• 97(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
This is the skin I have been using for a while now. Now, I am no skinner so I cone here with this question. Would it be possible to add a "flat" them. I stumbled upon Confluence Flat (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201170) and was wondering if the flat style is possible with Xonfluence.
(2016-11-13, 19:22)dustintinsley Wrote: This is the skin I have been using for a while now. Now, I am no skinner so I cone here with this question. Would it be possible to add a "flat" them. I stumbled upon Confluence Flat (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201170) and was wondering if the flat style is possible with Xonfluence.

You could try taking the Textures.xbt file from the Media folder of Confluence Flat and renaming it Flat.xbt. Insert Flat.xbt file into the Media folder of Xonfluence. Boot Kodi and go to System > Appearance and select Flat as the theme. See if that helps ya out and if it did, slap that Thank User button for me. If not, come back and we'll tackle something else maybe? lol
(2016-11-05, 11:40)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 05:08)ilovethakush Wrote: Here's something I noticed months ago but just didn't say anything.

I'm still on 16.1 LE. I'm not sure if it's the monitor that I'm using (1680x1050) or if it's an actual bug.

Movie posters in fullscreen wall and on the homescreen when using large widgets are cut off from the left and right a little bit. The posters are displayed perfectly and in full in all other views except those two.

I actually had the exact same issue when I first tested out Estuary a few months ago, the posters there are cut off in every single view.

So yeah, I'm not really sure what the issue is.

It's probably the bug I solved for Krypton, but not for Jarvis. But screenshots help to explain what you actually mean.

See: 2433006 (post)

Thanks,
Helly.

@helly

Since this was fixed for Krypton, but not Jarvis, could you possibly explain how I could fix it for Jarvis? I'm happy to put in the work if it'll fix the issue for Jarvis branch.

EDIT: Took the time tonight to find it and go ahead and fix this on the Jarvis Branch. I can get it uploaded tomorrow for others if they want or for Helly if he wants to put it in the repo for Jarvis version.

Here's the screenshots.....

Small/Normal widget

Large widget
@UraFarquad

Thanks for taking the time to fix this for Jarvis. Yes it would be appreciated if @Helly1206 can merge this fix into the Jarvis skin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-11-14, 09:30)jmh2002 Wrote: @UraFarquad

Thanks for taking the time to fix this for Jarvis. Yes it would be appreciated if @Helly1206 can merge this fix into the Jarvis skin.

Before I submit it to him, I still need to get movie titles showing for recently added and random movie widgets (large). I'm working thru this very archaically but really wanting to do what I can to make things a little nicer (and easier for Helly if I can)

What did you think of the Nextup Add-on stuff? It's not quite ready, and I'm still working on the Still Watching window before I send it to Helly, but some feedback would be great. Nobody else has said anything so all I can go on is my own opinion.
I dont use Nextup so although your screenshots looked nice I can't really comment further. Sorry about this.

And I guess the only thing I can mention is Helly seems quite firm about keeping the skin as low maintenance as possible, and part of this is not adding support for various addons, which thereafter may need skin changes if the addon changes.

Of course for some users this is a pity, but I respect and support this from the point of view of not burning out the skin developer, and then having no updates for the core skin at all. This needs to be avoided at all costs. This already happened with previous (non Xonfluence) versions of this skin.

However, perhaps there could be some type of community provided skin mods like you are creating - doesnt this already exist for some other skins, a separate 'MOD' package with extended functionality?

Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
I'm not really trying to start a mod of this or anything. I just figured the widget bug needed fixing on Jarvis, Helly didn't seem to have the time, and I understand with his moving towards Krypton. I just thought I'd help where I could.

The Nextup thing was really just accidental for me. I downloaded Aeon MQ7 and it uses Nextup as a service add-on. As always, I checked out a new skin and moved back to Xonfluence. The service add-on stayed on and as I watched some American Dad I noticed the little box pop up. It was the default look for that add-on.
I liked the Netflix style feel of it but thought the layout could be more appealing, so I asked Helly about it. He made mention that skin support would be nice but only if someone else done the work. I needed it, so I "supported".

I have the original dev looking at the code I redone to work out a bug. I think he is moving on to a Krypton version of the add-on too, so I will have to ask him if Jarvis branch will continue to be developed or if it's version is final. That should determine whether up keep will still be needed or if its better to leave it alone.
Yes I understand, it's all fair thinking. I was just throwing another idea out there, depending on how many other users might need some extended functionality that isn't, and for the reasons I mentioned above, shouldn't be part of the core skin.

I don't really use a lot of these extras so for me Xonfluence is mostly about bug fixes and compatibility as Kodi versions move forward.

I did mention an idea to Helly recently about one possible method to add some extra functionality, hopefully without adding ongoing maintenance for him (see post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2450883) and I hope he will consider this at some stage.

However, that is not a solution for Nextup Smile
I like your idea, if what I'm thinking is in line with what you're thinking. I would like to see the possibilities there but I think those options might be over my head a bit. lol

I've used "Kodi" since the old Xbox days, and since moving on to using on an HTPC, I've found I like using the feature/service add-ons to give it the stuff I always wanted when this was a much smaller project.
(2016-11-12, 09:56)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-11-07, 14:38)trogggy Wrote: Hi Helly
Noticed in error in the log on krypton...
Quote:GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'flagging/video/Set.png
Looking in the latest confluence there is a Set.png - sticking that into the Textures.xbt in xonfluence fixes it.

Also don't know if you've seen this - I assume you'll wait for it to be fixed in confluence in any case...?

The skin's running really well on krypton - thanks as always.

Hi Trogggy,

I indeed see that new flags are added. I will add them in the next release.

About your second question, what's exactly the issue? Is it about the fanart not loading? I think the addon is working anyway, isn't it? I don't think it is good practice for an addon to use a skin variable, as it is skin dependent. I can add this variable, so you won't get the error.

Thanks,
Helly.
Hi Helly
I should have put some screenshots up to show what's happening - basically the background's not loading in confluence / xonfluence, making it look a mess / harder to read. It's not too bad if I'm loading over a relatively empty page as in the screenshots - but the more there is on the preceding page the worse it looks.
I can't reproduce the crashes after updating libreelec, so I'm going to put that down to bluetooth settings going crazy-mad, ie unrelated - and I can see there's a 'videolibrary' reference that shouldn't be in the addon - estuary manages to ignore that though. I'm assuming (maybe wrongly) that if it's working in estuary a change is needed in other skins. Might be a mile off.
Anyways:
xonfluence jarvis (lovely):
estuary (again gorgeous):
Confluence and xonfluence krypton (page visible behind):
Thanks again for looking at this.
(2016-11-14, 02:13)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-13, 19:22)dustintinsley Wrote: This is the skin I have been using for a while now. Now, I am no skinner so I cone here with this question. Would it be possible to add a "flat" them. I stumbled upon Confluence Flat (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201170) and was wondering if the flat style is possible with Xonfluence.

You could try taking the Textures.xbt file from the Media folder of Confluence Flat and renaming it Flat.xbt. Insert Flat.xbt file into the Media folder of Xonfluence. Boot Kodi and go to System > Appearance and select Flat as the theme. See if that helps ya out and if it did, slap that Thank User button for me. If not, come back and we'll tackle something else maybe? lol

Interesting. I will give that a try...
@ Helly....
Please please please please please...
...at least consider bringing back the Confluence-style favourites on the sideblade.
I use favourites all the time in the skin - the beauty of the sideblade is that it's unobtrusive and you can still see the rest of the screen. The new one in 3.3.9 (from Estuary?) looks worse (subjective I know), is too big and obscures what's already the screen. It's not the end of the world, obviously - I can replace dialogfavourites.xml with the old one every time there's an update - but from my point of view it's much worse than what was there.
An option to keep the old one would be great (though I'm not sure how you'd go about it).
Thanks for reading, keeping everything crossed.
(2016-11-14, 22:21)trogggy Wrote: @ Helly....
Please please please please please...
...at least consider bringing back the Confluence-style favourites on the sideblade.
I use favourites all the time in the skin - the beauty of the sideblade is that it's unobtrusive and you can still see the rest of the screen. The new one in 3.3.9 (from Estuary?) looks worse (subjective I know), is too big and obscures what's already the screen. It's not the end of the world, obviously - I can replace dialogfavourites.xml with the old one every time there's an update - but from my point of view it's much worse than what was there.
An option to keep the old one would be great (though I'm not sure how you'd go about it).
Thanks for reading, keeping everything crossed.

+1 +1
(2016-11-14, 02:42)UraFarquad Wrote: Small/Normal widget

Large widget

Okay, folks......... This fix is competed for the Jarvis branch.

Fixes include......

1) Movie titles now appear in Large Widget format for Recently Added, Random and Custom Widgets.

2) Episode thumbnails for Custom Widgets scale properly for Large Widget format.

As soon as Helly sees this and contacts me, I'll give it to him to update the Jarvis branch.
(2016-11-08, 17:38)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 16:48)moshoodo123 Wrote: Hi everyone, I am using this fabulous Skin thanks to @helly for his wonderful job. can some please tell me if it is possible to redesign Video OSD menu.

I want to change the design from this: Image

to this: Image

What file do i need to edit/ Change. I am not a skinner but I have Php knowledge and I have changed stuffs from the Texures file before. Ignore the TV Guide, just the feel and look I want to achieve. Thanks for any help.

Regards

I think you'd need to edit the VideoOSD.xml but I could be wrong. I'm also not a Skinner. Try checking in the wiki for more info.

thanks so much for your reply but i have checked VideoOSD.xml and its not there. i need the file to change the OSD background, OSD content Title font etc.

regards
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13