copy and then paste somewhere as a settings.xml backup nearby in the addon_data folder.

In File Manager HD you can 'bookmark' the addon_data folder so next time you go there you click on the addon_data 'bookmark' and you go straight there. Next time your settings disappear, copy/paste your backup settings back into the skin.xonfluence folder and you have them back again. (until next time when they disappear again)

I have switched to SPMC (a Kodi look alike created especially for Android) but I still lose my xonfluence settings from time to time. I use the Kodi/SPMC power off button religiously but still at times the settings disappear! So the answer make sure you power off correctly each time is not a cure all response to not losing your Xonfluence settings.

This won't solve your problem but it will make getting your settings back a relatively painless operation.
(2016-03-21, 07:45)Thomfam Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 04:41)DeanR1977 Wrote:
(2016-03-20, 16:08)snuffy47 Wrote: With FTV what is the proper meathod for shutdown to this

DeanR1977, I strongly advise you to save your Xonfluence settings. Get a File Manager app such as ES Explorer or File Manager HD. In the File Manager's settings tick "Show hidden files".

Navigate to Android > data > org.xbmc.com > .kodi > userdata > addon_data > skin.xonfluence. In there is a settings.xml file which you copy and then paste somewhere as a settings.xml backup nearby in the addon_data folder.

In File Manager HD you can 'bookmark' the addon_data folder so next time you go there you click on the addon_data 'bookmark' and you go straight there. Next time your settings disappear, copy/paste your backup settings back into the skin.xonfluence folder and you have them back again. (until next time when they disappear again)

I have switched to SPMC (a Kodi look alike created especially for Android) but I still lose my xonfluence settings from time to time. I use the Kodi/SPMC power off button religiously but still at times the settings disappear! So the answer make sure you power off correctly each time is not a cure all response to not losing your Xonfluence settings.

This won't solve your problem but it will make getting your settings back a relatively painless operation.
Thanks for the advice, but since I've been powering off like this I have not had any problems losing settings anymore.... But I will take what your saying onboard & will back up the xml file your talking about because that would be useful too
RESOLVED Smile- select "Use alternative background folder" and the options appear. Updating for anyone else looking for same.

I've just upgraded to Jarvis 16.1 (OpenELEC 6.95.1), I can't seem to set the background images with files on my Network drive like before.

I used to go Settings>Skin Settings> BackGround Artwork>Multi Image and browsing for location brings up multiple locations (Home folder, Network File System, Root filesystem, uPnP devices, windows Networks (SMB) and Zeroconf browser)....and I used to select NFS and then the relevant folder.

but now when I go to same option and click 'Multi Image' all I see is two dots ".."" and at the bottom of the screen it says "special://skin/backgrounds"

Any idea how I set a background image for the main menu options from my NAS? I have a folder for each of home menu items with JPG's in each folder.
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
I can't get my skin settings to save.

For example I change Home Menu > Menu Items 2 (Movies) > Widget set - to NONE (and did same for Menu Item 3 TV SHOWS).

But when I reboot, the settings are gone and "Recent Movies" and "Recent TV Shows" widgets are back.
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
(2016-03-23, 17:58)gshodg Wrote: I can't get my skin settings to save.

For example I change Home Menu > Menu Items 2 (Movies) > Widget set - to NONE (and did same for Menu Item 3 TV SHOWS).

But when I reboot, the settings are gone and "Recent Movies" and "Recent TV Shows" widgets are back.
If you can do a debug log it might show up the problem - at a wild guess kodi's not shutting down properly.
What happens if you make your changes, switch to confluence (or any other skin), switch back to xconfluence and then re-boot. Do you still lose your changes?
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13